Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
When you see light... What do you see?
That question I pose as a way to introduce me.
necroing
Welcome!
Seeing light is broken down into two parts - seeing, and light.
Light is a phenomena very unique in the world of physics as it exists with properties both reflecting a wave and particle, simultaneously. Light is emission of energy, which implies that there must be a source of said energy.

Seeing also has two components. You see, the human eyes are photoreceptors, which can detect light via the rods and cones in the eye. Other photoreceptors exist, most commonly the cameras on our phones.
These photoreceptors can detect different wavelengths of light. Our human eyes can only detect light in the visible spectrum, which ranges from around 380 nm to 750 nm. Your phone camera picks this up too. However, unlike our eyes, our phone cameras can also detect infrared light, and will see an IR led flashing -while our human eyes will not see the flashing.

Philosophically, seeing is basically the most important sense we have, especially in our technology driven world. Without it, it is difficult to navigate the world (not impossible though).

Does this answer the question well?

Welcome to Dinks, I promise I'm not always like this.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Welcome
welcome
Hello there, Detective! I do love talking about Light! :P
Thank you Jammin for your great take on the meaning of light! :D

The eyes are our greatest gifts as entities from the eternal beings above! They have made us these terrific sensory organs that respond predominantly to Light, as a way of appreciating the breath of life they have given us. Some animals do not even perceive light the same as us Humans do! It means that their destiny is of a completely different and yet equally important magnitude. Without the eyes we would never be able to comprehend the world that has been put forth before us by the eternal ones! The Light is the symbolism of the fate that has been decided for each and every individual. It shines on us as motivation to continue forward and fulfil our future! For every ray of light shining through our eyes, that is the collective potential the Gods see in each one of us to continue forth on our task for self-realization and ascendance to a higher state of understanding.
Next time you go outside and bask in the Sun, always remember that there are eternal beings somewhere looking down on you, using the warmth of Light to raise your spirits and push you in the right direction! :)

Hope to see you In-Game sometime! And do not forget to Receive the Light~ :D
All that is in this world is predetermined! Let destiny take hold and allow the One True Way to guide us all.  :D
On the fear of being that one creepy dude, I will say that since they already talked about light as a physical phenomenon, I can talk to you about light on a "fantasy" way. I`m a huge nerd fan of Kingdom Hearts! So here it goes!

Light is one of the realms in the general lore of KH, with it`s counterpart Darkness and the in-between (Twilight). So in this sense, when answering your question, it could have multiple explanations. As when you see light it means you have reached, are being guided or have touched with some form of presence that is from this realm, generally perceived as "good" (Although it is really up to you to think is one side is good or bad). But regardless of that, seeing light can guide you onto a place or destiny that, unbeknownst to you, was/is meant for you. Light can be present in a different amount of ways (Characters, worlds) and can have varying degree of "pureness" so to speak; We have the purehearts on one spectrum and in the other the hearts who have left all light in their hearts.
But it begs the question, if you see light, then that means you also see darkness, as "The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes", or at least the counterpart, darkness, take the equivalent strenght of the light you see. So one should be aware of the balance these two have.
So... yeah, who knew, light can be a complex IRL natural thing-amabob, but also a plot device.

Welcome :v
(03-21-2021, 11:49 PM)Jugo Hornyhive Wrote: On the fear of being that one creepy dude, I will say that since they already talked about light as a physical phenomenon, I can talk to you about light on a "fantasy" way. I`m a huge nerd fan of Kingdom Hearts! So here it goes!

Light is one of the realms in the general lore of KH, with it`s counterpart Darkness and the in-between (Twilight). So in this sense, when answering your question, it could have multiple explanations. As when you see light it means you have reached, are being guided or have touched with some form of presence that is from this realm, generally perceived as "good" (Although it is really up to you to think is one side is good or bad). But regardless of that, seeing light can guide you onto a place or destiny that, unbeknownst to you, was/is meant for you. Light can be present in a different amount of ways (Characters, worlds) and can have varying degree of "pureness" so to speak; We have the purehearts on one spectrum and in the other the hearts who have left all light in their hearts.
But it begs the question, if you see light, then that means you also see darkness, as "The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes", or at least the counterpart, darkness, take the equivalent strenght of the light you see. So one should be aware of the balance these two have.
So... yeah, who knew, light can be a complex IRL natural thing-amabob, but also a plot device.

Welcome :v

close your eyes bro
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Welcome to the forums
[Image: titan.gif]
(03-21-2021, 04:36 PM)Jammin Wrote: Welcome!
Seeing light is broken down into two parts - seeing, and light.
Light is a phenomena very unique in the world of physics as it exists with properties both reflecting a wave and particle, simultaneously. Light is emission of energy, which implies that there must be a source of said energy.

Seeing also has two components. You see, the human eyes are photoreceptors, which can detect light via the rods and cones in the eye. Other photoreceptors exist, most commonly the cameras on our phones.
These photoreceptors can detect different wavelengths of light. Our human eyes can only detect light in the visible spectrum, which ranges from around 380 nm to 750 nm. Your phone camera picks this up too. However, unlike our eyes, our phone cameras can also detect infrared light, and will see an IR led flashing -while our human eyes will not see the flashing.

Philosophically, seeing is basically the most important sense we have, especially in our technology driven world. Without it, it is difficult to navigate the world (not impossible though).

Does this answer the question well?

Welcome to Dinks, I promise I'm not always like this.

He definitely always is like this. Don't trust him for a second