Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactive roles for Nitro Boosters
A lot of the rather large community servers that I am apart of have reaction roles setup for Nitro Boosters. The way they have it setup is that only people with that role can react to it and pick from a variety of colors i.e.: black, gray, white, yellow, etc. 
Would be pretty cool if we incorporated something like this into our server to give another incentive to boost and have there be a wider variety of color since right now it is just the plain pink (nothing wrong w that though). That's just my thinking idk, obviously ya'll don't have to agree. Eager to see how the rest of you all feel about this.
Not bad: it would be matter of adding a "read-only" channel for boosters, adding like... 15-16 colors and letting a reaction role bot handle that.
One concern is Auttaja reacting to every role change. I still don't know if you can make it ignore certain roles
you down bad for more rep arent ya?
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
You're never gonna catch up to me in rep
When you say react do you mean that it posts something or...

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(04-21-2021, 09:48 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: When you say react do you mean that it posts something or...
He means that there's a message with reactions setup to where if you react with red, you get the red color.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(04-21-2021, 09:51 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 09:48 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: When you say react do you mean that it posts something or...
He means that there's a message with reactions setup to where if you react with red, you get the red color.

He said something about the bot reacting to every role. Not sure if he meant that the bot logs it or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
@matt_st3 (Strongrule) im suggesting reactive roles that are restricted to the rank of nitro booster. It is entirely cosmetic and changes the color of your name.
(04-21-2021, 09:59 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: He said something about the bot reacting to every role. Not sure if he meant that the bot logs it or something.

Yes, that is what happens. Lemme show you a little snippet.
[Image: 913043f114bdd7d34e07d4f65c651bbc.png]

Every time a role is removed or added, we can see it in the discord chat. What Dong is suggesting would require multiple different roles so you can have a rainbow of colors. After that, the bot would need to remove the role then add the role, etc, etc.
I assume that's what Synth was referring to.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Yeah it’s the same as the announcement roles. So what I was getting at is that snippet. Where does it post? A bot spam channel I assume?

Offhand I’m against so many multiple color roles on a 1000+ public discord. Private small discord’s where it doesn’t matter sure. But on a large server with multiple staff roles that all follow a color scheme adding color roles will be annoying to sort through. Then you have the guy with 30+ roles that you see on discord memes so I’d rather we not get to that point.

That said, you already have the announcement roles that likely spam that bot so somewhere that’s already spam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~