Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's PH Doing?
Hey PH Folks!
So I know the forums have been going crazy but I just wanted to get the conversation going around PH specifically. I want to see what the PH player base has to say about this.

This is my opinion...
Although this might seem a problem in some parts in dinks community, PH has pretty decent transparency at least from what I have seen so far from a prospective of keeping the PH server staff/players in the loop. Of course there are always going to be things that are going to be worked on behind closed doors as they say in every community in specific processes or to respect the privacy of parties involved.

What do you guys think? Where are some areas that you might want to see change or be more transparent in PH and why? What are some recommendations you have in general (around the server, staffing, etc)? 

-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
You guys don't have nearly as many low IQ threads as TTT does, so I'd say you're doing something right.

Just make sure toxic cliques don't take over the staff team and make sure everyone's opinion is considered when making decisions. A few of the PH staff I talk to have mentioned that they feel like their opinion doesn't matter or that they're afraid to go against the majority.

Other than that, idk because I don't actually play PH. Just making observations.
I've been better, thanks for asking though <3
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I've half been waiting for a thread like this to pop up.. I wanted to talk about something real quick

I don't play prophunt that much anymore.. for one, I've played it way too much to enjoy it like I used to, but another reason is in my opinion staff (and donors) meddle way too much in what players are doing, especially in the area of micspam. I briefly touched on this in my thread about the staff only spectator rule, specifically in this paragraph:
(10-24-2020, 10:18 PM)Stress Queen Wrote: Anyway, my main problem with it is the bickering about it in chat. The more seemingly pointless things staff tell players to not do, the more players dislike the staff

Almost every time I've played a couple maps of prophunt in the last year (which admittedly isn't a huge number), often a player will do something like laugh in voicechat while getting chased, and scream when they finally get shot. Prophunt has a "no screaming" rule, so whenever this happens, you almost immediately get somebody saying "please don't scream". Or other times, where you have someone come on and play some fun by maybe making duck noises. Then a few other people will start making noises. Then all the sudden the entire server is making duck noises for about 15 seconds. Staff basically immediately start handing out warnings and gags for this behavior.

Moments like what I described above are the kind of things that get remembered years down the road and give Garry's Mod its charm. In my opinion, there's not much harm in letting people let out a scream or make some funny noises with the server for a quick joke. Prophunt isn't a communication based gamemode at all while TTT is communication based by nature, and we never see this level of enforcement on TTT. This is probably the sole reason I enjoy TTT so much, players don't get their toes stepped on by staff for having some fun. Sure it can get loud sometimes, but I'm always laughing.

TL;DR staff have very little leeway with the rules in my experience, and can tend to step on players toes while they're trying to have fun. Interestingly, more experienced moderators don't show this problem at all.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-15-2021, 06:07 PM)Stress Queen Wrote: TL;DR staff have very little leeway with the rules in my experience, and can tend to step on players toes while they're trying to have fun. Interestingly, more experienced moderators don't show this problem at all.

This sounds like we might need a more thorough training process for new staff to start them off on the right tracks or maybe a mentor program. That is something we can recommend to Fish to see what he thinks.
(03-15-2021, 06:07 PM)Stress Queen Wrote: Almost every time I've played a couple maps of prophunt in the last year (which admittedly isn't a huge number), often a player will do something like laugh in voicechat while getting chased, and scream when they finally get shot. Prophunt has a "no screaming" rule, so whenever this happens, you almost immediately get somebody saying "please don't scream". Or other times, where you have someone come on and play some fun by maybe making duck noises. Then a few other people will start making noises. Then all the sudden the entire server is making duck noises for about 15 seconds. Staff basically immediately start handing out warnings and gags for this behavior.
Disagree here.  I think that the mods do a great job when it comes to where to start gagging and not to gag.  I've never seen them gag someone where they shouldn't have been especially when it comes to micspam.  I'm only prop hunt everyday, have been since Oct 2020 and haven't seen this.    

Things that could be worked on however:
- need a new post that is easy to find of illegal props [globally]
- updated illegal spots list with the new maps
- removal of old maps that have been voted to be removed
- updated donor guidelines 
- more mods being on the same page, some say a spot is illegal while another will tell you its fine

I love our community, no offense meant to any here, just what I've seen that I personally feel needs improvement.  Thank you.
About 6.5 so doing alright

Joke aside but a quick reminder that *community* problems like the discord staffing that was brought up involves all of the servers. Several people worked very hard to overcome the old ttt vs ph split mentality that is already sliding back. I get what you’re going for, but be mindful of how the servers handle this instead of pinning things on one server. Unless it’s laced, that’s a dr problem.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(03-16-2021, 08:58 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: About 6.5 so doing alright

Joke aside but a quick reminder that *community* problems like the discord staffing that was brought up involves all of the servers. Several people worked very hard to overcome the old ttt vs ph split mentality that is already sliding back. I get what you’re going for, but be mindful of how the servers handle this instead of pinning things on one server. Unless it’s laced, that’s a dr problem.

Nothing wrong with asking PH Players what they would like us to work on from a PH prospective. 
I see what you mean about the whole TTT/PH split mentality but the most valuable input is from our regulars/players on our servers.
This has nothing to do with Discord/TTT. Not pinning it on a single server. Just opening up the floor for a discussion around PH specific issues.
(03-16-2021, 10:38 AM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:58 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: About 6.5 so doing alright

Nothing wrong with asking PH Players what they would like us to work on from a PH prospective. 
I see what you mean about the whole TTT/PH split mentality but the most valuable input is from our regulars/players on our servers.
This has nothing to do with Discord/TTT. Not pinning it on a single server. Just opening up the floor for a discussion around PH specific issues.
Considering the recent events, verbiage of this post, and parallels to around 2017 that I’m seeing I felt I should make that note.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(03-16-2021, 08:58 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Considering the recent events, verbiage of this post, and parallels to around 2017 that I’m seeing I felt I should make that note.

Just wanted to give PH players a place to voice their concerns around that topic and others without getting sidetracked about other servers. That is all I am doing here.