Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Custom Name Roles?
I think it would be cool to add roles/classes that you could have a custom color and name with that could come with the donor (Or have to pay more than donor).

Idk, tell me your thoughts on it!
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
this would be pain to add, thank you for your time

oh and hella abused
I don't think it'd a pain at all, you could create a role that just inherits donor privileges in ULX. And for $20-25, it'd be worth the effort.

Almost every server I've played in, we'd have custom roles for $5-10 more than the base donor/supporter rank. This is all assuming it's donor rank with a custom name.

For abuse, we already have donor abuse threads. They could just strip the rank away if you abuse it or set it to inherit supporter instead.
It might be a little hard to implement !queue with a custom rank though.

I believe you can still let people that aren't owner/super admin from create custom ranks from ULX, but you can only give them inheritance to what the owner/super admin limits them to.

I will say though, there's probably already a good reason for the exclusion of customs due to the server's age and lack of custom ranks.
(01-06-2021, 12:44 AM)Milly~Dilly` Wrote: this would be pain to add, thank you for your time

oh and hella abused

takes like 2 seconds in the ulx menu and how do abuse a name plate ?
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(01-06-2021, 01:50 AM)(j)ax Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 12:44 AM)Milly~Dilly` Wrote: this would be pain to add, thank you for your time

oh and hella abused

not too hard
(01-06-2021, 02:06 AM)Milly~Dilly` Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 01:50 AM)(j)ax Wrote:

oh and hella abused

not too hard
Well, I'd think the custom rank would have to get approved and then they couldn't change the name on a whim unless the person is above moderator ideally.
The ATags addon allows a custom chat tag to be set on a per player basis, no new usergroup required. I think it would be pretty obnoxious though.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I could finally become the owner.
As far as I've seen, this always ends in issues. For one since you are paying solely for one class, obviously there has to be good features right? That would mean placing a player above another one simply because they can afford it. It also creates some type of weird atmosphere where players may only favor a certain player because of their class (this happens in Dark RP a lot). Not only that but players will eventually want more and more, causing staff to add features that would degrade or take away from real staff roles, or features that don't work with the rules but are added anyway due to monetary gain. Generally the more you add to GMOD the worst it gets over time, especially with a game mode as simple as TTT.
(01-22-2021, 01:41 PM)White Owl Wrote: As far as I've seen, this always ends in issues. For one since you are paying solely for one class, obviously there has to be good features right? That would mean placing a player above another one simply because they can afford it. It also creates some type of weird atmosphere where players may only favor a certain player because of their class (this happens in Dark RP a lot). Not only that but players will eventually want more and more, causing staff to add features that would degrade or take away from real staff roles, or features that don't work with the rules but are added anyway due to monetary gain. Generally the more you add to GMOD the worst it gets over time, especially with a game mode as simple as TTT.
NO NECROING!!!!!
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]