Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is this profile pic ok?
So I have a question for you all. 
https://imgur.com/a/GxnqkqH
Is this profile pic fine or not in your eyes? I know I seen raider use similar profile pics before I think but I just wanted to know if you really thought it’s ok to have a profile pic like this since it probably can cause controversial issues. But again forgive me if it wasn’t necessary to make this post and ask it.
i'm trying to write a bullshit philosophy paper right now man what the fuck
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
This profile picture is entirely inappropriate. I made the staff team, including the admins and Raider, aware of my views on March 15th. Clearly, my expressing my opposition made no difference as the profile picture has remained. 

The profile picture in question has both Robert E. Lee and the Confederate battle flag within it. The Confederate battle flag is a recognized symbol of racism and white supremacy. It once flew above the South Carolina State Capitol until it was taken down in the aftermath of a mass shooting on a historically black church perpetrated by a white supremacist. In the years that followed, it has been removed across the nation - in retailers and states. Polls suggest that a majority of Americans view the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism, with a strong majority of African-Americans holding these views. 

Robert E. Lee is an equally polarizing character. There is a reason that his statues have been taken down across the nation. In fact, his namesake school (Washington and Lee University) has decided to rename itself in the coming years. Lee’s legacy is inextricably linked to racism. He led the Confederate Army, an army of traitors, against the United States in the Civil War. The Civil War was conducted in an effort to maintain slavery in the United States.

The profile picture is racist, plain and simple. 

I told the admins and Raider that I found the profile picture incredibly divisive and inappropriate. I wrote, and I quote, “I really think you should change that profile picture if you are planning on remaining a staff member in this community. We welcome people here. Not make them feel unwelcome and uncomfortable.” 

Clearly, I wasn’t the only person that had their qualms about this inappropriate profile picture for a staff member. 

I’m ashamed to be on a staff team that allows this sort of blatant racism. I’m even more annoyed that I had my objections so openly ignored by certain other higher staff members. 

This needs to be changed. This is unacceptable.

[Image: raider.jpg]
R-Rev up those bingo cards
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
All I'm going to say is that his tag is come out you black and tans, which is a reference to the IRA which is a left wing Marxist group, which is the opposite of what somebody who supports the confederates would support. He shouldn't have that as his picture, but he is obviously messing around.
(03-20-2021, 09:16 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: All I'm going to say is that his tag is come out you black and tans, which is a reference to the IRA which is a left wing Marxist group, which is the opposite of what somebody who supports the confederates would support. He shouldn't have that as his picture, but he is obviously messing around.

I don't consider racism "messing around."
The point I am making is that while its stupid that hanks has that as his profile picture and it doesn't belong in the staff team and he should change it I highly doubt that hanks actually supports a free south or anything to do with the confederates, if he did he would not have a Marxist song as a reference. But I can't speak for him.
Honestly who cares? It's just a profile picture and threads like this make people like Raider Hanks happy because the entire reason he has it is just to troll people who are over-sensitive. I do not like the person or the flag represented in his profile picture but I do not think he should be forced to remove it.
BINGO
(03-20-2021, 09:25 PM)Damester Wrote: Honestly who cares? It's just a profile picture and threads like this make people like Raider Hanks happy because the entire reason he has it is just to troll people who are over-sensitive. I do not like the person or the flag represented in his profile picture but I do not think he should be forced to remove it.

If he wasn't a staff member, I wouldn't be as upset. But he is a representative of the staff team and that profile picture is quite visible to anyone that joins our community. That's where the problem lies. There's also, of course, the problem in being an actual racist or pretending to be racist as a joke, but I'm only addressing problem one here today.