Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DEMON)Skullfire
Looks like someone took the "Oh yeah, I'll see you on the forums" to heart.

I'll precede my post by saying that I rarely use staff commands in ways not fully in accordance with the guidelines. But when I have done so, this was only done so with prior consent of the parties involved. Sort of relevant here, I've held "slay rounds" on a couple of occasions. Each time these arose after a popular player was given a legitimate slay for a report, with other players offering to take the slay on their behalf. Then more and more people said that they too wanted to be slain in solidarity. I then would proceed to confirm that those individuals wanted to be slain and offered to add anyone else to the "slay round." I also naturally added a slay to myself. The key with this was that the parties involved were the ones initiating the non-traditional use of commands. Consent was key.

I don't think either party is entirely innocent here.

Skullfire probably shouldn't have added the meme amount of slays to Burrito, a person who he is presumably unfamiliar with. The use of commands in a joking manner technically isn't permitted, though I'm sure we all know that such conduct does occur from time to time on a limited scale. As I already noted, I have engaged in conduct that might come under this category and have witnessed other staff members do the same. And as long as it is kept to this limited scale, it's harmless with no negative effects on gameplay. In fact, it may actually make the atmosphere more lively in certain conditions. Ideally, you get prior consent to the people being targeted by your commands. But if you do not get such prior consent from a targeted individual, I think it's safe to say that the expectation would be to immediately "cease and desist." Do not target that individual again and give them a quick apology for disturbing their gameplay or otherwise inconveniencing them.

The process that would have been the most ideal, in my opinion, is as follows:
1. Skullfire adds the meme amount of slays
2. Skullfire quickly removes the meme amount of slays
3. Burrito complains in admin chat or via PM that he does not appreciate the use of commands in a joking manner on him
4. Skullfire responds to Burrito in PM "sorry about that, won't happen again"
5. No abuse report is posted and both parties move on

That didn't happen immediately. But I do believe that Burrito was overreacting when posting this thread. Honestly, this report looks like something straight out of shitposting. You have the pictures showing one joke command being used and then a lengthy explanation of what they did with the OP coming across as very serious. But the alleged abuse is so minor that it definitely didn't warrant an abuse report. If anything, maybe a private message to Nicol with the images and explanation.

Based on the screenshots, it doesn't look like you tried to raise your concerns with Skullfire in such a way that expressed that you were genuinely upset and wanted an apology. Instead, it looks like you went out of your way to escalate matters by making this thread.

Skullfire apologized here on the thread and that should be enough. I'm sure he won't bother you again. In the future, just let people clearly know if you have a problem with their use of commands before jumping to abuse reports. Most of our staff are reasonable and will follow your wishes.

Messages In This Thread
(DEMON)Skullfire - by Burrito Bowl - 02-24-2021, 12:02 AM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by (DEMON)Skullfire - 02-24-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Burrito Bowl - 02-24-2021, 03:02 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by 7-Zip - 02-24-2021, 12:27 AM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by RussEfarmer - 02-24-2021, 12:29 AM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Jammin - 02-24-2021, 04:59 AM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Raider Hanks - 02-24-2021, 10:30 AM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by jax - 02-24-2021, 03:07 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by (DEMON)Skullfire - 02-24-2021, 03:10 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 02-24-2021, 04:14 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Gabe - 02-24-2021, 07:16 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Burrito Bowl - 02-24-2021, 09:26 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by (DEMON)Skullfire - 02-26-2021, 09:09 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Deer-ly - 02-26-2021, 09:11 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Gabe - 02-26-2021, 11:05 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by (DEMON)Skullfire - 02-26-2021, 11:17 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by WWE Simulator 2023 - 02-24-2021, 10:11 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 02-25-2021, 07:25 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Battons - 02-27-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by White Owl - 02-27-2021, 06:26 PM
RE: (DEMON)Skullfire - by Knee Coal Bowlass - 03-06-2021, 09:00 PM