Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Transparency in the Discord
Lemme starts by readdressing the problems that we ran into yesterday evening. What happened, in my opinion, was multiple people were falsely punished due to the lack of knowledge of the Discord Moderator guidelines. As I alluded to yesterday in my post, I am not sure if the current team of admins, besides Nicol (while it was like 95% Avi in discord Nicol did have a hand in it towards the end of her tenure), have read the moderator guidelines. Because of this, punishments were rushed and the chain of punishments set out by Avi was disrupted. 

(Subtle flex here) As the, currently, oldest discord moderator I'd like to apologise for not having the discord's shit together. What happened yesterday was a complete fiasco that could have and should have been avoided. It was a mixture of people overreacting and due to that overreaction the people of the internet did what the people of the internet do and they retaliated --- big surprise, right?

Now talking about the future of discord moderation:
We do have some ideas currently in the works to make moderation of the discord a bit easier, for example, increasing the amount of discord staff.  

One thing that I do not stand for is the eradication of the discord staffing team. I understand that as it is now it is a complete shell of what it used to be due to the fact that we do not have a figurehead over the team, we just have a group of admins from other servers poking their noses in (for lack of better words) and that exactly why the discord staff team was created, as Dong said above. I feel that if we can get the team off the ground again and take the middle ground of all four servers, we can really do a great job for everyone's sake. 

As far as my actions yesterday, I was a bit upset and what was taking place in the discord. I thought that the punishment for saying "That's Retarded" was very, very stupid. Of course, people bring up other slurs in an argument against the use of the word and the easiest thing to do in this situation is say "Fuck you, if you want to get rid of every slur, we'll do that then." and that's the outlook I had when I made the comments to jax in the general discord. That's not a great way to handle the situation as it is unfolding, that being said when shit hits the fan like that there's not much you can do to stop that type of shitstorm, besides of course muting people, which... well.

TL;DR:
The way the discord was currently being staffed was much more laissez-faire than it should have been. We didn't enforce the rules that were given to us to the best of our ability, and then when someone does complain about some minuscule bullshit we have to enforce the rules laid in front of us, that have been there since the beginning. Oh, and, when I say us or we or any of that bullshit, associate it with my personal perspective because most of this shit is opinionated as fuck at the end of the day. If you've got any questions reply or dm me on discord.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frustrations of a powerless Tmod - by (j)ax - 03-15-2021, 09:15 AM
RE: Frustrations of a powerless Tmod - by ding - 03-15-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: Addressing Transparency in the Discord - by Noire - 03-15-2021, 11:32 AM
RE: Addressing Transparency in the Discord - by David - 03-15-2021, 01:49 PM