Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A DR Admin application of sorts.
In-game Name: The Triangle

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:432781129

Time Played: 60+ hours (fixed this)

When First Joined: 10 June 2018

Availability: Can work on Forum things daily. Server side is rough to pin down due to occupation. Estimated times would be 1800-2200 (MDT) Monday to Thursday. 1530-2200 (MDT) Friday and Saturday.

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community:

This is my active agenda of things being worked on/implemented for the community.
-      Staff Applications will be open for 5 days minimum to get community input but no more than 14 days. An official response will be given for applications during this window.
-      Implementing the timed gag/mute function brought about by Russ. (Already messaged Dink about this, and getting it added)
-      Modify staff guidelines to include how to handle situations with timed gag/mutes.
-      Remove jump packs from players inventories instead of banning them. (Only Admin+ can do this)
-      Reset map record times. This will allow new records to be made, since the current ones are from people exploiting with the Jump pack. (Already talking with Dink about this)
-      LOTS of map testing/editing. I have been tinkering with Hammer on/off to understand how the DR maps specifically work with the boundaries and traps. Hopefully be able to fix some broken maps that are a server favorite.
-      Replace some maps in rotation with new ones. (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11405)
-      The adding/removal of some player models ( https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=13561) [Testing stage to make sure hit boxes work properly]

Please understand that though these are in process that doesn't mean EVERYTHING will happen immediately, Dink still has a life too but I wanted you all to be aware that these things are being worked on. 

Why you want to help the community: I really enjoy DR when I get to play. We’ve been without an Admin since 3rd January 2021, and there’s various things server side and on forums that need attention. I don’t care if my position as DR Admin is temporary until Alora comes back to being active as she is a great Admin and very knowledgeable. It would just help the community in my opinion to have an Admin that is actually around in the community. No, I am not the most active person on server. No, I am not making some promise to dedicate X amount of hours each week to being on server. What I am saying is that I will be here, I will be making changes to the server/forums and be available to discuss current problems/solutions. 

Have you been previously banned?: No

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts):

How did you find us?: !hop from PH

Other: 

If you have questions feel free to message me on Discord (TheTriangle#6946) if you're not comfortable with asking things here or prefer communicating through discord. 

Thank you for reading this application, I hope you have a most wonderful day. 
I believe Voss has done quite alot for dr for a while now, and yes at times he's been inactive but still I think he'll do great as Admin. +1
[Image: titan.gif]
Don't get me wrong ,I like you .But a server administrator must be  active ,and know the regular players and players.You only have 30 hours, one hour of activity in the last month.

Alora is inactive ,What will change adding server to another inactive admin  ?

Except for inactivity ,I support you being a admin
I do like the idea of having an active admin in DR that knows how to do stuff that you mentioned, but Norm does bring up a good point. You do have minimal time in DR when talking about becoming admin, even though I will point out that you are active everywhere else. You handle DR things on the forums as well as discord even though you do not get on often. Which I will also point out there are not people on often anymore.

I do believe your capable but I want to see how you respond to the time pointed out by Norm when it comes to the server side of things and time.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
+1 on the condition that you unban me

In all seriousness, I think Triangle is qualified for an administrator position, he's a very experienced member of the Prophunt staff team and has consistently been one of the few community pillars for our Deathrun server.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
If anyone else tried this, they'd get denied instantly. I don't care how good you are at your job, without having a consistent presence, you won't do anything for this community as Admin. 

I have some other thoughts that I want to say on this, but for the sake of not being accused of "inciting drama," I shall refrain.

-1. If you want the position, you need to show up for it. 
First and foremost, thank you all for your feedback thus far. Both sides of the spectrum is appreciated. 

To address this last month (April) it honestly was a rough one, understand that this is an explanation or to be informative of this previous month.  

During April a number of events happened that pulled me away from the server but not from being involved with DR related things (Forums and Discord). I attended the funeral of my grandmother and took 2 weeks to comfort my family and mourn the passing of such an inspirational woman. Shortly after that I took another week and a half to move my wife from her home state to FINALLY live with me in Colorado. 2 days after that I was part of a training exercise for 3 days so again not able to get on server. 

I fully agree that an Admin needs to be active in the community and aware of what's going on. Now I haven't been on the server often this past month (which was pointed out) but that hasn't stopped me from trying to implement things that will help the DR community along with being as involved as possible given the circumstances of the month. 

Pertaining to the Server side activity, now that these bigger things are passed I can finally spend some time playing DR. Along with getting more heavily involved in testing maps/player models.  I seriously enjoy playing DR (not Helix or Minecraft though... awful maps.. ) DR as a whole is pretty chill, the regulars that hang around are fun to play with and we have a good time with playful banter and absolutely getting rekt! (mainly me getting destroyed)

I hope with some of these changes trying to be implemented, that DR will become more frequently active. 

Hopefully I answered some of the concerns. I don't expect this application to even get an answer (per se) till end of the month. Thus giving myself some time to increase my time to more than 1 hour for this month.. maybe get 2 hours this month lawl 

Once again, thank you all for your input.
I have a few thoughts as a semi-active Deathrun player (~17 hours) and as someone that has known Voss for several years now, having approved two of his past applications in the Prophunt setting.

