Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Owl trusted application
Ingame Name: White Owl

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:79598501

Discord Tag: WhiteOwl#1229

Time Played: 6 days, 22 hours, and 11 minutes

When First Joined: I believe approximately few months ago. I know that doesn't match the hours I have, that is due to my game crashing constantly for a few weeks. Hence why I stopped playing when I did.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Well now that my game finally stops crashing and college just started, I believe I can play pretty often. Monday and Tuesdays I won't be able to play longer than an hour but after those days I can play all day. I am going to start an internship but that is not going to be all day. I mostly get on in the morning, mid day, and night.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular

What can you do to help the community: I can help the community in many ways but I can only offer what people would like to receive. I have computer and networking experience so I could help forum and server members with any related issues. This could possibly prevent someone being infected which could potentially spread to other server or forum members. I speak Chinese, English, Spanish, and Romanian so if anyone has any issues conversing with others on the server I can help ease the process. Even if anyone needs help on the server and it's something miniscule, speaking in their native language would provide comfort and a better way for them to further connect with our community. I am also in the process of becoming a criminal defense attorney so any legal help that a server or forum member needs I can provide. Besides in these days and times lawyers are expensive and so is some types of legal advice, I can provide this service completely free, hence removing headaches regarding whatever process they are going through. Lastly I can provide logic and and a fair process regarding if any type of ill-intent is going on within the server. I look at all sides of the story before I take action, that is a rare trait to find.

Why you want to help the community: For me personally I've always found it in my best interest to help as many people as I can. Due to COVID-19 I can no longer go out and volunteer as much as I used to, hence why I'd like to dedicate my time to this server. Plus with everything going on, I'd like to provide the best and most fun experience a player can have on our TTT server.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts):  N/A

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): N/A

How did you find us?: I randomly joined the server a few months ago by just randomly picking a new TTT server to try.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes this was filled out.

Other: I think I would be an amazing fit due to my past staff experience on multiple source games, being able to produce logical answers or actions due to my ability to fully analyze any situation under massive stress, my language skills allowing me to communicate with a large spectrum of people, my ability to be courteous while being fair but also professional, my technology skills which allow me to solve many issues on my own and help others, and lastly my ability to learn fast and effectively while equally being a great team-player and leader.
Okay. I think White Owl is a great guy. Its clear that you have a lot of experience in the field of technology and can possibly be a big benefit towards the TTT community. I also understand the certain scenarios that have affected your activeness within the TTT community and game. Which is why I think you should wait a couple more months, and use those months to get active within the forums and discord server. If you continue to play the game and not be an asshole (most of the time) to people Im sure that you will get the trusted rank. Now I know im not in the right position to criticize someone's forum time when I barely have any threads or posts myself, so take it how you would like. Also I don't think the TTT server needs an attorney. So just to summarize. Get active within the forums, Get Active within the discord server, continue playing TTT. and then you will probably get it. -1
[Image: shshy.gif?width=953&height=149]
(01-21-2021, 11:17 PM)Shshy Wrote: Now I know im not in the right position to criticize someone's forum time when I barely have any threads or posts myself, so take it how you would like. Also I don't think the TTT server needs an attorney. So just to summarize. Get active within the forums, Get Active within the discord server, continue playing TTT. and then you will probably get it. -1

To be fair he has at least some activity in all places so he can make ban request and get onto the server for a oncall ping those two sections i don't find to be an issue, now to owl.

