Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jax
Format:

Name and Steam ID: jax

Who banned you: auto, reached 5 warns. I think Jammin was dealing the warns out

Reason for Ban: shitposting “haha” on multiple threads 

Why Admins should unban you: Unban or reduction to a week, first time I have been banned from anything related to dinks. No more “haha” shit posts
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I issued two warnings yesterday, and I believe Battons issued the other two. You had a 20% warn at the time from shitposting a few weeks ago.

I mean, you got what was coming to you. You were issued several warnings to stop shitposting, and didn't do so. Had to mute you in discord because of your antics, and I suspect that this carried over onto the forums because of the discord mute.

You have eight total warnings for shitposting on the forums, so I believe some form of punishment is appropriate here.

-1 unban
+0 reduction to a month or two, I'm not convinced that anything is going to change when you get unbanned. Just because this is your first "ban" doesn't entitle you to automatic release.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(06-27-2021, 01:49 PM)Jammin Wrote: I issued two warnings yesterday, and I believe Battons issued the other two. You had a 20% warn at the time from shitposting a few weeks ago.

I mean, you got what was coming to you. You were issued several warnings to stop shitposting, and didn't do so. Had to mute you in discord because of your antics, and I suspect that this carried over onto the forums because of the discord mute.

You have eight total warnings for shitposting on the forums, so I believe some form of punishment is appropriate here.

-1 unban
+0 reduction to a month or two, I'm not convinced that anything is going to change when you get unbanned. Just because this is your first "ban" doesn't entitle you to automatic release.
Discord mute was after the forums posts. Discord had nothing to do with this, the shitposting was detached from anything to do with GCubed unban thread.

I’m not going to change how I interact with people or staff, but I will not shitpost (or rule break in general). I’d be willingly to corroborate this with a probational period; Next few months if I get a warn, then a permanent punishment could be applied.

As for the “first ban” point, I disagree. People have been unbanned for worse conduct, after multiple prior-bans. Shitposting is against the rules, which I accept and why I included a reduction as well. But I don’t think there’s been anyone else perma banned for a first time “shitposting” infraction, who wasn’t unbanned (or reduced) after posting an appeal. You just supported NotRand’s reduction / unban, despite the fact he had just been banned for 3 months. If I’m being honest I can’t help but feel you’re being slightly disingenuous with this because of my confrontational past with you and many other staff. It’s no secret that I disagree with how things are carried out and I make it known. I don’t think that should come to play into this since frankly being confrontational and disagreeing isn’t against the rules. 

You’ve said your thoughts, not going to try to change your mind but I do think you’re going against all other precedents, and being overly critical.

edit: I broke the rules, I’m not denying that or even trying to weasel out of anything. A ban is probably warranted, but I don’t think anything over two weeks is appropriate or even fair
[Image: xdjlve.png]
+1 for reducing da ban, foreverban for shitposting is not very cool.. setting him to moderator approved posts only for a few weeks would have solved the shitposting problem easier in my opinion, anything but a permaban though
I'm against a full unban but a reduction to a 2 week ban seems fair.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
+1 for unban he shouldn't be perma for shitposting, gone forever just because jammin dislikes him. If anything a week ban should do.
+1 for unban

Discord and the forums are both separate entities first of all. Second of all, shitposting haha isn't that big of a deal and is not worthy of a forum ban. He should be given a complete unban with moderator-approved posts like Russ said for a week or two, not a ban for a week or two.

I have to also agree, with no previous bans why should he get a harsher punishment than Rand did? That does just seem silly. A permaban, for shitposting, that's a shitpost because that is a joke.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
He honestly should have been put on mod approved posts and had everything else deleted far before he ever got banned, I'd say just bringing him down to 2 weeks or less should suffice.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Hi don’t type haha every single thread in forums lmao.

I think permanent ban  is too much  ...

+1 for reducing to ban.2 week ban seems fair.
(06-27-2021, 02:07 PM)jax Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 01:49 PM)Jammin Wrote: -snip-
Discord mute was after the forums posts. Discord had nothing to do with this, the shitposting was detached from anything to do with GCubed unban thread.
That's correct, I got the order mixed up. My apologies.
And Yes, correct, discord and forms are separate. I wasn't taking anything from discord into account when making my recommendation - but I was incorrect in my assumption as to why you decided to shitpost. And you know what they say about making assumptions...
But yes, discord in the forums are completely separate. Nothing that happened in discord during that time should have an effect here, just as nothing you do here has affected you on discord.

I’m not going to change how I interact with people or staff, but I will not shitpost (or rule break in general). I’d be willingly to corroborate this with a probational period; Next few months if I get a warn, then a permanent punishment could be applied.
My recommendation of a month was based on past precedent for shitposting bans, 1-2 weeks is reasonable. I don't think the probational period is necessary at this time.
With regards to changing, you agreed to not shitpost now in your response to me. That's different than saying "no more haha shitposts" in your initial appeal. It just didn't seem like you were taking it seriously. I didn't mean for you to change how you interact, just change the ship posting. That's all I meant.
As for the “first ban” point, I disagree. People have been unbanned for worse conduct, after multiple prior-bans. Shitposting is against the rules, which I accept and why I included a reduction as well. But I don’t think there’s been anyone else perma banned for a first time “shitposting” infraction, who wasn’t unbanned (or reduced) after posting an appeal. You just supported NotRand’s reduction / unban, despite the fact he had just been banned for 3 months.
NotRand wasn't forum banned this time, he was discord banned. He got a two-week mute in discord, unlike the 6 or 12 hour mute you received. I'd say that I'm being much lighter on you than I am on him with regards to discord. With regards to forums, he did not have a forum ban appeal recently.
If I’m being honest I can’t help but feel you’re being slightly disingenuous with this because of my confrontational past with you and many other staff. It’s no secret that I disagree with how things are carried out and I make it known. I don’t think that should come to play into this since frankly being confrontational and disagreeing isn’t against the rules. 
I'm sorry you feel that way. That had no factor in my recommendation, I just know that past forum bans were of a one month length for shitposting. I really don't dislike you, and I understand and frankly agree with some of the points youve made in the past. If you would like, I'd be happy to discuss this in a discord call sometime to try and iron out some of these differences. Not trying to save face or anything, just trying to figure out a way to improve things.
You’ve said your thoughts, not going to try to change your mind but I do think you’re going against all other precedents, and being overly critical.
I'd agree, you are right. I am being overly critical.
edit: I broke the rules, I’m not denying that or even trying to weasel out of anything. A ban is probably warranted, but I don’t think anything over two weeks is appropriate or even fair.
You're right, one to two weeks is more appropriate. I was trying to convey that you aren't entitled to an unban just because it is the first ban. You are entitled to an unban / reduction because of how minor the offense is.

Responded in various shades of red above because the forums on mobile are awesome sometimes.

(06-27-2021, 03:04 PM)Bxnes Wrote: +1 for unban he shouldn't be perma for shitposting, gone forever just because jammin dislikes him. If anything a week ban should do.
Everyone is in full agreeance that a permanent ban for first time shitposting is ridiculous. His permanent ban was not issued by me and frankly has nothing to do with me. I'm not sure why I'm being brought up here.

Believe it or not I have a lot of respect for Jax despite some of the stupid things he says.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks