Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demote Inactive Staff
+1 for this idea. Although the parameters of how inactive you have to be to be demoted should be up to Dink himself.

But if you're staff and haven't played since before COVID (the least busy time in recent history, seriously, if you were in quarantine and still didn't want to come back to the server.) then your rank should be removed. Mainly just as a formality. People should take the staffing ranks serious and if any bozo that has mod from 3 years ago can still hop on and assert power, then that just feels disrespectful to the active community.
I know there's a LARGE list of staff that I've never even met or seen. (This can be concerned with timing or them just not existing on this server.) I'm sure everyone has their reasons but there should definitely be a point of no return. If you vanish off the face of the earth with no reason then after a while things must move on. If they do decide to re enter the community then a fair chance to earn their rank back would be fine. (With consistent time that is.)

Definitely a +1
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
(07-30-2021, 06:37 PM)ratty Wrote: +1 for this idea. Although the parameters of how inactive you have to be to be demoted should be up to Dink himself.

But if you're staff and haven't played since before COVID (the least busy time in recent history, seriously, if you were in quarantine and still didn't want to come back to the server.) then your rank should be removed. Mainly just as a formality. People should take the staffing ranks serious and if any bozo that has mod from 3 years ago can still hop on and assert power, then that just feels disrespectful to the active community.
I was just on sabbatical for 6 years
Lol but like, why do you care? You don’t even play… pog

Edit: My thought process: If staff are inactive they shouldn’t be able to see sensitive information regarding current things happening within the community. This is already being done. Why demote them from on server? I can see this being something if there is common cases of inactive staff coming back and abusing but this just doesn’t happen. If inactive staff come back they usually are coming back to actually staff. There also runs the issue of tenured Donor TMod staff which dink has explicitly stated to never demoted since they paid for rank. 

Sorry if my grammar is off, I’m on my phone. Cheers.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(07-30-2021, 07:38 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: Edit:
Why demote them from on server? I can see this being something if there is common cases of inactive staff coming back and abusing but this just doesn’t happen. If inactive staff come back they usually are coming back to actually staff. There also runs the issue of tenured Donor TMod staff which dink has explicitly stated to never demoted since they paid for rank. 
I mean if inactive staff came back after like say 3 or 4 years and started trying to staff again wouldnt you be worried? There are possibilities they may be rusty and don’t know the rules and stuff but eh I can see your point too.
(07-30-2021, 07:58 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 07:38 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: Edit:
Why demote them from on server? I can see this being something if there is common cases of inactive staff coming back and abusing but this just doesn’t happen. If inactive staff come back they usually are coming back to actually staff. There also runs the issue of tenured Donor TMod staff which dink has explicitly stated to never demoted since they paid for rank. 
I mean if inactive staff came back after like say 3 or 4 years and started trying to staff again wouldnt you be worried? There are possibilities they may be rusty and don’t know the rules and stuff but eh I can see your point too.
I wouldn’t be worried. If someone is coming back after YEARS they likely will not even try staffing. They’ll likely jump on for an hour, goof around, and dip again for years. A case similar to what you are saying is DirtyPizza. He came back after years and wanted to staff again and reached out to make sure he knew the rules and was back in staff discord. He’s done nothing but good. So I worry very little about that issue.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(07-30-2021, 08:04 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 07:38 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: asdf
I wouldn’t be worried. If someone is coming back after YEARS they likely will not even try staffing. They’ll likely jump on for an hour, goof around, and dip again for years. A case similar to what you are saying is DirtyPizza. He came back after years and wanted to staff again and reached out to make sure he knew the rules and was back in staff discord. He’s done nothing but good. So I worry very little about that issue.

Without throwing someone under the bus, some guy named (DEMON)Skullfire showed up the other day and I had no idea who that was (granted I've only been playing since early 2021, but actively with over 400 hours). This guy came on, barely knew what he was doing and RDM'd a bunch of times (edit: unintentionally) then administered decisions over reports involving himself (with other staff on) pretty much off cooldown. It's not like a massive deal but like... something has to give with some of these super old guys.
Something I suggested some time ago was demotion to a new Inactive Staff rank which was the same as donor. Then if they actually returned and wanted staff again they can request it via a staff application for whatever rank they previously had. May be more work than it's worth though
[Image: b_560x95.png]
i disagree
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(07-30-2021, 08:20 PM)Rich Kids on LSD Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 08:04 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 07:38 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: asdf

Without throwing someone under the bus, some guy named (DEMON)Skullfire showed up the other day and I had no idea who that was (granted I've only been playing since early 2021, but actively with over 400 hours). This guy came on, barely knew what he was doing and RDM'd a bunch of times (edit: unintentionally) then administered decisions over reports involving himself (with other staff on) pretty much off cooldown. It's not like a massive deal but like... something has to give with some of these super old guys.
skullfire comes and goes he hasn't been gone for years maybe a year at most but shit happens and sometimes staffing a gaming community has to go on the back burners. when he does come around he usually stays a little bit before disappearing again
[Image: J6yUs0g]