dhoh262760
Ingame Name: dhoh262760

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:560654671

Who Banned You: thunderwalrusinnthebar

Reason For Ban: Mass RDM.

Length of Ban: Perm.

Reason for Admins to Unban: This was one incident and I explained myself in the original thread. I recently started playing Garry's mod and was enjoying the server. I don't want to be unbanned completely, I understand the punishment. I want a reduced sentence. Personally considering it was literally on the dot a 3 person "RDM", in which I proceeded to get revenge killed and kicked 2+ times. I've been playing on the server for about 3 days now and this is the only instance in which I can openly say I fucked up and deserved punishment for. Any other instance I have accidentally killed another player, I killed myself/defib'd and/or apologized. I didn't know it was against the rule for me to kill people who were shooting me when I had a KoS announced on me.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=14445

Other: I am very new to the PC gaming scene and recently watched videos about TTT and decided to try it for myself, this is so far one of the only servers I've come to enjoy. Playerwise and server content. I don't care about being banned, I am okay with the ban I've learned my lesson already after the events of last night. I personally feel like the perm is a bit excessive considering its a first time offense and I've been actively playing on the server without causing problems.
+1 I sympathize with not really knowing how this game works, videos on YouTube about TTT usually give the wrong idea and TTT is a complicated gamemode to learn for people new to games. The TTT rules are four real life pages long..

Also can we PLEASE stop permanently banning people on first offense of mass RDM. It still makes zero sense that spamming the N word in chat and killing three people are on the same level of punishment.
(07-02-2021, 07:18 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: +1 I sympathize with not really knowing how this game works, videos on YouTube about TTT usually give the wrong idea and TTT is a complicated gamemode to learn for people new to games. The TTT rules are four real life pages long..

Also can we PLEASE stop permanently banning people on first offense of mass RDM. It still makes zero sense that spamming the N word in chat and killing three people are on the same level of punishment.
Retweet.

-1 on an Unban but +1 on a reduction since it's a first offense.
It was your first offense and it was the bare minimum of kills needed for a ban. +1 on reduction
[Image: tenor.png]
holy moly
I banned you because of a ban request. Plus one on unban, it happens
+1 unbanned also what map, date and time did this happened
(07-02-2021, 09:20 PM)dan Wrote: +1 unbanned also what map, date and time did this happened
The ban happened earlier today on I assume a dollhouse map at 18:31:11, I can't tell you which map exactly. The RDM happened this morning on minecraft_b5 at around 3-4am PST -7.

(07-02-2021, 07:18 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: +1 I sympathize with not really knowing how this game works, videos on YouTube about TTT usually give the wrong idea and TTT is a complicated gamemode to learn for people new to games. The TTT rules are four real life pages long..

Thank you for that. The videos I've seen on TTT are very different compared to the way players actually act when in game.  I skimmed through the rules very quickly when I initially joined, and since have seen players do far worse then I.

I 100% agree with you, permabanning players on their first offense of MRDM is kind've excessive considering players may/may not fresh to the gamemode. People who come into the server and scream the N word or spam it in chat know exactly what they're doing and are doing it with a malicious intention.
Since the banning party +1'd your unban and its a first time offense your unban appeal has been accepted. Just make sure to freshen up on the rules https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho....php?tid=4 before you rejoin.