Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communication and Civility
(04-19-2017, 05:26 PM)BmanTheTBM Wrote: I couldn't agree more, and as Rippe stated, sometimes dealing with the same recurring grievances ie shitposters, trolls, assholes, gets very annoying and that is what causes them to lock things up. Most of which I am completely fine with. But yes, we all need to do a better job at being friends to one another and not constantly looking for a way to rip at each other's throats. Frankly I'm tired of all the fighting going on and I would wish for the community aspect of our server to return to what it used to be like.
But that's just my opinion on the matter.
Take it with a grain of salt if you must.

I was AFK for the day after posting this but things like this are a major part of the current problems. Another thing I would like to add is that people need to step in the other party's shoes sometimes. Players who don't have to directly deal with reports, drama, misconduct etc. might see things differently and it's worth it to try to look from that perspective to see how an action or decision will affect someone's experience, for example. As for non-staff, some of the recent happenings are based on an unpopular decision by staff- and many players do not seem to understand that staff is often faced with decisions that have no "good option" to them. I know I got super specific in the original post, but a good place to start for everyone when an issue arises is "How can this be addressed as a community?" Start from there and I think things will be a lot better.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I'm going to contribute honestly to this and say to EVERYONE, but we really need to be more respectful to eachtother. Like people have mentioned in the thread already, every time there is a disagreement, everyone takes it personally and gets really nasty. There is no reason for that. It drives away good people. We have to set personal conflict aside and be an actual community.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
(04-20-2017, 02:06 PM)City Wrote: I'm going to contribute honestly to this and say to EVERYONE, but we really need to be more respectful to eachtother. Like people have mentioned in the thread already, every time there is a disagreement, everyone takes it personally and gets really nasty. There is no reason for that. It drives away good people. We have to set personal conflict aside and be an actual community.

I would say more accepting of others' views and opinions. Respect is something that is earned, not given. It's not a right.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(04-20-2017, 02:59 PM)ReThink Wrote: I would say more accepting of others' views and opinions. Respect is something that is earned, not given. It's not a right.
That's actually kinda deep
[Image: original.gif]
So, I know I haven't really been around here that long, and don't really expect anyone to know who I am, but with what little i have seen there are some things that I just wanted to say. In many cases, both recent and in general, what is said isn't all that important, or at least isn't nearly as important as HOW it's said. It doesn't matter how right someone is, if they present their argument in a condescending, abrasive, or otherwise unpleasant manner, people won't even listen to what it is you're saying and will instead instantly disagree with you, which is where the call for more civility comes into play. Also, freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences of speech, which I feel is something that is sometimes forgotten or lost when using the anonymity of the internet.

And while I agree with the sentiment Rethink, personally I feel respect is more something that everyone should show a base level of at first, but is something very easily lost and extremely hard to gain once lost. Building a reputation and respect is important, but you have to show respect to get it.
(04-20-2017, 02:59 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 02:06 PM)City Wrote: I'm going to contribute honestly to this and say to EVERYONE, but we really need to be more respectful to eachtother. Like people have mentioned in the thread already, every time there is a disagreement, everyone takes it personally and gets really nasty. There is no reason for that. It drives away good people. We have to set personal conflict aside and be an actual community.

I would say more accepting of others' views and opinions. Respect is something that is earned, not given. It's not a right.

That's what I meant really just a word choice difference
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean