Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban mayhaps?
Offender's Name & Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:560654671 Dhoh262760

Potential Witnesses: Ao[Zora], [Data Expunged].9青空

Reason to Ban: Hacking. I don't believe aim bot but definitely beelining to props.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IY1YptEimk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsgwXrr5Hhk
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Video #1:
I don't know if it's just me or other players do the same thing, but if I see a random soda can sitting on a stair I'm going to test it. I've already been on the map for an extended amount of time and you begin to recognize and remember the location of props; it's called prop hunt for a reason - you're looking for things that are out of place.

Tip: Don't be so outlandish with your prop placement? Consider that the map looks the same until you're a prop that DOESN'T BELONG AND ARE TRYING TO EXPLOIT THE FACT YOUR PROP CAN STICK THROUGH A WALL it's almost like finding a glitch in a game. If you think it's original and never been done before, it's likely already been done before and is somewhere online.
Attempting to stick yourself in places you clearly wouldn't belong after several rounds of me going up and down the same stairs. As I stated in the first sentence, "if I see a random soda can sitting on a stairwell or on a stair in general I'm going to shoot it".

A hook poking out through the wood of a part in the stairs. If you're observant it's pretty easy to notice these things.
I had already went up and down those stairs several times in that video and on the rounds which weren't recorded, before even noticing you after the finding your CAN ally on the same stairs literally just a step down from you.
Birds of a feather flock together. (If one person is doing it, and its a good idea others will follow).

I do have to admit when I killed Basilisk I was starting to get pissed off cause nothing seemed out of place, this was the only spot I knew of that I couldn't see besides the trashcan in the basement. So I naded it, I've seen this spot used on multiple Youtube Videos and I hate people for doing it.
I rarely used nades cause I know it causes a massive health loss and I'm not trying to kill myself hitting everything with a crowbar.

Video #2:
Stop using props that aren't on the map? The 2nd video is several rounds down from the 1st one, in which I've already came to notice something: THERE ARE NO HOOKS ON THIS MAP. I clearly saw you sticking part way through the wall when I checked behind the barrel so I already knew you were there simply by looking at you, there is no other hooks on the map.
On the several other rounds which you didn't record or find something sufficient to be condoned as "cheating".

I had spent time grabbing every prop, running props, and shooting/hitting props to test which are part of the map and which ones aren't.
Much like you've likely done through your time playing PH, you can already tell when things are out of place and know where to look. Would I be making a ban request for the times I felt I was doing a really good job hiding and someone found me? No, because people are good at prop hunt.

When you run over a prop and it doesn't move; IT'S A PLAYER, KILL IT.
Take into consideration that most props are on the ground or ontop of other props, an example of this: soda can on a table, book in a shelve, melon on a cabinet.
Keep in mind that the less players there are on the server the less you actually have to look for players, makes it a lot easier to spot things.

During the time I was on the server and this map in particular, there was 2 places I had come to realize I can not see behind: bathtub corner, which I used myself twice before finding out that "Basilisk" was using it and claimed it as an illegal spot, and the trash cans in the basement.

All in all I feel like this ban request is baseless.

Sorry for the multiple edits, I've been trying to properly format this and notice a lot of grammatical errors on my side.
I will simply let the others take a look and make a decision based on what they see. The problem is when someone with 1 whole minute on the server (time wasn't displayed at the time in question) comes in and starts beelining to props. It will raise red flags. AoZora and I were thinking the same exact thing. The reason I didn't record the other rounds is because I was uploading videos and putting this request together. If I had been recording I would have caught the chat spam and the inappropriate things you were saying. Unfortunately I didn't so I won't try to bring that up. Simple enough it's just what happens when someone starts blazing through the lobby with no time on. Like I said, I will let them decide what they think. If you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about and we will go on with our day. I personally can't see the hours on the profile but you say you have 26hrs. Updating for referencing when looking over the post.
(07-03-2021, 06:16 AM)Ryzif Wrote:
I will simply let the others take a look and make a decision based on what they see. The problem is when someone with 1 whole minute on the server (time wasn't displayed at the time in question) comes in and starts beelining to props. It will raise red flags. AoZora and I were thinking the same exact thing. The reason I didn't record the other rounds is because I was uploading videos and putting this request together. If I had been recording I would have caught the chat spam and the inappropriate things you were saying. Unfortunately I didn't so I won't try to bring that up. Simple enough it's just what happens when someone starts blazing through the lobby with no time on. Like I said, I will let them decide what they think. If you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about and we will go on with our day. I personally can't see the hours on the profile but you say you have 26hrs. Updating for referencing when looking over the post.
By the time of the first recording I had already played on the PH server for roughly 10-15 minutes, most of which I spent as a Prop- which enables ME personally to get more time to understand/recognize the map.
Considering the map is the same no matter what and there is no random generation on where things are placed, it comes down to memorization on how well you're going to do. I myself was killed a handful of times in places I thought I wouldn't be spotted. I made the same call as you can see it in the video that I called someone a cheater; however, figured it was likely due to experience and time on the server.

