Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micspam Rule Update
So i Have noticed that micspam has become a rule that has blured definition in MOTD, When we should Be gagging For Soundboards, screaming, ear rape, music, slurs, harassment, flamming, trolling, and voice changers People and staff always fight over the micspam rule and i suggest that its just described more clearly  in the motd for Players and staff so no more confusion and people being biased can happen because letting one soundboard person or voice changer person  countine only makes more micspam and people saying "but you didnt gag them so i can do it"
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
Some additional context, this stems in part from the many soundboards and in part from the "Killbot" debate.
Killbot returned to the server after a 3-month haitus. He uses a voicechanger. However, outside of his voicechanger, he is perfectly behaved.
He does not rdm, use other soundboards, talk excessively, talk loudly/shout, use slurs, harass others, or anything of that nature.
The only thing he does is use a voice changer, which fits more into the "gimmick" category than into the micspam category, if anything. Killbot calls all of his KOS's, does all normal voice actions normal players do, albiet in a robotic voice. Its not micspam, its a voice changer.
However, we currently define use of any voice changer, for any reason, as micspam that must be gagged.

Same applies to soundboards of any kind. I think soundboards should be allowed

My opinion? I think the rules need to be relaxed. Who cares if someone uses a voicechanger for a fun gimmick. The rules should be structued such that micspam is allowable under these FOUR (4, sorry Milly) categories:
1. Gameplay is not interfered with/obstructed by voice changer/soundboard
2. Dead chat/post/pre round chat is not made miserable by other players
3. Sound is not at an excessive level in general
4. Slurs/harassment are not involved (these obviously fall under other rules now).
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(01-06-2021, 02:18 AM)Jammin Wrote: My opinion? I think the rules need to be relaxed. Who cares if someone uses a voicechanger for a fun gimmick. The rules should be structued such that micspam is allowable under these 2 categories:
4. Slurs/harassment are not involved (these obviously fall under other rules now).

i agree with this and the rule changes but um jammin, thats 4 not 2.
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
(01-06-2021, 02:19 AM)Milly~Dilly` Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 02:18 AM)Jammin Wrote: My opinion? I think the rules need to be relaxed. Who cares if someone uses a voicechanger for a fun gimmick. The rules should be structued such that micspam is allowable under these 2 categories:

its 2:22 AM
sorry, jammin tired
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
He has only excessively micspammed once since I've played with him. Let him stay on the server. #RobotRights
(01-06-2021, 02:22 AM)Jammin Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 02:19 AM)Milly~Dilly` Wrote:

its 2:22 AM
sorry, jammin tired
my man its 7:30 am here i feel you, not ment to egg on you XD
Guys keep in mind its not just about killer or whatever is name is its about being biased and how the rules make it more acceptable to have more micspamers because staff can be biased even i admit i was biased before but we need to change that
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
Soundboards and voice changers can easily get out of hand if they’re allowed. Especially with the trolls and the young people who easily conform on the server. If one person is allowed to do so, everyone else will be allowed to do so and things will get out of control.
srry for goin offtopic there but in all honesty I definitely agree that we should update the micspam rules to be more specific. Pretty much every staff member allows soundboards as long as their used in moderation. It's pretty much just up to whatever staff members are on at the time though.
would rylo be a good example for this