Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DEMON)Skullfire
Offender's Name:  (Demon)Skullfire

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:89842032

What Server(s): TTT

Offender's Rank: TMOD

What They Did: I made a report or a report was made on me, I forget which happened lol. But afterwards, I was given 69 slays by Skullfire which I suppose was a joke and I told him that I did not appreciate the joke and that I would like an apology. Skullfire then proceeded to tell me that he had "evidence of me kicking people" and that if I reported him then he would report me. I never kicked anyone so idk what he is talking about. Then he threatened me and asked if I would like to see abuse after I mentioned that he previously abused a command to slay me 69 times. All I would like is an apology but he told me to take it to the forums and to report him (in screenshots below). I just hope no one else gets threatened to be "abused" like Skullfire mentioned, I think staff should not threaten players in that regard.

When They Did It: 11:15-11:30PM

Potential Witnesses:  @7-Zip @GIMMICK @Hoodie 

Proof: Proof is attached

Other:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yep I did tell him to take it to the forums because it was a meme with the 69 slays. I removed the slays right after and told u i was memeing about having "evidence" on you as well. If you want to take this out of proportion then that is up to you. You said I was abusing you for the slays and I told u do u want to see abuse as a joke. What is this report even for.

The first 10 screenshots are the convo between him and I. I have been a member of this community for 5 years and never had an issue, but I make a joke and you are upset about it. Plus, where in those screenshots do you see Burrito saying he was upset with me and wanted an apology. Now if he was upset and had asked me not to do that to him or felt that he wanted an apology that would have been a different story, but in no way did he let me know he was upset.

I apologize about the meme slays and the comment meme about abusing you. These were all in fun and were not meant to be taking seriously. As I stated you never told me you were upset about it or wanted an apology. If you would have stated that I would have done that from the start.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheDemonSk...creenshots
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
I can confirm that something went wrong
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8101688]
From my perspective, Skullfire added 69 slays as a joke, Burrito says they don't like the joke, and then gets called salty in response.. commands aren't toys in the first place, if staff does something out of place with them to a user and the user doesn't like it, the first response should NOT be "you're just salty"

Staff are here to protect the player and make sure they have a fun, uninterrupted experience. Running commands as a joke on the user, and afterwards getting upset at them calling them salty after they said it wasn't okay is not cool.

The staff can think the user is butthurt for not playing along with the "meme" all they want, but that's not their place.

Now that being said, adding 69 autoslays and removing them right after isn't going to plunge the community into civil war or anything..
I feel minor "abuse" of staff commands is not an issue if:
1. The actions don't affect the gameplay (69 slays immediately removed don't affect gameplay, so this is ok)
2. The actions are consented to by the player (in this case Burrito was clearly not down with the joke, so this is not OK).

I had an issue the other day, where I abused a staff command (pre-round) to meme with a current and former staff member who were playing. The current staff was cool but the other player didn't consent and was upset. As such, I rightly self-slayed for the abuse as the other players did not consent, and directly apologized to the player via DM. Frankly I'm somewhat surprised the former staff didn't report me for it, but taking accountability goes a long way with that I guess.

Frankly I see this being less of an issue than what I did the other day, but I feel an apology is warranted. It is technically overreach of staff powers on a non-consenting player, and use of the street powers that resulted in another player not enjoying their time playing. It is clear Burrito does not see 'the meme' the same way skull does - and staff need to be respectful/professional at the end of the day. But I don't think this constitutes a strike.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
If this is the first instance of such an action on Demon's part, I advise higher-ups talk to him about what he did wrong. Was his action of adding 69 slays, then removing them, abuse? Not exactly, but also yes. It was a joke, poorly received. Apologize and move forward. Demon is a joking and sarcastic individual. I am the same way in my personality. In some situations though, staff will need to own up to their mistakes. It appears his response was to create (what I perceive to be ) further jokes. They also could have been legitimate threats spoken passive-aggressively. If Burrito had been allegedly kicked people (we do not know due to a lack of evidence, therefore assume it did not occur) he too would receive a talking too. As with any report, I appreciate Burrito bringing this to our attention.

