Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sea Emperor
Offender's Name: Sea Emperor
Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:123755013

What Server(s):

Offender's Rank: Donor

What They Did: ungagging micspammers after gagged by staff. continued to mute the same player for no reason after being warned not to donor abuse by myself. user was kicked and told to read donor guidelines and claim that they have reviewed them.

When They Did It: now

Potential Witnesses: @Rin Ayama @kill

Proof: 
current situation: https://imgur.com/a/8DLmrSA

Other: At this point, this shit is just annoying when the server is a shit-show. If I continue to see it, I will be posting it on the forums regardless of who does it and my relationship with them.

My suggestion is a strike, not a removal of rank.
(07-19-2021, 02:16 PM).cee Wrote: Offender's Name: Sea Emperor

What Server(s):

What They Did: ungagging micspammers after gagged by staff. continued to mute the same player for no reason after being warned not to donor abuse by myself. user was kicked and told to read donor guidelines and claim that they have reviewed them.

Proof: 

Other: At this point, this shit is just annoying when the server is a shit-show. If I continue to see it, I will be posting it on the forums regardless of who does it and my relationship with them.

Im sorry that i muted someone who was telling me to kill myself multiple times
(07-19-2021, 02:20 PM)Sea Emperor Wrote:

What Server(s):

Proof: 

I do not believe that this was the situation. I did not see anything directed towards you. In fact, I saw Hoverce asking you to ungag him once again after you did so initially. If you ever feel harassed or threatened by anyone on the server, do not take it into your own hands. Use admin chat or message a staff member directly.
(07-19-2021, 02:20 PM)Sea Emperor Wrote:

What Server(s):

Proof: 

As donor, you should be able to record and provide proof to justify your use of donor powers.

Did you take video/SS proof that someone was telling you this?
Also regardless of this you ungagging the player makes no sense. Donors are not staff, don't do .ceebeast's job for him.

-1 a strike only if proof can be provided as to the mute, otherwise +1 strike
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Very plainly, Sea Emperor had ungagged a player who had previously been gagged and warned for micspam.

Hoverce had been ranting in the spectator chat. While although it was hostile in nature, Sea Beast and other players at the time were having the time of their life. The mood was more "laugh at the minge teehee" and another player suggested that they ungag Hoverce just to see how angry he'd sound on mic.
Sea Emperor was the first to comply and ungagged Hoverce. As expected, the child behind the microphone began ranting and shouting. Hoverce was then swiftly re-gagged by .cee .
If there are DM's or Video that prove Hoverce had somehow told Sea Emperor to kill himself or that Sea Emperor had muted them as a response, then one could argue against a strike. I personally did not witness either.
With all this information in mind, I say +1 to strike on the grounds that Donors shouldn't contest a staff's decision. It's an abuse of power, and the guidelines clearly state not to perform these commands when staff are online. Much less reverse decisions.
(07-19-2021, 02:16 PM).cee Wrote: I will be posting it on the forums regardless of who does it and my relationship with them.

Shouldn't you be doing that anyway? +1
(07-19-2021, 05:21 PM)Reina Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 02:16 PM).cee Wrote: I will be posting it on the forums regardless of who does it and my relationship with them.

I do. This is a blanket warning meant for individuals who talk about doing similar things as a ‘joke’ but haven’t gone through with anything yet and may be considering us being on good terms as a free pass. I’m a lenient guy, but a joke is supposed to be funny, not annoying - especially not funny to a sole staff member dealing with 18 reports on a map, racists, trolls, and mic spammers. If you think about abusing donor, don’t. People volunteering to keep the server safe and fun for all don’t need their responsibilities complicated further. Make sure you’ve read the guidelines. 

@"mocha" stop egging people on.
(07-19-2021, 05:21 PM)Reina Wrote:

I don't always post it here. If I see donor abuse I usually give a 1-time verbal warning. Most cases of donor abuse aren't necessarily malicious, but are due to lack of awareness on donor guidelines. Me sending the guidelines has resolved most things without the need to further the issue into a formal report.
But as the evidence shows here, this is malicious.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
To wrap this up, Sea Emperor is receiving 2 strikes. 1 for this donor abuse thread and for another instance that I observed in-game. Another strike will lead to loss of rank and moved to supporter role. Case Closed.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]