Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
he is expecting this to be appealed
Discord Name: NotRand#6969

Discord ID: 235194452858109953

Who Banned You: Jammin

Reason For Ban: "Stop shitposting/tagging Matt and stirring up drama" "Upgrading this to a 2-month ban for raiding and stirring up drama, you may appeal on the forums in a few days. In fact, I am expecting this to be appealed. But you just got off a previous ban for inciting drama. You all decided to raid dinks tonight, and I am treating it as such. -Jammin"

Length of Ban: 60 days

Reason for Admins to Unban: So, this might sound like I'm saying I didn't do anything wrong or something, or am trying to alleviate blame. That's not true. I was pretty straightfoward with everyone involved that a small discord ban, or just a mute which is what I thought made sense, well, made sense. About 3/4 of the way into our shitposting in general on discord, we'd figured we'd at least get strikes, and started to tone down some. It was a little late at that point, yeah, but I have no issue with the punishment. The biggest thing I really have issue with is that no one really had a problem with it for a hot minute. Many staff members got involved and everyone was cordial and laughing, it was a fun time for almost everyone. The more 'heinous' things in the whole thing weren't even done by me, and were done by people that didn't even get strikes. But for the most part, everyone was having a good time, so it didn't seem to matter, then it just suddenly very much mattered. But we were never told to stop in any way. The biggest "chill" we got was Jammin putting general on slow mode, but that's not us being told to stop, we read that as "just chill a bit, make it readable, and know that I'm keeping an eye on it now" which made sense too. But no one considered this a raid until the staff just decided we were raiding a server we had all staffed on and were joking with a bunch of people who seemed to be enjoying it too. If we had a simple DM saying "hey, chill" then we would have, no doubt. Because we had already made that determination that we would do so, we had that conversation. We were just having fun until it started to legitimately bother someone. Someone will bring up the "well you guys knew it was wrong so it doesn't matter if you weren't told to stop," to which I'd say that's just silly. In every single guide on staffing, a warning is pretty much always the first thing to be done. It doesn't matter if we were all former staff, that doesn't make the guide go away.

The other thing I did have an issue with was part of my punishment for being stirring up drama. There's just always this idea that people get that I love making drama, but I really don't. I had a long drunken conversation last night with some people about loving this community, and more or less everything I do has that in mind. I just go at certain things in more extreme ways because I disagree with staffing decisions on thing. Is it my place? Nope. But it's just something I'm passionate about at times. I don't want drama, drama just tends to need to happen when certain decisions are made, or certain things are let to slide.

That all being said, I would agree with a mute or something for upwards of a week or two in the discord. We let it get out of line in spots (but, and I think everyone would agree, I was the most tame of the bunch of people doing things, some of which got as little as a strike), so some punishment is deserved, especially with my just getting off of a discord ban. That's about it. k

Have you been banned before(any of our platforms & Link relevant threads): Yes, in the well publicized "Rand complains a bunch and gets dicked on for being stupid" saga.

Other: I do apologize for the timing, we had no idea something else was going on, and my condolences go out to Fish and Matt and Battons for all the work they've been putting in. I really am sorry that we made last night just a lot worse.

edit: fixed some bolding stuff
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)

Messages In This Thread
he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by David - 06-22-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 09:14 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 09:28 PM