Keep in mind that the less players there are on the server the less you actually have to look for players, makes it a lot easier to spot things.

After speaking to you on Discord, I've come to realize that PH is not my cup of tea. The fact players overlook the smallest details and are apparently a lot easier to offend tells me I should stick to TTT. I can understand your POV on the beelining, but honestly I'm fairly adaptive. I take note of things that are static props and things that were moved and misplaced. The fact TTT offers more variety and there is much more going on, it's a lot more my style.

I come from a competitive gaming background, so I do a lot of research on things before I decide to invest in them. Before buying GMod, I had watched a fairly large handful of TTT, PH and other game mode videos before I decided to even bother buying the game.

I guess at the end of the day we will just leave it to fate on what comes of this.
-1, I saw a post about this on the discord and decided to check on it myself. Personally I feel like the later on in the night you get on the easier it is to play. There is a lot less to worry about. A sever of 5 players in total is way easier to handle then a 20-30 player match.

Everything said in the first defense post I assumed was common knowledge. I don't think hours on GMod is an accurate representation of a players ability.
(07-03-2021, 07:56 AM)prolapanus Wrote: -1, I saw a post about this on the discord and decided to check on it myself. Personally I feel like the later on in the night you get on the easier it is to play. There is a lot less to worry about. A sever of 5 players in total is way easier to handle then a 20-30 player match.

Everything said in the first defense post I assumed was common knowledge. I don't think hours on GMod is an accurate representation of a players ability.
Once I realized I was able to press e on props to check if they're players or not instead of smacking/shooting, I knew it was over and that I had figured the gamemode out. The fact nothing stays in place, and almost all props are manipulable/moveable, narrows everything down to science "hold shift and jump/run on things. If it doesn't move KILL IT."
(07-03-2021, 07:56 AM)prolapanus Wrote: -1, I saw a post about this on the discord and decided to check on it myself. Personally I feel like the later on in the night you get on the easier it is to play. There is a lot less to worry about. A sever of 5 players in total is way easier to handle then a 20-30 player match.

The problem with the statement about hours is Gmod PH in the most basic form is a memory game. The more time you play the more you remember naturally and you can sort spots out without really thinking about it. Looking back at it over and over I think I may have over reacted at the time because of the speed of it. I am hesitant to really change about it and would rather have everyone look into it first. If I was the only one at all to consider that at the time during the game in question then I would certainly rescind it but with it also being Zora saying the same thing I just needed to be sure and this is certainly a way to be 100%. As I've said in the discord if I am wrong then I will apologize, it's just what I thought would be a good idea at the time. The idea of the request is to have a trial essentially and I personally wouldn't commit to it unless I was completely confident.
(07-03-2021, 08:16 AM)Ryzif Wrote:

The problem with the statement about hours is Gmod PH in the most basic form is a memory game. The more time you play the more you remember naturally and you can sort spots out without really thinking about it. Looking back at it over and over I think I may have over reacted at the time because of the speed of it. I am hesitant to really change about it and would rather have everyone look into it first. If I was the only one at all to consider that at the time during the game in question then I would certainly rescind it but with it also being Zora saying the same thing I just needed to be sure and this is certainly a way to be 100%. As I've said in the discord if I am wrong then I will apologize, it's just what I thought would be a good idea at the time. The idea of the request is to have a trial essentially and I personally wouldn't commit to it unless I was completely confident.

Trust me from someone with thousands of hours on GMod, once you play a map once or twice (depending on the person) it's like playing Skyrim or Fallout with mods/without mods. Night and day differences.
(07-03-2021, 08:22 AM)prolapanus Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 08:16 AM)Ryzif Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 07:56 AM)prolapanus Wrote: -SNIP-
Trust me from someone with thousands of hours on GMod, once you play a map once or twice (depending on the person) it's like playing Skyrim or Fallout with mods/without mods. Night and day differences.
I don't know about you guys, but memory games and things like that were my absolute favorite in my youth. Side-by-side, "whats wrong with this image" books also were a solid hit.

Another big key for PH and a good tip: ALWAYS HAVE YOUR FLASHLIGHT ON.
This does look like hacking. Not aimbot, but a radar or some prop locator. In the first video, he looked at the bathtub where the prop was two times before going away between times to throw suspicion off of him, then naded it. In the second video, he came right for the place where the hook was. +1 on a ban.
LET ME IN.
[Image: The_Fiend_2.jpg]