Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Transparency in Unresigning
Great post by @TheUltraFish, @"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca", and somewhat of @"Nicol".  Now it is time to move onto the next topic of transparency that was briefly mentioned: what the policies and procedures on for handing in your resignation of your resignation, for the sake of transparency. *As in unresigning in general, for any staff rank*

Previously, the policy was that staff that resigned could not instantly obtain their own rank again and had to start at the bottom of the ladder the way everyone else does. However, this became extremely difficult  because staff would not get their ranks taken away for months despite the person responsible for removing them being told they resigned, on several occasions. 

So what is the official policy now? Is there even an official policy? If not one needs to be clearly established for the sake of transparency! Otherwise, there is much ambiguity and uncertainty surround it. 

Can staff come back as they please after they resign? 
Do ranks still take months to be taken away even after the person responsible for removing them has been notified several times? If so, does this present a challenge to having an official policy? 
Are they not allowed to instantly obtain their old rank back? Do they have to start at the bottom of the ladder?
Can resigned admins hand in the resignation of their resignation?
Do they have to request a formal meeting with Dinkelberg?
Is it like the military where there is active and reserve duty?
Fill out a form?
Admin vote?

As you can see there are many possible answers here, but which is the right one? This topic demands transparency for the sake of old staff, new staff, and the community at large. 

I now suggest we receive an answer as we continue the quest for transparency. If no answer is received we shall take it to the street and stage sit in protests across all gamemodes. Participants would refuse to play the gamemode and just sit in spawn en masse peacefully.

Just as a clarification for my stance: I have always opposed unresigning and will continue to. I tried to enforce it the best I could when I was admin but it was difficult to sustain when people's rank weren't taken away for months. Hopefully the second half of that sentence has changed for the better and it can fairly be enforced properly now. This would include all ranks.
I now yield the floor   Cool
Unresigning shouldn't be allowed no matter who you are or what your previous rank was. There really should be no argument on this.
(03-11-2021, 08:40 AM)VERY RARE Wrote: Unresigning shouldn't be allowed no matter who you are or what your previous rank was. There really should be no argument on this.
Correct
Would you rather a server had no admin and a bunch of mods running around like headless chickens or for an experienced staff member to come back and help while they are available and willing?

This seems like a dumb question you already know the answer to.
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
(03-11-2021, 08:55 AM)Cactus Wrote: Would you rather a server had no admin and a bunch of mods running around like headless chickens or for an experienced staff member to come back and help while they are available and willing?

This is more of a general rule thread for unresigning as a whole. But, for the ph situation this would happen. Ideally, a good staff team would have a Mod ready to step up to the plate and take over. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, that doesn't seem to be the case with PH. Which is a scary thought but hopefully I am wrong. Or perhaps there is but no decision or discussion has ever been entertained as to who should take over. I don't know, I'm not involved in PH. Due to extenuating circumstances it is understandable as a band-aid situation until a permanent replacement could be found. That is the best solution in the current poorly organized and dysfunctional environment. Unless this is the permanent solution, which could set a bad, unfair, and ambiguous precedent for the future. Which is why it needs transparency, for all ranks  Cool .
So can I unresign now? I’ve got all the requirements:
- was staff
- inactive now
- will still be inactive
former admin2
I will argue that in this case it was almost necessary for a newly resigned admin, who had only been resigned for about a month and a half or 2, to come back to help the very depleted admin team that we have. You're acting as if he resigned years ago and got his rank back without question. It's literally just a video game community. Hell I'm almost certain that there are instances in real life where old leaders have come back to lead after they stepped away out of necessity. This won't become the norm, rather it's an exception out of necessity due to the nature of the shitstorm TTT just went through.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(03-11-2021, 08:55 AM)Cactus Wrote: Would you rather a server had no admin and a bunch of mods running around like headless chickens or for an experienced staff member to come back and help while they are available and willing?

I mean, the easy solution is to have a more defined staffing system but, ain't no one wants to hear that. 

(Trusted)-> easy (T-Mod)->semi easy (Mod)-> impossible unless dink knows you (Admin) -> Ya right (Co-Owner)

A lot of problems could be fixed if we had more ranks instead of the current system but, that would be a headache waiting to happen if they tried that now.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Speaking solely from a PH pov (which I sort of feel your post is directed at), while we have a great team of Mods none of them are able to take on the role of Admin. Is this because they are incapable/not skilled enough to do so? Absolutely not. They absolutely have the skills to do so, but Real Life means no one single person can dedicate the necessary time.

Anyway. Tangent aside, while Fish put in a resignation and took some time off (and let's be honest, he deserves it) he never really stopped dealing with server issues. We were still getting his help in discord and he was still working on stuff. So from my perspective, he never stopped being PH Admin. And like Travis said above, he was only "gone" for 2 months at most, and even then was still very active in the community. There's no one I'd rather return to admin than him.
I should probably clarify again that the thread at large is for unresigning in a general context