Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preposal for Referendum Regarding the Regulation of Communication Between Gamers
(03-05-2021, 09:08 PM)David Wrote: Encouraging people to use client-side mute has pros that arguably outweigh the cons.

Pros:

-Less meaningless gags and warnings that do nothing but showcase a flex of power
-Allows the game to return to what they should be; fun. Gags can sometimes turn Garry's Mod into online daycare rather than a game, causing unneeded tension/e-drama
-Encourages people to fix issues themselves through the action of muting rather than crying for help. It helps promote individualism rather than being a slave to the authority figures.

Cons: 

-Potential for more RDM
-The annoying situation of when people who have each other muted talk at the same time constantly
-In some people's eyes, MW2 lobbies are bad and not funny. 

Sadly though, rather than actually reading what you're saying, I can guarantee you that people are just seeing it's you that posted it and are like "oh look it's that stupid idiot making a post" and proceed to have a biased opinion against it. 

This is something that is promising Mr. Shitter; however, I have doubts that this logic will be received positively by everyone.
Opening the doors for player driven referendums is the most important part of this suggestion, in my opinion. This is the issue with which I am most concerned and thus want addressed first.
(03-05-2021, 09:08 PM)Battons Wrote: An interesting suggestion and in an ideal world I think it could work well, however in practice people in not just this community but TTT as a whole have been conditioned that staff will silence undesirable chat both vocal and text. It would be a cool experiment but unfortunately that's probably all it would be.
I think it's a necessary step to move away from the obsession with the bogeyman of toxicity. I've seen an alarming trend since the advent of Overwatch and LoL mainstream play that discounts banter and general foolishness as 'toxic' that has since become the norm for many of the more highly structured video games, and a departure from the old standard of choosing not to engage if one so desires. I think this is the right direction for us to take.
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preposal for Referendum Regarding the Regulation of Communication Between Gamers - by the mad shitter - 03-05-2021, 09:25 PM