As I said on 7-Zips abuse thread, I too joke around. We need to make sure consent is provided before you fuck around with commands. If you are in the wrong, own up to it completely.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(02-24-2021, 12:06 AM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote: Yep I did tell him to take it to the forums because it was a meme with the 69 slays. I am not going to apologize for a meme. I removed the slays right after and told u i was memeing about having "evidence" on you as well. If you want to take this out of proportion then that is up to you. You said I was abusing you for the slays and I told u do u want to see abuse as a joke. As I said what is this report even for.

The first 10 screenshots are the convo between him and I. I have been a member of this community for 5 years and never had an issue, but I make a joke and you are upset about it. Plus, where in those screenshots do you see Burrito saying he was upset with me and wanted an apology. Now if he was upset and had asked me not to do that to him or felt that he wanted an apology that would have been a different story, but in no way did he let me know he was upset.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheDemonSk...creenshots
Instead of changing your post 5 times you could’ve simply apologized for your actions after editing it from the first time saying that you will not apologize for your “joke”.
I would simply just like an apology and to know this won’t happen again.
Just think it's a little hypocritical that "normal" players have been given strikes, warned and banned for less. I don't know how hard it is for someone just to say "Oh sorry, it was just a joke but I won't do it again." Then drop it. Instead you made a point to be crass. "Report me then.", "You're just salty.". Just unprofessional from a staff member in my opinion.

That being said, speaking from the position of a regular, I can definitely say Burrito Bowl is kind of being soft and needs to lighten up. Demanding an apology for an obvious joke is cringe.

You're both clowns in this situation.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I apologized in the post above not gonna create a new post when I can just edit. @"Burrito Bowl"
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
Looks like someone took the "Oh yeah, I'll see you on the forums" to heart.

I'll precede my post by saying that I rarely use staff commands in ways not fully in accordance with the guidelines. But when I have done so, this was only done so with prior consent of the parties involved. Sort of relevant here, I've held "slay rounds" on a couple of occasions. Each time these arose after a popular player was given a legitimate slay for a report, with other players offering to take the slay on their behalf. Then more and more people said that they too wanted to be slain in solidarity. I then would proceed to confirm that those individuals wanted to be slain and offered to add anyone else to the "slay round." I also naturally added a slay to myself. The key with this was that the parties involved were the ones initiating the non-traditional use of commands. Consent was key.

I don't think either party is entirely innocent here.

Skullfire probably shouldn't have added the meme amount of slays to Burrito, a person who he is presumably unfamiliar with. The use of commands in a joking manner technically isn't permitted, though I'm sure we all know that such conduct does occur from time to time on a limited scale. As I already noted, I have engaged in conduct that might come under this category and have witnessed other staff members do the same. And as long as it is kept to this limited scale, it's harmless with no negative effects on gameplay. In fact, it may actually make the atmosphere more lively in certain conditions. Ideally, you get prior consent to the people being targeted by your commands. But if you do not get such prior consent from a targeted individual, I think it's safe to say that the expectation would be to immediately "cease and desist." Do not target that individual again and give them a quick apology for disturbing their gameplay or otherwise inconveniencing them.

The process that would have been the most ideal, in my opinion, is as follows:
1. Skullfire adds the meme amount of slays
2. Skullfire quickly removes the meme amount of slays
3. Burrito complains in admin chat or via PM that he does not appreciate the use of commands in a joking manner on him
4. Skullfire responds to Burrito in PM "sorry about that, won't happen again"
5. No abuse report is posted and both parties move on

That didn't happen immediately. But I do believe that Burrito was overreacting when posting this thread. Honestly, this report looks like something straight out of shitposting. You have the pictures showing one joke command being used and then a lengthy explanation of what they did with the OP coming across as very serious. But the alleged abuse is so minor that it definitely didn't warrant an abuse report. If anything, maybe a private message to Nicol with the images and explanation.

Based on the screenshots, it doesn't look like you tried to raise your concerns with Skullfire in such a way that expressed that you were genuinely upset and wanted an apology. Instead, it looks like you went out of your way to escalate matters by making this thread.

Skullfire apologized here on the thread and that should be enough. I'm sure he won't bother you again. In the future, just let people clearly know if you have a problem with their use of commands before jumping to abuse reports. Most of our staff are reasonable and will follow your wishes.