Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Donation Options
I do enjoy the server but feels like there is a lack with donate options not much things to really grab from the store as I have seen (my personal opinion) 

I think it could be great way in supporting the server in exchange for a Custom Player Model for like $15 that is below 5MB at most, that only I can use that model since its exclusive to me if that makes sense.

Unique Tags $5 could also be very fun to have so its not always showing the preset rank tags but something that the person can have enjoy!

These are however just examples but something to look at that could be fun! 

This is more not just for TTT but for all the servers to have the options for as well! ^w^
[Image: QZ3ikMA.png]
I agree, donors should have more thinks It might be good to give them more instead of just a purple rank.
It's hard to really "sell" people anything on a TTT server.. custom playermodels aren't a bad idea but we've always valued the speed of our downloads over benefits of our donation packages. I personally wouldn't feel good about joining a server and downloading a bunch of playermodels that only one person can use.

Custom chat tags have been talked about, some people say they like them and had other servers that had them, some people think they'll be obnoxious. I'm personally on the side of thinking they're obnoxious, I've joined plenty of Gmod and MC servers where everyone has a custom prefix in chat with all kinds of fucked up colors and symbols, looking in chat was sensory overload.

Something that might be kind of cool is the ability to buy crates of dumb garbage with real money, since those items are exceedingly rare and they have a ton of cool stuff. Also, something that we used to have in our old mapvote system is a thing where donors had double voting power. I'd like to see that brought back..
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
That sounds interesting, actually.
-1 on special pms I'm not a fan of forcing people to download things they won't ever be able to use

custom tags i'd be fine with
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(05-06-2021, 09:22 PM)Akaza did nothing wrong Wrote: -1 on special pms I'm not a fan of forcing people to download things they won't ever be able to use

custom tags i'd be fine with
Im just saying things as a example but how bout this instead Donors have the ability to add a PM in the game for everyone to use, but they have the right to have access to that model instantly while everyone else needs to pay with points instead.
That seems fair to me if you agree wiith that! ^w^
[Image: QZ3ikMA.png]
I can't wait to see someone pay to put the Godzilla skin back on TTT
Tbh, I played on a TTT server for 9 years which kept close to vanilla(except maps, arming and weps) without pointshop and in terms of game experience is what i ended up liking the most compared with a shitload of other servers where it really felt like the pointshop just fucked everything up and made the game P2W, having some overpowered players which always won because they bought that donor exclusive traits giving them more HP or trounds. I'm sometimes wondering if text above head and playermodels don't already ruin gameplay due to the easier identification. Especially player exclusive pms would completely ruin disguises and stuff

For my personal feeling, dinkleberg ttt is balanced like it is now and i enjoy playing here, with stuff like song queues and jump packs it already feels at the edge of annoying sometimes.
I'd be fine with custom tags as long they have a neutral color and no emojis or stuff.
Maybe put the useless trails option in Pointshop to good use and make trails a donor only thing. That way not everyone has a trail so its not obnoxious or w/e. Just a suggestion. I don't care if its added or not.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
(05-07-2021, 01:48 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: Maybe put the useless trails option in Pointshop to good use and make trails a donor only thing. That way not everyone has a trail so its not obnoxious or w/e. Just a suggestion. I don't care if its added or not.

Donor only trails is a good compromise. Extremely small and easy to make
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide