Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing scalpers in the community
As you all know I have hate in my heart and incoincidentally also collect Star Wars The Black Series 6 Inch collectible action figure line. I already have a sizable collection that would be of a much larger size if scalpers would stop breathing (not a threat don't ban me). As you all know scalpers are people who go to the children's toy aisle (where I am stationed at) in all WalMarts within a five hour drive, looking for rare figures to snatch out of a 7 (or 17) year old's hand and sell them at a 298% markup on Ebay or Amazon (Amazon in my case because Ebay figures are loose and dirty). Most standard figures in this line are priced at retail stores between $19.99 and $22.99, and deluxe figures $35.99. But scalpers sell these bad boys for well over one hundred dollars on Amazon and Ebay. Convention exclusives even go for well over $400 on the second hand market, such as Boba Fett with Han (Quantum_Edge) in carbonite.

How we can address scalpers in the community:
We can ban all adults from the toy aisle (with the exception of Lard Lord Sr in 2 months and 12 days 7 minutes) or in a more serious manner we can only allow people to buy one of each figure at a time.

How can we trust stores to carry this out?
Hire mercenaries to protect the toy aisle.

What is an appropriate price to sell 6 inch scale toys for on Ebay?
Standard quality unsigned black series 6 inch figures should go for no more than $39.99 on ebay, with the exception of vehicles, helmets, and deluxe figures.

What is an appropriate price to sell 6 inch scale vehicles for?
No more than $250 for a Tie Fighter.

What about helmets!?
I couldn't care less about helmets as I have no where to display them in my room and black series helmets aren't movie accurate.

Where can you buy appropriately priced collectibles online?
Walmart.com Bigbadtoystore.com (My personal favorite is bbts because for two extra dollars you can get pristine collectors grade packaging, or two less dollars substandard packaging, or for standard price, good but not exceptional packaging.

IN CONCLUSION:
Don't be an asshole. https://imgur.com/a/g4BE2X2

this isn't a shitpost. it's an insight into my hobby.
ok
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I'd like to sell @"derp" 6 inches