Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games You've Played This Year
2020 was a fucked up year and has been mentally straining for everybody, but where some people suffer being stuck indoors others like myself thrive with the backcatalog we have of games that we never get time during our normal life to play. So what are some games new and old that you played or beat this year, I'll start this off by sharing a list of my own.

1. RE 3MAKE - Amazing game especially holding its own against RE 2 although it was quite shorter than I planned, if you like horror games this one is a must play, but I would try to catch it on sale. IGN review

2. Demon's Souls - Wow talk about a phenomenal remake, I've never been a terribly big fan of the souls series but I of course picked this up after getting my PS5 and was amazed at how fantastic this game looked. The visual fidelity alone kept me playing until I figured out how it worked. If you were lucky enough to get a PS5 this game is a must. Trailer

3. Castlevania Order of Ecclesia - The last mainline castlevania game to be released which is the clear inspiration for bloodstained, a pretty solid metroidvania albeit gets very difficult if you are a newer player. OLD IGN review

4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I never played blind forest prior to this game so I was very taken aback out how absolutely beautiful this game is. The best way I can describe it is like playing an animated Disney movie. The music also adds a level of emotion I've not felt in a video game for a long time and multiple times in the story I actually got sad and upset with events that happen to the characters. This makes a great showcase how games can be art as much as they are entertainment. Teaser Trailer

5. Spelunky 2 - Fucking god damn moles

6. Metroid Prime Trilogy - I am a HUGE Metroid fan and Super Metroid is one of the games that defined the person that I am today. Finally I decided to try the 3d games and prior I had beaten Metroid Prime 1 on the gamecube back in the day but never 2 or 3. I picked up a physical copy for my wii (was not cheap) and gave the other games a chance. Wow was I missing out, I instantly fell in love with the whole trilogy and while not as mysterious as the first game the last 2 hold their own against others in the genre. Another old IGN review

7. Sonic Games - Sonic is my single favorite franchise with Sonic 3 being my first ever video game. Along with replaying the original 3 I also tried Sonic Adventure 2 along with the game gear games and while not as good as the originals made fun for pass-time when I couldn't think of anything else to play. Games got kind of infuriating at times but what game wouldn't be fun if it didn't offer some challenge? I don't have a specific game to show here so I'll just link my favorite reviewer. Somecallmejohnny Sonic Handheld Marathon

8. Shining Force Series - A classic Sega RPG franchise. Essentially its RPG Chess, kind of like Fire Emblem. I had SF1 growing up but could never get into SF2 because of how difficult it was and SF3 because of how rare the game is (being one of the more/most expensive Sega Saturn games, US version listed for 300 dollars on Ebay!!!!!!!!!!!) So I finally got into SF2 and with a guide was able to beat the most difficult parts of the game which normally locks out players who aren't thinking about strategy. Then after the amazing ending of that game decided to spend the money on SF3, it was at the start of the covid-19 outbreak so the game dropped to $200. Was it worth that money? Probably not but I had a hell of a good time with 3 and if you ever get into the series I recommend emulating the third game. I still have yet to play SF CD because that one is also insanely expensive but nonetheless I look forward to whenever I do decide to bite the bullet. SF 1 SF 2 TotalBiscuit SF3 LP Rest In Peace

So those are some games that I spent some time with this year, obviously I played a lot of games outside of these I mentioned but they most likely did not leave as much impact on me as these ones did. Feel free to share any games or make a list of your own, I'm always looking for new games to play and maybe you guys will share my next Super Metroid ;).
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Skylanders (xbox 360 version)

kung zhu

killer rabbits and the quest for the magic carrot

gmod

minecraft

apex legends

r6 seige

Bully (rockstar)

tf2

slime rancher

rocket bagel

titan fall 2

and many more
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
In no order:

Garrys mod

Doom eternal

NBA 2k21

Mario 3D all stars

Luigis mansion 3

Borderlands 3

Red dead redemption 2

Halo Master chief collection 

Rust
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Hentai Vs. Furries

Google Snake Game

Madden

League

Half-life lost coast

Also got banned on a garry's mod server
former admin2
Sadly, I played Garry’s Mod in 2020.
(01-01-2021, 05:35 PM)Tedgp908 Wrote: Sadly, I played Garry’s Mod in 2020.
Fortunately, I did not play Garry’s Mod in 2020.

I enjoyed the luxury of cyberpunk, gtfo, gta, and other stuff
I have a small circle of games I played this year consistently.

Sea of Thieves - Beautiful, fun, and calming when you're on a peaceful server. Some people are very cannon happy tho.

Dead by Daylight - It was fun for a while till we ran into toxic competitive people. Tho I jump back into it to play killer rounds.

Garry's Mod - Came back to it after a long hiatus. Vibing.

Guild Wars 2 - It's just beautiful and a nice grinding game to play to kill time.
I don't play many new games, but I played Celeste and it touched me a lot.

I also played DOOM Eternal and became the human representation of violence
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Black Mesa, GTAV/GTAO, Garry's Mod, Helltaker, CS:S, CS:GO and RE2 remake
Gmod 
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 
Rocket League 
Dying Light
Dead by daylight 
Tom Clancy The Division