Nicky - Voss has very little active gameplay in recent days on the server, and his actual in-game time is rather low. Tell me why we might consider looking past that.
First of all, I don't think it's entirely fair to judge activity and gameplay using the same standards as you might for TTT/PH for our less active servers, Murder and DR. While TTT and PH are usually alive for around 12-18 hours a day, the Deathrun and Murder servers might be alive for 2 hours a day if you are lucky. That creates a serious challenge towards maintaining activity on the servers as a staff member, or player. That 2 hour period of the server being alive could be at 4 AM in the morning, 8 PM in the evening, or 2 in the afternoon. There rarely is a rhyme or rhythm to when the servers might be active. As a consequence, the times in which a staff member can get on and actively staff are quite limited. If the staff member in question has to get up at 7 AM for work, I don't think any of us would expect them to be on the server hustling anytime past midnight.

But Nicky, if the servers are dead, shouldn't it be the role of the staff, especially someone applying for the admin rank to try and revive the servers?
-No. This is a volunteer position. A staff member should not be expected to sit on an empty server for hours on end in an attempt to get people to join. They should be able to use their computer RAM for other things, rather than leaving Garry's Mod open when not actively playing or staffing. Besides, if a staff member tried doing that, they would probably be accused of time farming with their score in GameTracker reflecting this.

So Nicky, you are saying that the staff member has no responsibility to do anything to try and support their less active server?

No. I am not saying that. Just because a server doesn't get much activity doesn't mean that a staff member has no responsibilities. Prior to becoming Murder admin, I tried drumming up excitement by creating a Murder vs. Deathrun challenge where we would compare our servers at the beginning and after a few weeks to see which had moved up the most in Gametracker rankings. It seemed to drum up some excitement for a little while, introducing some new players to the servers which they may not have known even existed. Murder won ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Now Voss has not done a similar competition, but that's not a problem. When people raise an issue in the #dr chat in the Discord, Voss is often there offering to assist. He's taken care of all the ban requests in the past 7 months as well. That seems to show that he is out there still trying to do what he can to keep Deathrun alive. That stands out to me. 

What else makes Voss special, Nicky?
Besides serving our nation's military, Voss has been in this community for more than three years. Of that time, he has served both the Prophunt and the Deathrun community as a moderator. His time in Prophunt has not been generic either. I counted over 70 ban requests from him, alongside multiple guides to help players and staff. I saw a guide on recording programs, how to download CSS textures, and how to bind your keypad. I call that going above and beyond.

With regard to Deathrun, I saw that Voss has submitted five ban requests, as well as two others to document bans he had made in the interest of transparency. He has also been active in the DR section of the forums, making his own suggestion threads and commenting on those of others with his insights. I'm not entirely certain when he became DR Mod, but it has been at least several months now. 

The admin rank goes beyond just the individual server. Voss has been active throughout the community. His posts in the forums and Discord make this clear. He has even made some suggestions regarding the Discord, which used to be the domain of all the admins to help govern (now it's Jammin's problem). 

Nicky, you were made the admin of two servers in the past. What were your qualifications in comparison to Voss?
It is, of course, impossible to compare someone like the Prince to anyone else. He is truly a one-of-a-kind individual. Regardless, I will try. 

When I became the admin of Murder, I had around ~65 hours and had been with the server since it started. Like the situation with Deathrun at present, nearly all the other staff were inactive, including the admin at the time. So I had been serving as the "acting admin" for some time - dealing with any problems that arose on the forums, Discord, and server. Voss has been basically doing the same things for the past few months now.

When I became the admin of PH, I was one of just two people remaining on the server that could ban. I had maybe ~25 hours on the server at the time, but had stepped up in the aftermath of the staff exodus. There was a need to be able to IP ban baddies and I had been in the community for years at that point, so I was promoted to admin. Voss has been in the community for years, and there is always a need to have someone that can access the tools that only admins have - IP bans, fixing times, etc. 

Nicky has one final point. 
Voss - you put that you have 30+ hours. Several people have now commented on that number. From my calculations checking Gametracker, I saw around ~60 hours of gameplay. 
The Triangle - 50.93 hrs
▲ - Triangle - 3.47 hours
Old Man Voss - 4.15 hours

Don't sell yourself short.
I’m not someone who frequents DR too often but I do know Voss very well as a person and as a staff member. He is one of the very few people trying to keep DR alive and to improve it. 

Yes he’s had a busy period in life over the last month but that’s how life is, we can’t be expected to be here all the time. Also what you don’t see is all the things he has been doing behind the scenes. Looking solely at server time, especially with a server like DR isn’t really fair. 

Like Nicky said he’s also sold himself short on his overall hours anyway. 

I know him to be a sensible, level headed person who would take the role seriously and make every effort he can to improve and revive the DR server. He has already said he does not wish to step on Aloras toes and that he would work with her or take it temporarily. 

Honestly with the amount of time DR has had without an active admin it really needs someone to step up and take over as it doesn’t look like Alora is coming back any time soon. Voss would be a great fit and honestly is the only person in the DR community at the moment that could do it.  

Best of luck buddy.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
Hey Voss Thanks for Applying for the Dr Admin position At this time Im happy that you made this app, I'm also happy to see that someone want's to step up and eneter the position of Admin it would be great to see what you can do/change about the DR server
I have no concerns.
+0
[Image: AthleticYoungLamb-max-1mb.gif]