Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The world is falling apart?
Is it just me or does it seem like every single day it is a different story? People no longer want to help someone else out, everything is overly expensive, society has basically went to shit, entire infrastructures failing, etc. I can't be the only person who has to have some type of feeling that something ain't right. Heck even when you talk to older folks they will tell you that something seems off and they've never seen something like this in their lifetime. Yeah don't get me wrong the pandemic messed the motion of everything up but society has changed in a way that is just too negative. Does anyone else feel like this? What can you do to get away from this feeling?
Yeah I have my popcorn just in case
Things will always get worse, it seems even worse now with the common use of the internet. It heavily displeases me that people no longer care about other humans, last week I slipped in a puddle and fell in the road pretty bad, hurting my leg and getting pretty bad road rash causing my wrist to bleed, a truck drove by and didn't even slow down. Every day I go on the internet and people make fun of schizophrenics and they don't even understand our struggles, these are just American problems, it is even worse in middle eastern countries where there are bombings and beheadings that make our problems seem abysmal. It is just unfortunate to say the least. I hope things get better but that is wishful thinking knowing they won't.
i play league of legends
(03-06-2021, 03:24 PM)VERY RARE Wrote: i play league of legends
Sheesh, your world has already fallen apart then.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Stay out of social media, stay away from big news, and stay out of anything that involves politicians. It’s shocking how many earth shaking events or the doom and gloom just goes away.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
You can't deny that everything that's happened in the past year has been completely fucked.. we've never seen a sequence of events as bizarre as what's happened recently. However, you have to remember that good things still happen.

Humans experience the negativity bias, where negative events in your life take more energy to process than positive ones, and thus have a greater impact than something equally positive. This makes us more biased towards paying attention to negative things even in the light of positive ones.

With the continuous expansion of the Internet, we can access information anywhere on earth, from anywhere on earth. Because of the negativity bias, people from around the world have found that posting about negative and controversial events gives a lot more attention than just posting about positive ones. This floods out positive things from the public eye even more than they already are.

Bad things are happening right now. These are troubling times. But awesome things are happening. Here are a few:
- Technological infrastructure has exploded. Industries that used to stay away from tech have seen its worth with the recent pandemic, and want to become more technologically advanced. The IT sector is booming.
- Working from home, which used to be a foreign concept, is now a pretty normal thing.
- Electric cars and green energy are exploding.
- 2020 saw the highest voter turnout in 120 years.
- Online education has grown significantly.
- The most technologically advanced extraterrestrial vehicle ever constructed landed safely on Mars, and we have real time footage of it landing.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-06-2021, 01:44 PM)Lard Lord Jr Wrote: Things will always get worse, it seems even worse now with the common use of the internet. It heavily displeases me that people no longer care about other humans, last week I slipped in a puddle and fell in the road pretty bad, hurting my leg and getting pretty bad road rash causing my wrist to bleed, a truck drove by and didn't even slow down. Every day I go on the internet and people make fun of schizophrenics and they don't even understand our struggles, these are just American problems, it is even worse in middle eastern countries where there are bombings and beheadings that make our problems seem abysmal. It is just unfortunate to say the least. I hope things get better but that is wishful thinking knowing they won't.

I was going to say most of these are American problems, I've never experienced these problems in any other country. If I did experience similar things that happens in the states it was at a level that couldn't even compare to the intensity of American ones. In America you are generally punished for helping other people, that is why "helping" is a bad thing here. I mean for God sakes America is the only country where a robber can sue you for tripping while running away from your house. It's shit like that that makes no one want to help or be apart of anything positive that involves others.
Many of these issues don't directly affect your day-to-day life. If only for your mental health, it'd just be better to not focus on the news and instead focus on what you can control. You can control how you interact with and treat other people, you can control your own health (barring certain medical conditions of course), you can control who's worth being in your life and who isn't, and you can (to a certain degree) control your career or work environment.
I don't know, if there's anything you can take away from this, it's for the best to instead try to ignore the negativity of the 24/7 news cycle and instead focus on yourself and what is in your power. Many of these major problems you listed are far beyond the scope of what a single individual is capable of controlling.
[Image: oKn4mWG.png]
(03-06-2021, 05:53 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: You can't deny that everything that's happened in the past year has been completely fucked.. we've never seen a sequence of events as bizarre as what's happened recently. However, you have to remember that good things still happen.

Humans experience the negativity bias, where negative events in your life take more energy to process than positive ones, and thus have a greater impact than something equally positive. This makes us more biased towards paying attention to negative things even in the light of positive ones.

With the continuous expansion of the Internet, we can access information anywhere on earth, from anywhere on earth. Because of the negativity bias, people from around the world have found that posting about negative and controversial events gives a lot more attention than just posting about positive ones. This floods out positive things from the public eye even more than they already are.

Bad things are happening right now. These are troubling times. But awesome things are happening. Here are a few:
- Technological infrastructure has exploded. Industries that used to stay away from tech have seen its worth with the recent pandemic, and want to become more technologically advanced. The IT sector is booming.
- Working from home, which used to be a foreign concept, is now a pretty normal thing.
- Electric cars and green energy are exploding.
- 2020 saw the highest voter turnout in 120 years.
- Online education has grown significantly.
- The most technologically advanced extraterrestrial vehicle ever constructed landed safely on Mars, and we have real time footage of it landing.

"Online education has grown significantly." that does not mean the level of education has increased, in-fact it actually decreased. According to the Center for Disease Control, the suicide rate and even the rate of hospitalization related to suicide has rose to numbers we have never even seen before. I am in my fourth year of college, since the start of the pandemic, there has been 7 people that I know through college courses kill themselves (2 were childhood friends). I have not dealt with more than two suicides since the start of elementary school, again 7 suicides since just the start of the pandemic alone. Courses are complete ass I haven't learned anything since the pandemic and no one else I know has, in-fact many people simply just dropped out. "The most technologically advanced extraterrestrial vehicle ever constructed landed safely on Mars, and we have real time footage of it landing." That isn't significant to me and also doesn't change anything that is happening down on Earth. In-fact most people probably don't even care as there is people literally sleeping in the street and going hungry at a rate we've also never seen.