Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bryanbrr's A New Admin Application
I 100% +1 you man, you're a great moderator and would make a lot of good changes with the powers of admin. Best of luck to you man!
+1 bryan would be so epic as admin
Cult member since 8-8-18
Prefacing by saying this, my respect for you is off the charts bryan, but...

1) I truly don't believe admin should be a rank you apply for, even with this apparent "need."

2) If you all in desperation mode for another admin I can either suggest one to dink or come back (worst scenario) seeing as my spot is the one that needs filled.

3) I also do not believe that there are any candidates who are active AT THIS CURRENT TIME, that's just my opinion and I apologize. Will explain more with next point.

4) I think with more time you would be a good fit, but the only thing that concerns me is that you've been active your entire staff journey and we all know of the infamous admin curse. I'll tell you from experience that you will put everything on the line and be burned out faster than you can say igloo.

5) Trying to bum rush people into a huge position like this will not yield good results. Don't risk it and absolutely bomb, get prepared more through the moderator position.

Against the majority here lol, but this is my serious advice. All in all, with more time you and the other people who were in the running with me last summer are the only ones I could see getting this promotion.
(02-03-2021, 10:01 AM)dong Wrote: Prefacing by saying this, my respect for you is off the charts bryan, but...

1) I truly don't believe admin should be a rank you apply for, even with this apparent "need."
No Comment. 
2) If you all in desperation mode for another admin I can either suggest one to dink or come back (worst scenario) seeing as my spot is the one that needs filled.
You shouldnt have to stress yourself to come back and help bro. I love you and you got burnt out quickly after becoming Admin. I dont want to see you get burnt out again. With all love. 
3) I also do not believe that there are any candidates who are active AT THIS CURRENT TIME, that's just my opinion and I apologize. Will explain more with next point.
No comment. 
4) I think with more time you would be a good fit, but the only thing that concerns me is that you've been active your entire staff journey and we all know of the infamous admin curse. I'll tell you from experience that you will put everything on the line and be burned out faster than you can say igloo.
This is of course a fair concern. You've been around for quite a while and have seen burnout happen within the community. I'm not saying im immune to it but, as I mentioned in previous comments I think im going to be okay. This same "curse" was told to me when becoming Mod and yet I've been just as active as I was before.
5) Trying to bum rush people into a huge position like this will not yield good results. Don't risk it and absolutely bomb, get prepared more through the moderator position.
Great point. Rushing people into higher positions can sometimes be detrimental but my question now is, what else do I have to learn from Moderator before moving to admin? I feel as if I've experienced a lot during only these 2 months and sure countless other situations "CAN" happen but that's what a staffing team is for. We all work together to make the best outcome. I've always felt that leadership is built on a team foundation, not on an individual and that's something I want to incorporate more. 

Against the majority here lol, but this is my serious advice. All in all, with more time you and the other people who were in the running with me last summer are the only ones I could see getting this promotion.
I love you <3. Thank you for always supporting me and giving me advice. Before staff and after. 
Responses will be in Blue
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
+1 for all the reasons above don't make me retype them thanks
[Image: xdjlve.png]
The times I've played with bryan he's always been very enjoyable. He's always been very considerate and treats all the members of TTT with professionalism whether they are a guest or a trusted. I think that the consistent activity is actual a positive as it shows he cares for the server. I don't think he would be burned out as much as he would be motivated to help the community and those involved with it. +1
+1 I hate almost all the staff on, and for Bryan to not be one of them means he has to be good. But for real, he has been a great addition to the staff and has proven that every time I see him on, making sure to enforce the rules without being too strict or unforgiving like other staff. He has what an admin needs, both strong integrity and a great personality that I think everyone would be happy to see on the admin team. :)
+1 good mod and actually does his job without abusing, would make a goo admin which the server kinda needs rn so yeah give this burger boy a big burger and admin!
(02-03-2021, 10:01 AM)dong Wrote: Prefacing by saying this, my respect for you is off the charts bryan, but...

The thing that has distinguished our good admins from our bad admins hasn't been their past experience. That being said, two of the admins I was most familiar and impressed with, Matt and Gabe, were active moderators for around 4-5 months prior to their promotions to admin. 

The thing that I believe matters most is the personality of a moderator. 

Just like in real life, some of the traits that would make for a good admin are:
1. Discipline - act professionally. some people are annoying - keep your cool. 
2. Confidence - you need to be able to make decisions that people will listen to
3. Humility - you're not afraid to admit mistakes when they inevitably happen. not afraid to ask for help either.
4. Responsibility/Reliability - need to be able to fulfill your role or step aside
5. Fairness - you must be able to listen to reason 
6. Courage/Perseverance - don't pussyfoot around. make hard decisions and be able to defend them if you believe they are right.

I would recommend evaluating each prospective TTT admin with these criteria in mind. No candidate will be perfect. At the very least, however, each candidate should have some degree of these characteristics already present. 

I will provide a brief history overview for those unfamiliar with some of our past TTT admins - here is a link to a thread that documents past staff. I will go through some of the past (no longer active) admins to consider not only what kind of admin they were, but also a couple of characteristics about them. You will clearly notice that decent people make for, at the very least, decent admins and vice versa. 

Queef

-a decent and fun guy, though at times a little too sassy and cliquey
-a good admin who continued to help the server even after becoming inactive

Scoovie
-blunt and unafraid to shy away from an argument, though he probably should have 
-a fairly decent admin despite his faults

Avi
-a great person who was happy to help where she could
-a good admin

Gabe
-a smart, good person
-a good admin who was responsible many positive changes for the server

Matt
-good person, smart and mindful
-a good admin that also made positive changes to the server

EpicGuy
-another smart fellow and genuinely good dude
-though he wasn't admin for very long, I think his tenure can be overall be considered a positive one

The_Kor
-at the time I knew and played with him, a massive prick with very little critical reasoning skill
-not a good staff member, they must have been desperate to have chosen him for admin

Foxka
-today, he just seems bitter. as a staff member, he always seemed to be spiteful of others and was an unpleasant person to be around
-he was admin for a week and was about to be stripped of his rank for abuse before resigning

Cocaine Lobster
-trolled at the expense of others in a mean-spirited manner. sometimes fun. 
-awful admin. he literally ghosted with his friends while on the server and after being demoted, created his own server. 

Rippe (de facto admin)
-pedo.  
-awful staff member. argumentative, motivated by a desire to control (grooming) others and power

Now I can't tell if Bryan would be as good of an admin as people like Matt or Gabe, but I am fairly confident that he wouldn't be as bad as people like Foxka or Cocaine either.  

If Bryan, or anyone else, is promoted to admin I think a key piece of advice is to try to take things slowly. Ask Nicol or the moderator team for help/guidance as you need. There's nothing wrong with leaning on others early on. You don't need to insulate yourself because of a title. 

I'm not sure who was in the running for admin last summer, but there's only one active moderator (Ethan) that was around then. I'm sure he'll be on the radar of Dink when/if he makes a decision on adding additional admins.

Best,
Prince
+1 u can go ahead and make the promotion u got my approval nicky
Cult member since 8-8-18