Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avoiding death in murder
ok well since i recently just warned someone for this and Norm the Mod said this was ok. i just want some clarification on this. so in murder if someone is about to be killed by the murderer and someone kill binds thats ok ? which wouldnt that fall under this rule ?

since killbinds avoid death and Xeno STEAM_0:0:183611389 happened to do this right before a murderer is about to get them. i warned them that they cannot do this. 
then murder mod Norm came in and said its totally fine to kill bind since its not against the rules when clearly its stated abuse of console commands which a kill bind is 
a console command. cause i know killbinding yourself in Phunt is against the rules for this very same reason. so if in murder that rule no longer applies i would like some
clarification on that since it kinda defeats the purpose of this rule on murder.

>Do not hack, exploit, or otherwise avoid the game's intended limits

This includes hacking, and exploiting maps. Do not try to escape the map bounds or exploit map bugs that provide an unfair advantage to gameplay. Do not intentionally crash the server. Do not abuse console commands to exploit the way ingame items work. Do not attempt to hide or go into spots which are unreachable for normal players. Hacking/Intentionally crashing the server will result in a permanent ban.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Do not hack, exploit, or otherwise avoid the game's intended limits
This includes hacking, and exploiting maps. Do not try to escape the map bounds or exploit map bugs that provide an unfair advantage to gameplay. Do not intentionally crash the server. Do not abuse console commands to exploit the way ingame items work. Do not attempt to hide or go into spots which are unreachable for normal players.

Please read carefully its says ”Do not hack, exploit, or otherwise avoid the game's intended limits”

Pressing killbind or typing kill in console is not against the rules.Or switching to the spectator.

The rules have been updated by former and current staff .As a rule, "Do not killbind " I suggested that but yeah still no rule.

There's a rule against it in prop hunt , but the murder server doesn't have.

You said you will kick him for killbing.I ask you to do not kick him.

I'll edit it later because I'm going to work right now Lmao.
or otherwise avoid the game's intended limits...............

so with that being said avoiding death by kill binding isnt breaking this rule ? 

I don't know if I have room to talk since I'm not Murder Staff but the rules state " Do not abuse console commands to exploit the way ingame items work. " Maybe it's a stretch but I don't think kill binding is used to exploit the way INGAME ITEMS WORK.

I do agree that kill binding to avoid getting murdered by the Murderer should result in some type of punishment. It defeats the purpose of running away from the Murderer and makes rounds shorter. It's also not enjoyable for the Murderer to chase someone just for them to kill bind.
(06-10-2021, 05:04 AM)uh huh exactly Wrote: I don't know if I have room to talk since I'm not Murder Staff but the rules state " Do not abuse console commands to exploit the way ingame items work. " Maybe it's a stretch but I don't think kill binding is used to exploit the way INGAME ITEMS WORK.

I do agree that kill binding to avoid getting murdered by the Murderer should result in some type of punishment. It defeats the purpose of running away from the Murderer and makes rounds shorter. It's also not enjoyable for the Murderer to chase someone just for them to kill bind.

no you have all the room to talk. the more the better.   

but when a staff member says you can kill bind to avoid death and then says if someone punishes you for doing it to contact them directly on discord kinda leaves a bad taste not only on the server but the mod themselves. i mean if death avoidance is a good to go then ill be more than happly to spread the word. cause thats what norm has said

again i am here for clarification for what norm said. she said it was ok to killbind before being murdered so i want to know if that is truly the case here.
Norm stated " The rules have been updated by former and current staff .As a rule, 'Do not killbind' I suggested that but yeah still no rule. " I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly but I believe Norm has brought it up and the rules weren't clarified ? I think this means that it's either a rule that isn't enforced due to lack of clarification or it isn't a rule at all. I suppose the only clarification we can get is from Admin Prince Nicky or Dinkleberg himself.

I don't think Norm is in the wrong because it's not stated or clarified. I believe he's justified in not enforcing a rule that isn't clearly stated/clarified or doesn't exist within the Murder server. But that's what this Thread was made for so we'll have to wait for a response by Nicky.

Sorry for the 3 edits. I'm tired and I keep thinking of things to say while I already posted a reply.
(06-10-2021, 05:27 AM)uh huh exactly Wrote: Norm stated " The rules have been updated by former and current staff .As a rule, 'Do not killbind' I suggested that but yeah still no rule. " I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly but I believe Norm has brought it up and the rules weren't clarified ? I think this means that it's either a rule that isn't enforced due to lack of clarification or it isn't a rule at all. I suppose the only clarification we can get is from Admin Prince Nicky or Dinkleberg himself.

I don't think Norm is in the wrong because it's not stated or clarified. I believe he's justified in not enforcing a rule that isn't clearly stated/clarified or doesn't exist within the Murder server. But that's what this Thread was made for so we'll have to wait for a response by Nicky.

Sorry for the 3 edits. I'm tired and I keep thinking of things to say while I already posted a reply.

no need to apologize my due. i want all the feedback on this as possible. my main concern for this is how a mod tells someone to killbind themselfs and if I personally punish em for it to contact them directly on discord. not only is telling someone to killbind themselves is ok but to contact them directly
I understand your concern and it makes sense. Something doesn't seem right to you and you're not sure if it's a rule or not but try to understand that contacting staff is a way for Donors to police the server with the consent of staff. Donors shouldn't see themselves as Staff and shouldn't take matters into their own hands. I believe Donors should have the ability to gag and mute because someone might be mic spamming or flooding chat. It's a smaller offense. Warning and kicking players is a different matter. In this instance, Donors shouldn't enforce or give a warning for a rule that isn't clarified. That's why Donors contact staff. If it isn't against the rules, then Donors shouldn't have to enforce it. If it is against the rules, then get permission from Staff to deal with it or let Staff hop on and do their job. Staff should have to deal with it and Donors should have to ask for permission. I think in this case, contacting a Staff member would be the wisest choice. Warning and kicking players should only happen if necessary or if Staff allow it.

As for Norm allowing someone to kill bind, I still think it's justified because the rule isn't clearly stated or clarified. It might not be a rule at all on the Murder server.
What's the point of playing murder if everyone just kill binds to avoid dying? I'd get bored and frustrated pretty quick if that would become a common thing.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
in ttt we never have this problem what is it with all the other servers that you have to have a rule for this or it gets abused
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]