Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This community sucks
Mallak just wanted to leave in peace, yet every single one of you treats him like shit for actually recognizing a true problem the server has. Come on guys. Some of you are nice which is good, but so many of you are just fucking horrible. You should feel fucking ashamed of yourselves to let the community come to this. He had a genuine issue and he chose to go about it respectfully without causing a fuss. The least he deserves is a goodbye. Not a "don't let the door hit you on the way out"I'll probably get banned for saying this bullshit, but hey that'll just prove my point won't it
(04-22-2017, 11:20 PM)Loco Wrote:  yet every single one of you treats him like shit

[Image: 61f6eee84879e6fdebf42d2bfddc18ec.png]  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
Loco... he left the community fine until, because he was demoted, he started throwing a hissy fit akin to a small manchild. No one was hostile towards him until that. Stop trying to add to drama it's really getting old.
(04-22-2017, 11:20 PM)Loco Wrote: Mallak just wanted to leave in peace, yet every single one of you treats him like shit for actually recognizing a true problem the server has. Come on guys. Some of you are nice which is good, but so many of you are just fucking horrible. You should feel fucking ashamed of yourselves to let the community come to this. He had a genuine issue and he chose to go about it respectfully without causing a fuss. The least he deserves is a goodbye. Not a "don't let the door hit you on the way out"I'll probably get banned for saying this bullshit, but hey that'll just prove my point won't it

You wont be banned for this :), its ok to have an opinion, its only a problem when you start harassing others with it, and i agree that people were a little mean to him.
Dont look so blue
(04-23-2017, 12:09 AM)Foxka Wrote: Loco... he left the community fine until, because he was demoted, he started throwing a hissy fit akin to a small manchild. No one was hostile towards him until that. Stop trying to add to drama it's really getting old.

I don't know the behind the scenes of it so I can't hold anything against anyone, but I think he does have a point. Mallakk leaving was way messier than it needed to be. It's a harsh but constructive criticism of how things are handled- not saying I agree or disagree with the entirety of Loco's post, but just saying.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(04-23-2017, 12:36 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 12:09 AM)Foxka Wrote: Loco... he left the community fine until, because he was demoted, he started throwing a hissy fit akin to a small manchild. No one was hostile towards him until that. Stop trying to add to drama it's really getting old.

I don't know the behind the scenes of it so I can't hold anything against anyone, but I think he does have a point. Mallakk leaving was way messier than it needed to be. It's a harsh but constructive criticism of how things are handled.

This brings up a good point. It is harsh critisim from me, but it's not meant to be hostile just so we are all clear
Last I checked, there were 3 people who were openly hostile in a thread where the significant majority were wishing mallakk the best. I won't defend my statements; they were incredibly disrespectful and I was chewed out by the Admins for making them. However you seem to be focused on what 3 people said, more specifically what I said.

There's this idea in psychology called confirmation bias, which is defined as the "tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses." In that thread, there were at least 7 positive individuals and 3 negative ones. At most, that's 30% of commenters were negative. Considering the toxic tone on here over the last few weeks, 70% openly positive is a damn good number. But you choose to instead focus on the statistically inferior negativity, which affirms your notion that this server is imploding.

Everything points to the server moving in a healthy direction, both in the community and in the metrics. But we don't see posts about that, do we? Nope. Just the usual "This place is a tire fire and I hope you all grow up before it dies" noise. Happy people don't complain about how happy they are. Content people don't march. Sure, this community can mature. But if you only choose to seek examples of the worst here, you'll never realize this server is in the best shape it's ever been in.
(04-23-2017, 12:40 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Last I checked, there were 3 people who were openly hostile in a thread where the significant majority were wishing mallakk the best. I won't defend my statements; they were incredibly disrespectful and I was chewed out by the Admins for making them. However you seem to be focused on what 3 people said, more specifically what I said.

There's this idea in psychology called confirmation bias, which is defined as the "tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses." In that thread, there were at least 7 positive individuals and 3 negative ones. At most, that's 30% of commenters were negative. Considering the toxic tone on here over the last few weeks, 70% openly positive is a damn good number. But you choose to instead focus on the statistically inferior negativity, which affirms your notion that this server is imploding.

Everything points to the server moving in a healthy direction, both in the community and in the metrics. But we don't see posts about that, do we? Nope. Just the usual "This place is a tire fire and I hope you all grow up before it dies" noise. Happy people don't complain about how happy they are. Content people don't march. Sure, this community can mature. But if you only choose to seek examples of the worst here, you'll never realize this server is in the best shape it's ever been in.

No matter how you look at it, those negatives were really negative, and shouldnt have happened in the first place lol, even if there was very few, but rippe got chewed out for it loco, so don't worry :), and if it happens again whoever did it will get in trouble, and if its rippe, he'll get in trouble again.
Dont look so blue
(04-23-2017, 12:40 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Last I checked, there were 3 people who were openly hostile in a thread where the significant majority were wishing mallakk the best. I won't defend my statements; they were incredibly disrespectful and I was chewed out by the Admins for making them. However you seem to be focused on what 3 people said, more specifically what I said.

To add to this, most of my "who are you?" posts aren't meant to ignore the fact that the person is leaving or take anything away from that, but its simply to criticize the lack of attentiveness of the OP claiming the "community is toxic" even though they are not really a part of it anymore.

alright I was trying to be nice and ignore everyone being a fucking asshole but you can shut the fuck up holy shit. lets break down your bullshit

you claim

"he started throwing a hissy fit akin to a small manchild."

All i said was

"I never said i wanted my roles stripped and removed and ive given no reason for you to do so many a people have quit and kept their moderator positions to return later."

Which still holds true no where do i asked to have ranks removed, I've spent alot of time here and it annoyed me to have my rank stripped even if i dont plan on being here anymore. When that happened I calmly said thats not what i said nor wanted. After i said that tuuturuu and colleen start shiting on me for saying that, so i say go ahead and perma me to show i really dont care to be on the server anymore. hardly throwing a fit.

Secondly you also claim 

"No one was hostile towards him until that"

Now i dont know if you have memory loss so let me help you out the very first post is hmmmm...  OH its you being an asshole and hostile not to mention the idiocy of your comment considering im in top 20 of playtime for the server ranked #9 on gametracker, as well as putting in several hours over the week coming up to this. So the person who most people would say "who are you" is to you. Who are you?  Finally before i even commented anything else we have rippe and scoovie being their normal cunt selves, please stop spewing blatant lies.

IDK who you are but stop being an asswipe, and when someone tries to leave without causing shit, without calling people out by name, without being a cunt, don't be a cunt who tries to cause shit.

....................../´¯/) 
....................,/¯../ 

.................../..../ 

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ 

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 

.........\.................'...../ 

..........''...\.......... _.·´ 

............\..............( 

..............\.............\...

free my nigga fozzy
free my nigga hoodie