Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Town Halls
Good Morning Everyone,

As the title states, I want to address an idea I have had regarding Community Townhalls. In theory, this is an idea to communicate any pressing issues that the community recognizes. With the players feeling disconnected from the staffing team, I think it would be a great idea to set up times to help communicate our thought processes behind poorly communicated actions and gain feedback on how we can continue to evolve the community.

If this is to happen, I would suggest that we set up a time once a month and has multiple staff members join in to answer questions either Q&A style or open discussion with community members. This will need to be monitored in a way where it can be efficient and not everyone talking over one another in endless chaos. If the community and staff team could communicate better overall, this will help the understanding between decisions and help with the development of rules and regulations. 

If you like this idea of having community town halls and would like to participate, please leave any suggestions on this thread on how we could make this happen or dm me.

Thanks, y’all have a great day.

(edit: This idea is related to TTT concerns and issues. If other game modes would like to do something similar, by all means, it can be used.)
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I can come up with grievances later but for now, there's supposed to be a space between town and halls in your spelling ffs.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Completely agree, we need to hold the admins to their commitment to transparency. I will come prepared with a large list of items that need transparency and further clarification. I expect nothing less than thorough, detailed, and reflective answers. I will accept nothing less and the community should shame this so-called commitment if not. I will, however, accept answers in writing. There could be a form to submit questions that an admin could address. I will accept nothing less than an at minimum 2 paragraphs to 1 page answer for all of my questions. I also volunteer my services along with @Tedgp908 as independent moderators of the town hall to read the questions!
So basically it might be able done in a discord chat? Could work maybe. Of course it would still need to be monitored like Bryan said. Basically some people would need to watch over the meeting and make sure everyone doesn’t get chaotic right? If people don’t listen though and continue to cause chaos then I guess they can be removed from the meeting or something to prevent any more chaos. Also probably should think on the people you have in one group and just be becareful if you think a certain group of people don’t get along and will just be chaotic. As unfortunate as this is some people don’t like each other and may have tension flare if a certain thing goes off if that makes any sense. Eitherway if the meetings can be well thought out before hand and figure out which players and staff will be able communicate to one another efficiently and without major tension or it spiraling out of control so everyone can get a chance to ask and discuss what they need. I think I have a few staff members in mind who could be efficent in discussing and watching over the meeting maybe.
Good idea, great way to have things that staff might not be aware of  doing brought up directly (i.e. powermodding, not addressing issues/being shit at staffing, etc.)  

This will immensely help sever a divide between staff and players if done properly (there definitely is one within TTT) so I appreciate you taking initiative to try and fix said issue.
I support this fully. I will happily take part in it.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
god damnit you had me going I thought this was for clash of clans
This is a genius idea!
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I really like this idea, +1
This makes a lot of sense. We at Dinks should always be about making the servers better, and what better way then to get the opinions of players that aren't staff or don't have weeks of playtime on our servers. Sometimes we as staff get caught in the mindset that everything is good the way it is. Maybe things need to be tweaked someway or a server could be made more streamlined somehow. A fresh pair of eyes always does wonders for an online community.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]