White Owl Unban request
Ingame Name: White Owl

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:79598501

Who Banned You: Battons

Reason For Ban: Mass RDM and leave

Length of Ban: Forever

Reason for Admins to Unban: I would like to be unbanned due to the fact that I think it is unfair. The length of the ban is unfair for a small accident which i obviously did not mean to do. I also truly do like the server and is a way for me to stay out of trouble in real life. Plus the people themselves who are actually in the server are amazing and hilarious. I can't even find that type of humor in real life.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: I know many people are curious about my ban, have speculation, or even put judgement down on me. Allow me to explain regarding the situation. Seconds before the "preparing" was over I realized I had a good opportunity to get a lot of kills if I do it within the second that timer ends. I believe at the time I was strafing on the part you hold to walk on a walk board. As soon as that timer changed I thought in my mind that I saw slight or a little bit of red. I did not look at anything else but straight ahead my first motive was to kill as many people as possible. Hence why you will see that there also isn't a long time between when we spawned and when I started killing people. I want to also mention that the reason my reports were empty/or looked weird is due to the fact of me realizing what just happened. I was not trying to type back a detailed or even short response to who reported me, I was trying to close them out as fast as possible because I knew I was about to be banned if I did not get my story out to someone. All of a sudden I was karma-banned and could not discuss it with anyone. I understand what it looks like via word of mouth and by looking at the logs I legit thought I was a T. I don't plan on mass RDM'ing any time soon or ever, it was a simple mistake. It really isn't fair to just "flush" me down the drain over an accident. If I did it on purpose I wouldn't be doing so many things to make sure I get unbanned or at minimum the true story heard. I also have a staff app, why would I mass? Makes no sense :( To make sure this does not happen again I will not allow my excitement of being a T occur before I know for a fact, 100% I am a T. I will also periodically look down at the bottom left to again, make sure I am a T. I also apologize to the people that I killed as I'm sure you had in-game plans of doing something, or had your favorite weapon equipped, etc. I also apologize to the staff that had to stop playing just to ban me.
Add 4 slays, unban.

Battons was fully justified in banning at the time, per staff guidelines. White Owl seems genuinely sorry and there's no reason to make him suffer for something he acknowledges as a mistake.
Hi White Owl,
I'll save most of my comments for the unban committee, but the reason the ban is permanent is simply because that is the current length of mass RDM punishments.
Other than that, you apologized and committed to be more careful, and from my time playing with you, I have reason to believe you.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
relevant evidence regarding your ban: https://imgur.com/a/oWryUnd

I'll personally +1 for an unban as I feel you wouldn't be giving such an honest apology if you actually meant harm on the players.
You were quick to apologize and try to clear up the incident so I respect that since it takes some humility. The only part that was suspicious was how you didnt give actual responses to the reports and your kills were really spread out. But I can look past that for a decent apology as long as the players and staff involved can agree.
(01-29-2021, 12:32 PM)White Owl: Wrote: Other: I know many people are curious about my ban, have speculation, or even put judgement down on me. Allow me to explain regarding the situation. Seconds before the "preparing" was over I realized I had a good opportunity to get a lot of kills if I do it within the second that timer ends. I believe at the time I was strafing on the part you hold to walk on a walk board. As soon as that timer changed I thought in my mind that I saw slight or a little bit of red. I did not look at anything else but straight ahead my first motive was to kill as many people as possible. Hence why you will see that there also isn't a long time between when we spawned and when I started killing people. I want to also mention that the reason my reports were empty/or looked weird is due to the fact of me realizing what just happened. I was not trying to type back a detailed or even short response to who reported me, I was trying to close them out as fast as possible because I knew I was about to be banned if I did not get my story out to someone.

I just would like to state that you actually didn't fire a single shot or damage anyone until a minute into the round. Hence what stems a lot of the confusion. 

And the entire round for you lasted a little over a minute. So all of the actual fights took place from 1:00 to 2:07 I believe
(01-29-2021, 12:47 PM)Ethan Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 12:32 PM)White Owl: Wrote: Other: I know many people are curious about my ban, have speculation, or even put judgement down on me. Allow me to explain regarding the situation. Seconds before the "preparing" was over I realized I had a good opportunity to get a lot of kills if I do it within the second that timer ends. I believe at the time I was strafing on the part you hold to walk on a walk board. As soon as that timer changed I thought in my mind that I saw slight or a little bit of red. I did not look at anything else but straight ahead my first motive was to kill as many people as possible. Hence why you will see that there also isn't a long time between when we spawned and when I started killing people. I want to also mention that the reason my reports were empty/or looked weird is due to the fact of me realizing what just happened. I was not trying to type back a detailed or even short response to who reported me, I was trying to close them out as fast as possible because I knew I was about to be banned if I did not get my story out to someone.

I just would like to state that you actually didn't fire a single shot or damage anyone until a minute into the round. Hence what stems a lot of the confusion. 

And the entire round for you lasted a little over a minute. So all of the actual fights took place from 1:00 to 2:07 I believe

It depended on that exact situation and exact second. Because if everyone was aligned up just right I would have started then, but if I saw I was more likely to live by waiting a few seconds before I kill, I would have done that as well. So I truly cannot tell you why I waited a minute if that is the case. If that is the case it is most likely because I was going through different situations in my mind in which what I could do as a T this round, how I can hide the bodies, when I should use my cloaker, etc. So I may have just been walking into even looking at my screen, just looking around and thinking but making check lists in my mind of what I need to do as a T.
Dunno if my opinion matters that much since I am just a Regular, but I can vouch for his sincerity as a member of the community. Clearly, he has held the server in high regard until now and has shown his full intention to become a supporter by applying for Trusted a few days prior. Though he does not have the necessary qualifications for the rank as of yet, his application was genuine and showed he cares at least a little about the community. Through the many experiences I have had with him, he has followed the rules and been a very good player, having little to no gags or mutes(while I was playing with him at least), and following TTT rules to a T. Based on my experience with him as a player and his coherent and cohesive story he has told both here and on his prior staff application, I think it is clear this was a genuine lapse in judgment that came from his assumption of being T. Clearly he should be punished for ruining the round for so many people, but I don't think a Permaban is correct. Slays + a longer wait period on staff application should be more than enough for him to get back into the groove and regain his position on the server because banning him would be losing another genuine player on the server.
+1 unban with slays to follow the reports accumulated. It’s pretty obvious that this was not full of malicious intent. The man has a staff application and not a single warn on the server. Accidents happen and he wants to serve his consequence. Unban and slays seems appropriate for the accident.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
+1 for unban
first time on forums so forgive me if im doing this wrong, but I am sure White Owl made a simple mistake which he regrets and I %100 believe him, please unban home skillet.
1+ on a unban and slays. Seems like you didn’t mean to mass rdm and didn’t have any malicious intentions after all.