Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice in exile
Hello, and welcome to my goodbye. After over 1000 hours on dinklebergs prophunt, under 100 hours on TTT and a couple of hours on DR, it seems that questioning staff judgement has led to my exile. For one, i'd just like to commend the great community that existed around the time I was trusted and user. Everyone was non biased, no drives other than justice, being staff didnt involve back end shit, just dealing with the game and people. Its quite unfortunate that it's not the same now, now community discussion is unadvised, community questions improperly answered, and before the user can object, the question is closed. Is that really how you sustain a community?

Bitching aside, you had something going, and it got thrown away, by what exactly im not entirely sure. It is very sad either way, because I actually greatly enjoyed the server and had a great time being involved in the development of the server. Banning Starky was not serious, it was just a hate lash because I knew I was being thrown away like trash with an opinion.

I do, however, have a pastebin that, well you can deduct the contents yourself. However, I have one final request to the admins of this community. Look at this link with an unbiased mind, and take its contents and look at their integrity. Silencing the most unbiased facts that I have ever voluntarily created because of a biased mind will be unfortunate, and honestly lower my hopes of humanity in general. I know you have the understanding to look at this for its content and informative value, and honestly, if you dont, the people will hate you even more than they do now, and you wouldnt want that would you?

https://pastebin.com/dNzSPNFE

And with that I say goodbye. Its been an honor, but of couse good things must come crumbling down by that one guy.

Sayonara, motherlickers!
[Image: iYOXpB3.jpg]
When you are an Admin you have a certain level of responsibility and should act in a more mature way. You honestly have no one to blame but you here
Rippe said I wasnt an admin so im not an admin, idk what you're talking about
He's not unwarranted in saying this. Especially over the past week where bans have been doled out seemingly just because a moderator is having a bad day and doesn't feel like dealing with it. Which mind you; is a responsibility they took on them selves. Weather it be applied for out bought. The mods aren't here to think of the best way to do less. They are here to keep the game play fair and fun for users. If you don't want to take on moderator responsibilities the proper response it to not be one. How ever an improper response is to ban every person who has an opinion or comment contrary to your own.
Now I understand some mods do a lot of behind the scenes work so on server work is stressful. Which is fine, and yes this is directed partially to you @Mr_Rippe. Because I know you work with the dev team constantly keeping the server from physically falling apart. But you need to take into consideration that on the surface; it 100% looks to any outside observer like you do two things and only two things: Ban any one who questions you, spawn in random weapons that are 100% not part of the game and if taken from you can adversely affect the play of others. If the work load is too much handle, do what you need to in a matter of priority and let the lower ranks handle the minor in game player related issues. Bring on a staff member or two specifically to deal with ban requests; slays, etc. Free the hands of those who are versed enough in other things to properly handle other things.

There was an instance this week particularly where one mod came on; banned an ass load of regulars for reasons that barely warranted a gag. As well a few of your bans are titled under "We are done dealing with your shit" and directed at respected, veteran, members of the community who rarely cause an uproar. But challenged some one on a matter of ethics or opinion and were immediately removed simply for not agreeing. Stating as a matter of "all" the opinions being in line with your opinion. No one opinion stands alone as the end all be all. This is why we have a forum, this is why we have a + and - system, this is why we have community discussions on threads. If we're just exiling everyone and anyone who doesn't fall in line; we might as well just get rid of this entire forum and make the motd "Rule 1: Thoughts are bannable".

Now this isn't to say every single decision made recently is in the wrong. Some were necessary, others correct but maybe disproportionate (I was involved with one of these cases actually, perma ban for hellish mic spam. Something if I had the power to correct; would be cranked down to a month at most. Because i've played with this individual so often recently and understand it was a case scenario).

Also I get there's a system for appealing bans and that's all well and fine. But when the people with the most influential votes are the ones you feel wronged you out of personal reasons rather than un-objective moderating; well let's just say you don't complain to the police about the police for a reason. Because now it's you against MORE police. Who are going to back each other just because they are together; not because it's right or wrong.

The server is becoming a dictatorial place to the point where i'm actually a little afraid for my own account which i've spent 3 weeks of time on and a menial amount of hard cash; just typing my opinion on the matter. On the forums; where i'm supposed to do this type of thing. Which isn't good for the server, the mods, or the players. It's going to cause backlash, general tension, force sides to be chosen, and eventually there's a small rebellion. Then what? Perma ban them all too? Start from scratch with a bunch of guests and wonder why there's more player related problems then ever? Then crack down ever harder and lose more players?

To long didn't read? Every one just needs to take a chill pill on both sides of the fence and start discussing things like the adults we are. The staff, and the players. PH, DR, and TTT.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
Respected members of the community that never cause problems? really? A day would not have gone by I didn't hear a story about them causing problems.

Also it was admin decision to remove them, and 99% of the staff agreed.
"Thank you for your service. You will now be released to elsewhere." ~The Giver
Lemme address a few of your points, @"Sus-AF":
  • The Admins & I were testing the Melon Mine by constantly RDMing each other. Before that, we were testing player models by RDMing each other.
  • The bans were not arbitrary. I was cleared by the Admins to ban every last one of them. "We are tired of your shit" is pretty much the only way to describe the Admin's opinion of the BANTZ crew and Russ.
  • Referring to the BANTZ crew as "respected, veteran, members of the community who rarely cause an uproar" is in stark contrast to the overwhelming staff opinion.
In retort; or rather response @Mr_Rippe

Does the whole of Dinkleberg's not have test servers for these instances?
If not what monetary, coding, or staffing, measures would need to be addressed to acquire one? And is it so far unreasonable that even sourcing from each server and all players it'd never be an attainable goal to garner each server it's own "testing grounds".

Again speaking from an outside perspective I would have no way of knowing this is addressed from admins. Though those were less the bans I was speaking of being arbitrary; I was more speaking on those in context of reasoning. So thank you for explaining that. As far as your (and any staff's) issues with Russ I feel likes there's too much context of too much information which is (for reasons of rank) something I have no access too; so I won't really step into that conversation because batting blind is how you accidentally give the umpire a concussion, for lack of better words.

The "respected, veteran, members of the community who rarely cause an uproar" may or may not of been part of said BANTZ crew. How ever it is very much addressing a string of bans over merely the process of a couple of hours that were again; over things which would qualify as a gag if anything. Not throwing any one under the bus because we have plenty enough problems on this server; how ever if they would like to step forward of their own accord and speak on the concern I would love to hear their reasoning.

I thank you for the dialogue; this exactly, is what we need more of on the server.

I know an in depth analysis of every happening would ENTIRELY be a tiring and time consuming measure.

How ever quick discussions like this are fully necessary for players who are not "in the know". There's more than a few of us with growing concerns and it's nice to have them acknowledged as apposed to feeling like we're just along for the ride. This is a well put together server in which I and many others are passionate about playing on. So as tensions grow, so do our fears that our haven we retreat to will be less sanctity and more a war zone.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
Tho I don't want to start an argument here but this is a member leaving can 't we have some sort of respect in his goodbye thread. Also goodbye russe you were one of the few good staff members here.( This thread better not get locked)
[Image: original.gif]