Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deckrun
Straight to the beef: why are there 3 deaths, personally i don't like it and it feels unnecessary and its a missed turn since most maps have upwards of 50 spawns for runners but recently the maps i have been looking at there's a maximum of 2 spawns for deaths and to my knowledge that would mean 1 death will grantee die. Lately the server has been getting players and im able to play with people and not by myself for an hour but reaching those numbers its only about 15-16 but theres three deaths making 13 runners, and i dont see the problem with the 14 runners but adding onto it theres the third death. 

I don't like there being a third person for two main reasons, 1. i get less kills so i get less pp points 2. the traps get wasted much faster, Diving into that say theres that one mega pro gamer that can beat the map in a few seconds. Well thats 3 people simultaneously spamming traps to kill them and in some maps such as goldfever traps don't recharge and its a free pass for all the runners. but in other maps such as machine_of_doom the traps recharge really fast and having three deaths they will spam those traps over and over or you all be stuck at the same trap for the whole round because the trap is already back.

So my suggestion is to lower the deaths to 2 at any given time. but next thingy

Player count: i have heard this many times that the server needs to up its player count and hold more players upping it to 37 or 40. I personally don't like the idea.
yes most maps like i said before most hold up to more than 50 spawns but the servers its a pop of 15 most of the time and stays level there rarely do i see the server actually hit the cap i personally think its fine at 24. maybe 27 but i wouldn't see the point to going higher than that but idk i could be missing something as these are this thing called my opinion.
3 deaths:
I don't see a problem with having 3 deaths. It's called Death Run. Your main intent seems more towards racking up points, my suggestion is that you get better at the game or just have fun with it and not turn it into a competition. It is a game after all.

The 3 deaths were made a thing when the server jumped to 24 slots, because we have several Bhop players that would give 2 deaths a run for their money; it was a way to kind of even the odds. It also gives other runners an opportunity to bypass a few traps before getting caught. As a non-Bhop player, this is a nice thing.  

Player count upping it to 37 or 40:
 We rarely get 20 people on the server (we have 24 slots currently), we average around 15 or so. 40 is a far stretch from where we are now. This isn't something to be concerned about, as the probability of it happening is VERY slim. 

TL : DR
3 Deaths is staying. 
40 player slots unlikely.