Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Transparency in the Community: An Honest Answer and the Fallout
It’s safe to say that by now all of you have at least some idea of what has been going on these past couple of days. The player known as Rand posted this thread, with chaos ensuing which causes the forums to go into a panic, memes to be made, and shitposting to occur. The comments and images that were posted in this thread had been handled by Nicol several months before, and there was no reason for them to be brought up in such a way on the forums. While the issue was not made aware to all upper staff at the time, this was the result of a flaw in communication amongst them, which we all know is going to happen from time to time.

Context

This all started when a nazi pedophile was community banned and Rand was wondering why such things were okay while others seemed to go unpunished. The answer is simple - it’s NOT okay. That being said, Kuono had already been warned on the TTT side of things, while the situation had not been noticed, nor made aware of to the upper staff of the PH team.

This led to several discussions on the forums and in Discord. These addressed how such things should be handled, why the comments were not addressed (even though they were), and why the staff chat was leaked to the forums, even though Rand was not staff when the thread was posted. The very next day, yet another thread was posted by Rand, this time claiming that there was supposedly another “leak” of staff chat, but this time by an admin. This is simply not true. While Rand and others were quick to make an accusation, this was based on inaccurate and incomplete information. Prince Nicky had made some comments based on information he later learned to be incorrect. A staff member, however, decided to leak these comments within minutes of them being posted and before clarifications were made. 

Fallout

Fallout: JustKuono, aka Dummy Thicc Noodle Lady
She has been warned to not continue with such things again on the TTT side of things. For PH, this is her third strike. Her tmod has been removed and her services are no longer required nor welcomed on the PH staff team. There is a difference between disagreeing with other people’s beliefs and just being outright offensive. She apparently still doesn't know the difference between the two and the PH team will no longer have to deal with it.

Fallout: Leaker of the Staff Chat
This will be left up to Nicol to decide whether he wants to reveal who leaked the staff chat but has been removed from the staff chat and is still being addressed.

Fallout: NotRand 
Rand has been temporarily banned from both the Discord and forums for three months. In the interest of staff transparency in the community, the reasons for his punishment are included.

Reason 1: Intentional Choice to Post on Forums to Incite Drama
Prior to Rand posting his first thread on the forums regarding the problematic comments made by staff members, he publicly expressed his concerns in the Discord server. Having been reminded of the problematic behavior of these staff members, Prince Nicky privately messaged Rand, offering to assist him in collecting evidence on Rand’s behalf to then pass along to the leaders of the PH and TTT servers. Nicky also informed him that there was a strong chance that his concerns about Kuno would not “fall upon deaf ears” and that repercussions were likely.

In messaging Rand, Nicky became aware that a staff member had leaked the offending images from the staff chat. Rand proceeded to ask Nicky whether posting the image publicly would cause problems. Nicky advised him against doing so. Nicky also reminded him that it could result in negative consequences for the staff member assisting him leak. This advisement and offer of help through non-public means were ignored. During this exchange of messages, Rand also communicated directly with Nicol, who informed him that Kuono and Raider had already been punished for their comments (with no further infractions since). Disregarding these messages, Rand went ahead and posted his thread, demonstrating that his motives may have been partly motivated by an interest in spurring drama and in pursuit of a personal vendetta. He also made it aware that he would indeed be causing drama by doing this.

Reason 2: Decision to Continue Leaking Staff Chat
In closing Rand’s first thread, Nicol wrote that it had descended into “shitposts and personal attacks” and instructed Rand to come to the admins directly if he had other concerns. Rand decided to again ignore the guidance of an admin, posting another problematic thread the very next day. 

Once again armed with information leaked from the staff chat, Rand’s deliberately vague thread announced that an admin had leaked the chat in a “wildly inappropriate” manner. Clearly apparent here was Rand’s desire to just foster more dissent and drama in the community. The decision to leak staff chat here was especially problematic as the leak was based on incomplete information and was done within minutes of the information being posted in staff chat. While the vast majority of the drama that goes on here is unnecessary, this was especially so.

Reason 3: Former Role as a Staff Member 
Rand previously served as a Moderator for the TTT server and a Helper on Discord server. He was fully aware that leaking staff chat was forbidden and knew that past staff members had previously been demoted for leaking staff chat. Exhibit 1 and 2. As well as the frustration many staff had with chat being randomly leaked when it came to important subjects. He was apparently under the impression that he could not be punished for such leaks.

Conclusion

There is a difference between disagreeing with subjects and being outright offensive towards different beliefs and lifestyles. When not agreeing with a lifestyle, let’s say a trans lifestyle, that is fine to disagree with it. However, you do not need to insult the person, call them a walking mental disorder or be rude to them. This is true vice versa as well. You cannot force people to believe the way you live your life is correct since no two lives are exactly the same. Now when it comes to pedophilia, we have gotten stricter on such attitudes. This appears to become more common online as the new “edgy” or just people being creepy causing us to have to adapt in an attempt to prevent our community from being exposed to such behaviors, actions, and individuals who try to act on or spread such disgusting processes. If you find anyone like this hanging out in our community inform staff with any evidence that you can.

We do not allow the leaking of staff chat, whether the leaked images or comments come from staff or members of the community. Members of both the community and the staff team are encouraged to communicate their concerns to the administrator team. Concerns about a particular individual or individuals, especially if they are a staff member, should generally be expressed directly to an administrator. This can serve to prevent the unneeded targeting and harassment of players. It can also prevent unnecessary fallout in the event that a particular case is more complicated than the administrator wishes to make public, or if the accusations prove to be incorrect or incomplete. Going out of your way to cause problems does not fix anything and is frustrating for everyone involved.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
This is shockingly a similar format to another thread I know...
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(03-10-2021, 11:00 PM)Noire Wrote: This is shockingly a similar format to another thread I know...
Deja vu ngl
former admin2
Great explanation Fish, but this is still gonna be used by someone as an argument about how an "unresigned admin" had to make an official statement. Better save this for the bingo board.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(03-10-2021, 11:04 PM)Mana Wrote: Great explanation Fish, but this is still gonna be used by someone as an argument about how an "unresigned admin" had to make an official statement. Better save this for the bingo board.

I didn't unresign, I simply put in my resignation for my resignation.

I didn't do it myself, I had help along the way.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(03-10-2021, 11:04 PM)Mana Wrote: Great explanation Fish, but this is still gonna be used by someone as an argument about how an "unresigned admin" had to make an official statement. Better save this for the bingo board.
dont give people ideas I wanna earn this bingo legit man
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
(03-10-2021, 11:06 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I didn't unresign, I simply put in my resignation for my resignation.
I am now resigning from donor + and now I am admin again :)
former admin2
(03-10-2021, 11:06 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
I didn't unresign, I simply put in my resignation for my resignation.
I didn't do it myself, I had help along the way.

The admin team, myself included, was involved with the drafting of this post. Fish had previously made a promise to post an honest answer regarding these events, thus he was the one to post this today (and gets to enjoy all those sweet +1's).
This community doesn't deserve you, but they need you.... 

You told me you were done being admin, what a way to lie to me fucker
Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah alt evade, shut up, gimme one second on this then ban this one too (would preferrrr it didn't get me 1 year and three month banned but whateves)

Good. Like actually good. If this sets a new precedent in being transparent in bigger decisions, I'm more than happy with it. I got all I wanted, no more committees, a bunch of fresh ideas for the future, a few months to think of improvements, and this. Good shit, and goodbye mates. See you in june, imma be vacationing in May.

+1
Love,
Rand