Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Transparency in the Discord
*This entire post was straight retarded and I hated writing every aspect of it. The arguments are flawed and pressed on knit-picky issues. This is not who I am. I staff a TTT server to have maintain fun and keep the community existing. Everything I wrote is dogshit.*

Good morning everyone, I am running on 4 hours of sleep and 10000 hours of stress and confusion.  TL;DR: Please begin reporting people in the discord for all infractions of the rules, even if it is simply mocking or ridiculing. Sarcasm is not a factor in the Discord TOS, 

Please answer This poll while still paying attention

My post today is about our Community Discord and the enforcement of rules within the community. I know this post will piss some people off as an overextension and excessive result of the drama of yesterday, and that is partially correct. Recently, the Discord staff and other staff within the community decided to clamp down on instances of rule breaking according to our own rules and violations of the Discord TOS. Normally I would not care, but Discord is also a part of the community in which TTT players play on and therefore is relevant to my conduct within the server as a player 1st and staff member 2nd. 

I opposed the move towards enforcing rules in a different way, particularly in regards to the insults that we've been using as playful banter for years. I took opposition to this act within the staff discord (not leaking, as it is my own actions without any information regarding replies. I will tell the community with what I did.) and within the general discord, but not yet on the forums. All of a sudden, without even letting the community know in announcement, we began to punish for and autoban a certain word. All extended opposition to the act was pushed away as inciting drama and guided towards instead making a forum post, even when the act was blatantly a poor job of the staff. While Discord is not the place for raising an issue, it is not right to make a change suddenly without warning and go against those who oppose it. 

As I previously said, the new policy of enforcement is based on a push to obey the rules of our own discord and that of the Discord TOS. Therefore, I recommended all members of the community to properly obey these rules. The Discord Terms of Service and The Discord Guidlines are rules me must obey, and are punished according to the Discord MODERATOR Guidelines. Simple, yes? According to these TOS, you cannot do these things. Most of these TOS clauses are absolutely valid, but lets analyze them further. Specifically, no ridiculing or mocking anyone. That is how it is layed out. For everyone who ever insults anyone in ANY degree, it is technically violating the Discord TOS. Even if you call your buddy a moron or imbecile, you can and SHOULD be punished according to our servers rules. 

With running on Discord Moderation Guidelines, I was falsely punished yesterday. I was indeed enticing drama, but discord staff decided to violate their own guidelines. These are the guidelines. I should have been dmed a warning, the given a strike and dmed another warning discussing misconduct. Then, on the 3rd act of violation, I should have been muted. I was straight muted. 

Either the staff enforce the rules to a T, instead of picking and choosing, or fucking stop. Furthermore, enforce the rules according to the guidelines you must follow. If you decided to skip certain sections of the guidelines due to staff-discretion, you damn well better justify yourself to the punish. If anyone insults any, even jokingly, punish them. If the community as an overwhelming whole take issue with what you are doing, discuss things with them. Do not dismiss opposition because you believe it to be a the loud minority. 

*This entire post was straight retarded and I hated writing every aspect of it. The arguments are flawed and pressed on knit-picky issues. This is not who I am. I staff a TTT server to have maintain fun and keep the community existing. Everything I wrote is dogshit.*
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(03-15-2021, 08:39 AM)Raider Hanks Wrote: All extended opposition to the act was pushed away as inciting drama and guided towards instead making a forum post, even when the act was blatantly a poor job of the staff.
Rand is rolling in his grave rn

Rest of the post is the staff team again showing off the double standards that you, as the minority, can't do anything about. Welcome to Dink's.
Yeah so I don’t know why you were just straight up muted and no one even gave you are warning. Matter of fact if I read some posts right yesterday some of the people were apparently not given warnings through dm explaining stuff or anything of the nature.
(03-15-2021, 09:12 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Yeah so I don’t know why you were just straight up muted and no one even gave you are warning. Matter of fact if I read some posts right yesterday some of the people were apparently not given warnings through dm explaining stuff or anything of the nature.
Yes. If we change enforcement of rules on a whim why should people even respect staff. Sorry I'm using discretion not to abide by the rules when they don't abide by their guidelines due to their own discretion.
(03-15-2021, 09:12 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Yeah so I don’t know why you were just straight up muted and no one even gave you are warning. Matter of fact if I read some posts right yesterday some of the people were apparently not given warnings through dm explaining stuff or anything of the nature.

Because anytime the staff does something good(handling of Abdel, transparency on that matter) they feel the need to do something retarded. (Ban the word retarded with no announcement, warn people with no reasons, mute people)
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(03-15-2021, 08:53 AM)VERY RARE Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 08:39 AM)Raider Hanks Wrote: All extended opposition to the act was pushed away as inciting drama and guided towards instead making a forum post, even when the act was blatantly a poor job of the staff.
Rand is rolling in his grave rn

Rest of the post is the staff team again showing off the double standards that you, as the minority, can't do anything about. Welcome to Dink's.
Yes, if you are the minority your opinion is irrelevant. You are advocated to stop resisting and to agree with the majority. And even then, majority opinion does not matter because an Admin can make any decision they want. Admin decision isn't even necessarily a bad thing, as it can stop tyrannical staff, but there are not checks or balances on powers whatsoever.
My personal favorite is the "you know what you did."
I think you're giving the discord moderation system a little too much credit by implying it exists
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
There is a saying that says what the majority wants isn’t always what is needed I think. You should at least try to listen to the majority at times and see how they view things but again don’t always blindly follow them, but I digress. Anyway but yeah there should be an announcement at the very least. I have no idea why there was no announcement or anything announcing people would start enforcing this before hand and I feel like this is another problem in the flaw of communication among staff in dinks. No offense to y’all.
(03-15-2021, 09:24 AM)Stress Queen Wrote: I think you're giving the discord moderation system a little too much credit by implying it exists
It exists, but is heavily understaffed. Hence why admins apparently are taking the initiative. Now it leads to rash judgements. It is all volunteer, yes, but it does not mean they should do what they are doing.