Owl i find you to be a fun player but i haven't really seen you have yourself any charm to being staff as i haven't played with you a lot but from what i have seen, you haven't shown any kind of really wanting a staff position. you just seem like a chill mudda fucker, so i don't have a real opinion as i know any one could make a great staff member hell even the best can come out of the worst but im going to give you a +/-0 because A. down with inkyblinky and B. i really haven't seen to much of how you work around so i wont give any real voting more of an overall outlook.
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
I'm lazy tonight so I'll just +0. To be honest the app got me by surprise and the abilities are not as required: I've tried to keep Spanish with people but tbh English is and always will be the preference and the default for everyone. Maybe ease their process BUT again the amount of foreign language tends to keep most people away. Like some argentinians this week that played briefly and they've not joined up to now.
Regarding your carreer it might be overkill to have an attorney.
Moderation-wise, any ban reqs? what about the ability to record evidence? do you feel acquainted with the rules? Can you support people being obnoxious and egging on you?
White Owl, just judging by your application I think you would potentially be a great fit for staff. However, your profile on the forums is missing any sort of recent ban requests from what I can see. A big part of the trusted role is being proficient at gathering evidence against hackers and rdmers and posting it to the forums. And I haven't really seen you make any big impression to the staff while on the server. To be fair I am bad at remembering everything that goes on for the server while i'm on but a great way to make an impression to the server staff would be helping with information to staff by sending an "@" message when you see a hacker or someone RDMing. This along with a bigger forum or discord presence will help your application a lot. For now im going to give a +0.
(01-22-2021, 09:28 AM)two rats kissing Wrote: White Owl, just judging by your application I think you would potentially be a great fit for staff. However, your profile on the forums is missing any sort of recent ban requests from what I can see. A big part of the trusted role is being proficient at gathering evidence against hackers and rdmers and posting it to the forums. And I haven't really seen you make any big impression to the staff while on the server. To be fair I am bad at remembering everything that goes on for the server while i'm on but a great way to make an impression to the server staff would be helping with information to staff by sending an "@" message when you see a hacker or someone RDMing. This along with a bigger forum or discord presence will help your application a lot. For now im going to give a +0.

Hey there so to answer your question and everyone else's regarding forum activity, I haven't been posting that much because I only recently started back playing on the server (the game would crash every time and freeze me whole system, at times not even letting me turn back on my PC). I didn't want to post on the forums if I wasn't playing real time because it isn't fair to other people. Yeah it's a forum and we can post our opinions but that doesn't mean they are always right, especially if you haven't played for a long time to see and hear what's really going on in-game. I have periodically looked on the forum though since I missed being able to play. To answer why I haven't posted any "ban requests" is simply because if I see anything wrong I don't post about it, I go on discord and get a admin or message someone on Steam and it is handled once they join the server. I haven't had any cases to where the player was never dealt with because if I see something wrong I will say something. Also I have tried to help staff members in game and on discord but I haven't gotten much responses back on Discord (staff are very busy at times). Since now I can play, I will be more active, and again even if I don't get trusted I will be.  :D

(01-22-2021, 09:28 AM)two rats kissing Wrote: White Owl, just judging by your application I think you would potentially be a great fit for staff. However, your profile on the forums is missing any sort of recent ban requests from what I can see. A big part of the trusted role is being proficient at gathering evidence against hackers and rdmers and posting it to the forums. And I haven't really seen you make any big impression to the staff while on the server. To be fair I am bad at remembering everything that goes on for the server while i'm on but a great way to make an impression to the server staff would be helping with information to staff by sending an "@" message when you see a hacker or someone RDMing. This along with a bigger forum or discord presence will help your application a lot. For now im going to give a +0.

Thanks for your feedback, it gave me another outlook. I did answer some of your questions within another reply I posted, but I'd like to add that something. As a regular player with no power, it is harder to give a "big impression" on staff than what people think. Just like a job with some sort of power, you have to show prior experience. Well without gaining that experience some where or in some way than it will be extremely hard. Hence for me wanting to get trusted, I want to make a difference some how or some way in the server. Me becoming trusted is like getting experience for a bigger job, we all have to start some where.
[Image: player_time.php?nameb64=V2hpdGUgT3ds&hos...9931069081]

providing the gt
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
(01-22-2021, 01:03 PM)Milly~Dilly` Wrote: [Image: player_time.php?nameb64=V2hpdGUgT3ds&hos...9931069081]

providing the gt

The graph is not accurate and does not equal my play time in terms of today's date.
Bumping
[Image: b_560x95.png]
You seem chill on the server. I would use jesse as an example of how you could help staff out more. Make ban requests and use @ chat to let us know about issues. Plus 0 for now but I could see that changing to a plus 1 in the future. Good luck.