Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an official farewell
It's been a long and dreadful run with this community. I've seen some of the best people i know here and some of the worst people i've ever met, but i still stuck around because I loved the community and what it meant to me. A lot of awesome memories were formed here, and I can't thank y'all enough for it.

About a year ago, I decided to take an extended break from the community because in my eyes, everyone had become toxic. Toxicity is a rampant problem not just in Dinks, but the gmod community as a whole, so i came to expect it. But I decided that i needed a break from it all, and to see what would happen to my mentality from doing so. First thing i noticed is i was a lot less prone to anger from dealing with the bad ones here. Secondly, i noticed i was a lot less obsessed with constantly checking discord and the forums for instant gratification i had grown to be so used to. It was an unhealthy obsession and a lot of people here have fallen for it.

I started playing right after what many would call "the golden age" of dinks. Immediately i was brought back to memories I had playing TTT as a teen from when ECG and NxS had servers going up, when gmod was at its most popular. From there i decided i liked the place and the players enough that i wanted to help out by becoming staff. Those were some great times we had trolling around each other and abusing our commands to mess with each other, everyone was having fun and not even the most stuck up people complained about TP spamming at the end of the round to the map ceiling. It was a great time, and i eventually worked my way up to mod in a startling 2 months time. I felt like i was good at what I did and so did the upper staff. Around 3 months or so later I was suddenly promoted to Admin after some had resigned, and I was ready to make some good changes to improve the server and i felt like i did a pretty good job at that. Anyways, I made a mistake in banning a player that i felt was harassing me but apparently the community heavily disagreed at the time (if it was now it would be a completely different story aha) and i was forced to be demoted to Mod after i got jumped on. I decided that enough was enough and just decided to resign from there completely instead of taking the demotion, which was a great choice for me. I immediately felt like the drama of the staff team was gone and things were looking back up for me again.

But that's enough of me rambling about my time here, I think I've hit the points i wanted to. I wont make a long list of goodbyes and thank you's, because my memory is spotty and i wouldn't want to accidentally leave someone out. To everyone that calls themselves my friend here, I thank you for letting me be a part of your time.

If anyone would like to play any games with me, My discord is Foxka#1960, as well as my Battle.net for you WoW players out there. I also play League of Legends under the name "foxka" if you want to hit me up there too.

So long, and goodbye, I would like to request a ban from the discord and forums as it is no longer healthy to be in those places.

Love you all, stay strong, and achieve your dreams.

-Foxka
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Farewell.
Discord ban is in place per your request.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
anyone got a tl/dr?
(02-11-2021, 02:29 PM)David Wrote: anyone got a tl/dr?

staff suck, community is toxic, i got demoted, some of yall cool, some yall suck
[Image: xdjlve.png]
you suck hmu sometime
lol why do you guys keep asking to be banned, what ever happened to just leaving??
(02-11-2021, 06:26 PM)fanta Wrote: lol why do you guys keep asking to be banned, what ever happened to just leaving??
Well to answer your question. People tend to get suck backed in here when they don’t want to I think. So some people ask to be banned to cut off all ties I guess. Anyway, leaving this place is difficult for some so they ask to be banned in short terms.
(02-11-2021, 06:31 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 06:26 PM)fanta Wrote: lol why do you guys keep asking to be banned, what ever happened to just leaving??
Well to answer your question. People tend to get suck backed in here when they don’t want to I think. So some people ask to be banned to cut off all ties I guess. Anyway, leaving this place is difficult for some so they ask to be banned in short terms.
Yeah but there are cases where those people who asked to be banned end up coming back at some point to ask to be unbanned.

Those that don't ask and end up leaving, well you probably wouldn't be able to recollect or know them since they did leave and didn't come back.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Foxxa we didnt talk much and i garuntee you wont read this again but well see you and make an original leaving post next time
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
one less person to passive aggressively -1 my stuff

miss ya buddy
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)