Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
banned for vague reasons
Hi Nate,
I am posting this for two reasons: to respond to your request for an unban, providing organized evidence and commentary on what led up to your ban; and to defend the allegations made against me. I would encourage you to write an abuse thread if you believe that any actions I took were truly abusive, rather than discuss them in an unrelated unban request.
Based on the evidence provided below, I will not support any type of undoing of the ban put into place by Synthray. However, due to directly banning (as opposed to muting and filing a ban request), I would not oppose any reduction that the Admin team felt appropriate, should they feel one is appropriate.

Evidence?
The evidence for the ban: https://imgur.com/a/heIV5ly
Rule 2.d states: “Using offensive language (racism, sexism, etc) towards other people is NOT allowed in any form. Specific derogatory terms at discretion of staff are NOT allowed.”
While the use of the ‘t-word’ is not directly a slur as generally enforced by the staff team, some players were taking issue to it. I was also informed that staff members were enforcing the issue on one of the game servers.
As such, I took action to remove any posts that used the word from discord. I DID NOT ISSUE ANY PUNISHMENTS at the time – I only removed the posts. I decided I would seek clarification on the rule later and inform any persons that such conduct would not be welcome in the future.
However, you continued to flame Thunderwalrus and myself – Thunder for actions taken on the TTT server, and myself for actions taken on discord. I note that these posts violate this rule:
Rule 1.b states: “This also applies to flaming. Be civilized. Do not personally attack/gang up on another user.”
The tipping point here is the last image, where another, non-staff user was targeted. That user’s name will be censored for purposes of this discussion.
Those two rules being violated ultimately led to your ban. It was not just tied to the use of the ‘t-word’, and no punishment happened solely due to the use of that word – it occurred due to the harassment of players, and the enticing of drama that has been ongoing for the past two weeks.
Why a ban?
Per the Discord Moderator guidelines (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11412), the main issue GM Nate has been having on discord falls under the following category:
Trolling/Flaming/Disrespect/Harassment/Enticing Drama
Trolling is the continuous disregard of the rules by breaking multiple while ignoring warnings to stop. User disrespect and harassment come in many different forms but usually target an individual/specific group of people.  Flaming is a form of disrespecting users in that the person maliciously sends insulting messages directed towards another user/group.  Enticing drama is an attempt to spark arguments between users in a common public space usually started privately in dms or another discord.
Punishments:
Punishment 1: Verbal Warning in DMs discussing misconduct
Punishment 2: Strike and DM discussing misconduct
Punishment 3: Mute (based on severity of offense) and DM discussing misconduct
Punishment 4: Temporary ban to permanent ban

Punishment History: (as far as I can see)
Punishment 1: Strike
Date: 2021/01/29
Staff: Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca
Reason: “it doesn't matter if you don't like someone, there's no need for attacking other players. We all know who you're referring to”
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/FtsbXrG

Punishment 2: Mute (2 days)
Date: 2021/01/31
Staff: Synthray
Reason: “inappropriate behavior and enticing drama in #ttt and #creations”
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/2Ly6Ouk

Punishment 3: Strike & Mute (1 hour)
Date: 2021/02/06
Staff: Synthray (mute) & Jammin (strike)
Reason: “Enticing Drama”
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/ROrSNgN
Additionally: I also DM'd you regarding this situation.

Punishment 4: Ban (5 days)
Date: 2021/02/09 (today)
Staff: Synthray
Reason: “You've been banned (5 days) for enticing drama and flaming. You can find more evidence here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/t4sxVzK. The current stage for 'Trolling/Flaming/Disrespect/Harassment/Enticing Drama' is now a tempban. Feel free to make an abuse report or an unban request if you think something is wrong.”
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/heIV5ly

Personal comments regarding my staffing
Regarding me being "hypersensitive"
  • It takes a lot to offend me – I don’t really get where I have a sensitive nature. While you have flamed me several times in the discord, I took absolutely zero action on anything directed towards me. My job as a staff member of the discord is to ensure the rules of the discord are enforced. When posts violate those rules, I enforce them.
  • However, I am very easy going. Take soup/ernie/rylo – I all but ignore their shitposting in #general (unless it gets out of control). In fact, I participate in it a bit myself.
  • I draw the line at harassment of others. When other users are bullied, I take action – this usually results in a simple removal of the bullying post – repeated actions may result in actions, such as a strike.
Regarding the "T-Word" situation
  • I removed posts containing that word, as there was some active discussion as to whether the word was a slur. Additionally, discord users at the time appeared to be sensitive to the word (not me, others). Thus, I took down posts from several users who had used the word, while awaiting clarification on the rule. I did not issue any DM’s, warnings, or strikes for this situation.
Regarding our personal issues
  • My “vendetta” against you – I don’t really know where you are getting this from. I’ve issued one strike to you (and DM’d you about it) – and deleted offending posts from you in relation to the punishments above. I'm pretty sure every post i've deleted of yours is provided in my evidence package. I’m sorry that you feel I have a vendetta– because it really isn’t true. I literally only react to you in a negative manner whenever your actions are demeaning another person.
  • If you ever want to chat in private about the issues you have with me, I’d be happy to try and find some common ground.
Regarding external evidence/discord
  • All evidence was solely from the Dinklebergs GMod discord - either from #ttt (or #creation) or for deleted messages, the message archive system (a discord staff-only channel)
  • I am a member of exactly 3 discord channels:
  •     Dinklebergs GMod
  •     Dinkleberg’s GMod Staff
  •     Uchiha Pack (@dong’s personal discord - I’ve posted a total of 7 times – four of which were NFL Football related, 1 about the weather, and 2 shitposts. Sorry for leaking that)
Conclusion:
Several discord staff members have taken action in mitigation of your behavior, based on the evidence I provided (as well as what Nicky provided earlier in this forum thread). I feel that a ban was the appropriate punishment, though I also feel you did not have the chance to defend yourself. Now that I've provided the evidence used in various actions taken, if you still would like to appeal for an unban, this is your opportunity to defend yourself and/or try to resolve/apologize for the situation, as you deem appropriate. At this moment, I do not support an unban, and will defer judgement on a reduction.

Thank you for your time.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
banned for vague reasons - by Three Tight Holes - 02-09-2021, 12:14 PM
RE: banned for vague reasons - by brock - 02-09-2021, 12:44 PM
RE: banned for vague reasons - by Jammin - 02-09-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: banned for vague reasons - by brock - 02-09-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: banned for vague reasons - by brock - 02-09-2021, 03:26 PM
RE: banned for vague reasons - by Eight Bit Trip - 02-09-2021, 04:13 PM