Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rewrite micspam rules you clowns
Rewrite the micspam rules while you guys are rewriting the ghosting rules. Permabans for soundboards are so lame, especially when people aren't complaining. @RussEfarmer has made a script for muting people. Use it. Stop permabanning regulars that aren't being malicious. Stop using the "sorry rules are rules" card for some people/situations, but then letting other people/situations slide. Revamp the rules.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Yeah. It kinda is tbh. But honestly again there are limits to soundboard and heck like I said sometimes people privately complain because they are afraid they will get attacked by people’s friends sometimes. Eitherway I don’t mind the soundboards that much as long as it’s not done overboard which is unfortunately what some players usually do. Also I feel like they let other people slide with stuff because the backlash might be too bad. Which isn’t much an excuse but still.
saying "u should just mute people!!!!!!!" in a communication based game is retarded
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(03-06-2021, 08:26 PM)(j)ax Wrote: Rewrite the micspam rules while you guys are rewriting the ghosting rules. Permabans for soundboards are so lame, especially when people aren't complaining. @RussEfarmer has made a script for muting people. Use it. Stop permabanning regulars that aren't being malicious. Stop using the "sorry rules are rules" card for some people/situations, but then letting other people/situations slide. Revamp the rules.
ok but this doesn't apply to Timbo. dude literally never shuts up, is rude to staff, and interferes with anyone else trying to actually talk on the server. He thinks he's above the rules, dont want him back on the server until he realizes that he isn't.
(03-06-2021, 08:33 PM)A WHOLE NEEEEW NAAAAAME Wrote: saying "u should just mute people!!!!!!!" in a communication based game is retarded

oh sorry forgot that people don't have keyboards you're so right
(03-06-2021, 08:39 PM)(j)ax Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:33 PM)A WHOLE NEEEEW NAAAAAME Wrote: saying "u should just mute people!!!!!!!" in a communication based game is retarded

terrible argument...
(03-06-2021, 08:34 PM)two rats kissing Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:26 PM)(j)ax Wrote: Rewrite the micspam rules while you guys are rewriting the ghosting rules. Permabans for soundboards are so lame, especially when people aren't complaining. @RussEfarmer has made a script for muting people. Use it. Stop permabanning regulars that aren't being malicious. Stop using the "sorry rules are rules" card for some people/situations, but then letting other people/situations slide. Revamp the rules.
ok but this doesn't apply to Timbo. dude literally never shuts up, is rude to staff, and interferes with anyone else trying to actually talk on the server. He thinks he's above the rules, dont want him back on the server until he realizes that he isn't.

i suspect more people would disagree with this statement than would agree with it
I dont think we have to or need to rewrite the rules what he did was against them and the acting staff member decided to use his discretion to ban. Would I have done it? No. But we are not changing every single rule just to accommodate people you have an attachment towards.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(03-06-2021, 08:41 PM)(j)ax Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:34 PM)two rats kissing Wrote:

i suspect more people would disagree with this statement than would agree with it
whats there to disagree with? I wasn't speculating lol
(03-06-2021, 08:40 PM)two rats kissing Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 08:39 PM)(j)ax Wrote:

terrible argument...

Not really. If the mic was such an integral part of the game, then people without mics / people who don't use mics would not be allowed to play on the server. We have plenty of prevalent players such as: i am a noober, fanta, flare, adam, nick who do not use mics and are successful players. There are binds that exists.

Communication is not diminished when players can not speak over the mic.

So yes. You should just gag people. Though, in this instance the majority of the server was fine with the soundboard.

What's the real 'terrible argument' is dishing out permabans for situations like this.