Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bryanbrr's A New Admin Application
promise me you will promote the nerf of mp9 and adding more content to Dinkleberg's TTT l Fast Downloads! Staff Needed
yes god please help nicol he's going to fucking lose it and kill us all
Unless I missed something, you don't apply for Admin unless Dink asks for everyone to apply like he did in 2018.

Anyways, you've been Mod for two months. To even be considered for the Admin position, you're going to need some more time/experience under your belt. Yes, TTT is in dire need of Admins right now, but none of the current Mods are a good fit for the position, and it's not healthy to shove someone in there who isn't ready just because they need an Admin. That's how fast burnout happens.

However, in spite of your short time as a Mod, you are definitely on my very very short list of plausible candidates for Admin, given that you're active and whatnot for a few more months. You've proven yourself to be one of the best, and one of the few staff members that has very good control over their emotions, which is hard to come by nowadays. (pot calling the kettle black, i know) The Admin position isn't just about getting on the server and handling reports/banning people. You essentially become the face of not only the TTT staff team, but the entire community. It's a lot of pressure, and nobody really likes the work you do no matter how good it actually is for the server.

Love you bryan, but I think you need some more time before you're ready. <3
Bryan is a good mod - relaxed, reasonable, and rational. All important characteristics for an admin.

Bryan does, admittedly, not have too much time as a moderator though. That isn't the worst thing in the world, however. I became the PH admin with maybe 25 hours of server activity and two staff members - the server still exists today. TTT, at present, has a large staff community, an experienced admin, and remains a popular game mode. So Bryan having just 2 months as a moderator shouldn't be a disqualification.

Having a single admin on TTT of all servers is not ideal. We have problem players that occasionally need to be gotten rid of, staff applications, unban applications, and other things that require speedy admin action. It's not fair to Nicol to have to deal with this on his own and then get criticized when he can't do so immediately. A second, or third admin, could help with this greatly.

There is no reason to not post admin applications. They are a great way to get community feedback for our moderators and can then be sent along to Dink to decide on who should be added to the admin team. Dink generally isn't active enough to know the moderators well enough to be making these decisions. While he normally asks the current admins their opinion, it is better to get feedback from both the current admin and the rest of the community rather than just the one voice.

I think any and all of the current moderators potentially interested in the position of TTT admin should also write up an application. I personally think a three person TTT admin team is ideal so the admins don't have to go to Dink for tiebreaking votes. @Ethan @"Mr. Cake" @thunderwalrusinnthebar @Chris Farley
Honestly I’m just worried that you might burn out if you are rushed into the admin position. I do admit you are a good mod and are more then likely one of the candidates for admin but I honestly thought having more experience with mod would help you more in the long run before becoming admin. However if you feel like you are ready and will be able to handle it then sure you will have my support for it. I think you are a fantastic staff member who doesn’t seem to show bias often and knows how to handle situations. Anyway just be sure if you are ready for the admin position Bryan. Good luck man!
wtf this dude is trying to undercut my admin chances
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
Since Admin isn't a position that is applied for, I'll give my best input for both Bryan, Dink, and Nicol.
I think the best qualities that Bryan holds for being an admin is that he is both active in the community and in-game.
He is probably one of the most in-touch moderators with the community as a whole, which includes that player base that is actually active on the server on a day-to-day basis. Bryan is also a really level-headed player, he knows how to handle any situation that is thrown at him. One of the biggest criticism's he'll get is probably how he hasn't been moderator for an extremely long time but I think he would be great at the position still. I think the server and community is at a good spot to allow someone new to that position to learn quickly but not cause an overload. big +1
(01-31-2021, 08:28 PM)derp sucks Wrote: Anyways, you've been Mod for two months. To even be considered for the Admin position, you're going to need some more time/experience under your belt. Yes, TTT is in dire need of Admins right now, but none of the current Mods are a good fit for the position, and it's not healthy to shove someone in there who isn't ready just because they need an Admin. That's how fast burnout happens.
This is a very valid concern on your part. Burnout is very much real and I have seen it countless times since being here. Throughout my time I have only taken one small break which wasnt enduced by burnout. (I got a PS5 and was grinding on 2k) I have set limits for myself when I play to minimize the amount of burnout i feel. As anyone can see on my gametracker, my average time consists between 1-2 hours a day. My weekends are also time where I recover by spending time with my significant other. 

However, in spite of your short time as a Mod, you are definitely on my very very short list of plausible candidates for Admin, given that you're active and whatnot for a few more months. You've proven yourself to be one of the best, and one of the few staff members that has very good control over their emotions, which is hard to come by nowadays. (pot calling the kettle black, i know) The Admin position isn't just about getting on the server and handling reports/banning people. You essentially become the face of not only the TTT staff team, but the entire community. It's a lot of pressure, and nobody really likes the work you do no matter how good it actually is for the server.
Thank you for the compliment, it means a lot honestly coming from you. I wouldn't have applied if i didnt realize what responsibilies that I would take on with this promotion. I believe that the experience I have faced with the community and other staff members has helped me reach this decision. You're also right, this is a position where you cannot make everyone happy. Decisions will need to be made that unfortunatly upset some more then others. I feel as though im capable of coming to the best decision and including the staff team in every step of the process. 

Love you bryan, but I think you need some more time before you're ready. <3
Love you too homie. Thank you for your advice. <3
(edit: sorry for any spelling errors, grammerly isnt working.)
My responses will be marked in red.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
admin applications are unconstitutional therefore the application is dismissed. nicol remains the only impeached admin

admin apps shouldn’t even be a thing tho. Change my mind
(02-02-2021, 12:08 AM)Gabe Wrote: admin applications are unconstitutional therefore the application is dismissed. nicol remains the only impeached admin

admin apps shouldn’t even be a thing tho. Change my mind

I think it's better to have the entire community weigh in on admin decisions. I'm not sure if it works the same way for TTT, but when I was PH Admin it was just me telling Dink who I thought would make for a good admin. Decisions shouldn't be made entirely off the opinions of just two people. Obviously, those two people should have their opinions weighted more, but the rest of the community should be able to add their thoughts too. 

And the applications put you on Dink's radar. You can put out the application, get the feedback, and send that feedback to Dink and discuss it with him. Showing him you have community support gives him something to work with. Dink doesn't have much of a relationship with most players and staff so these applications can be helpful as long as everyone tries their best to be honest and be unafraid to offer legitimate criticism.