Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Third Times The Charm!!!
(08-03-2021, 08:30 PM)Battons Wrote: So I do have a couple concerns I'd like to hear your responses to.

I've noticed you tend to be easily influenced by other individuals and usually in a not favorable manner.

Slur baiting and straight up slurs have been a bit of an issue with you.

I've also noticed myself that you sometimes tend to escalate situations instead of descalating them.

Do you have any action plan or a road map to improve and work on these shortcomings?
Thank you for bringing up these issues!

I am working on not being influenced as easily. It tends to happen because I just want everyone to have a good time. I know that It's dumb to do 
these things but I know I should stop letting these things happen.
- 
I'll stop slur baiting and I'll stop saying slurs. It was really dumb and I honestly saw it as harmless fun but I do realize that I need to show I can be a good example in the community. I apologize to whomever I offended with my poor choice of words.
- I just want to be apart of the conversation so that's why I tend to escalate situations. I will stop escalating them further since I know that it is wrong to do that.
You have improved quite a bit since your last application in my opinion. I think that most of these issues are things that come with age and with a bit of extra responsibility thrown onto you I believe that you could continue to grow. However, I am going to remain neutral on this application. Your efforts aren't going unnoticed, but there is also definitely some room to grow. Just continue to keep working and take criticism from this application to improve in ways that you may not have thought you needed to. I wish you the best of luck!
(08-03-2021, 08:55 PM)Dolphin Wrote: I think you have quite a bit of potential and overall I think I'd give you a +1 however there are a few things I think you can improve upon. As has been previously stated, people easily get a rise out of you. You are far too easily provoked and you take things too personally, but I'm certain you can work on these things. You've expressed genuine interest in improving the community so I hope you get it.
Yeah, I am working on those issues and doing the best to my ability to Improve overall as a person.

Thanks Dolphin for your reply! It means a lot!
Hi Damien, thank you for applying to join the TTT staff team.

I think you have potential, but I don't think you are ready.

Pros:
-Community support
-Generally friendly player
-No logged behavioral incidents in TTT (warns/bans)
-Tend to know the rules/follow them

Cons:
-As staff you have to be prepared to go against an entire server at times to enforce a rule (e.g. grapple exploit, slurs, etc.). I too am afraid that you would be too likely to go with the flow.
-Inappropriate trolling at times outside of the server - 3 strikes for NSFW content in the discord, 5 strikes overall, 2 in past month. This isn't really as much of an issue as discord has much stricter rules regarding NSFW, but it is something I wanted to note here.

One more question: As staff you have to take action against your friends and your enemies. Can you do so fairly? Believe me, it is very hard to issue a punishment/rule against someone you know and enjoy playing with.

Overall I am a +0. I can see that you are genuinely interested in becoming staff, and have worked hard on becoming more mature such that you can handle being staff. But I'm just not sure if you are ready. I wish you luck on this application, and if it is denied, I encourage you to work harder on backing off the trolling, and show us you are capable with your actions in the discord/forums/server.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(08-03-2021, 09:50 PM)Jammin Wrote: Hi Damien, thank you for applying to join the TTT staff team.

I think you have potential, but I don't think you are ready.

Pros:
-Community support
-Generally friendly player
-No logged behavioral incidents in TTT (warns/bans)
-Tend to know the rules/follow them

Cons:
-As staff you have to be prepared to go against an entire server at times to enforce a rule (e.g. grapple exploit, slurs, etc.). I too am afraid that you would be too likely to go with the flow.
-Inappropriate trolling at times outside of the server - 3 strikes for NSFW content in the discord, 5 strikes overall, 2 in past month. This isn't really as much of an issue as discord has much stricter rules regarding NSFW, but it is something I wanted to note here.

One more question: As staff you have to take action against your friends and your enemies. Can you do so fairly? Believe me, it is very hard to issue a punishment/rule against someone you know and enjoy playing with.

Overall I am a +0. I can see that you are genuinely interested in becoming staff, and have worked hard on becoming more mature such that you can handle being staff. But I'm just not sure if you are ready. I wish you luck on this application, and if it is denied, I encourage you to work harder on backing off the trolling, and show us you are capable with your actions in the discord/forums/server.
I can absolutely take action against my friends and enemies. I want to be as unbiased as I can when it comes to staffing. I already gag/mute my friends & enemies when there is no staff on when they are loud/saying slurs/ micspamming/ e.t.c

(08-03-2021, 09:14 PM)dong Wrote: You have improved quite a bit since your last application in my opinion. I think that most of these issues are things that come with age and with a bit of extra responsibility thrown onto you I believe that you could continue to grow. However, I am going to remain neutral on this application. Your efforts aren't going unnoticed, but there is also definitely some room to grow. Just continue to keep working and take criticism from this application to improve in ways that you may not have thought you needed to. I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks former admin dong!!

It also doesn't help that I have mild autism. I am improving more than I did on my last app.
Ditto with Jammin and Battons

I feel like you would be too heavy-handed in some circumstances and too light-handed in others. Altho you are in a much better position than your last 2 staff apps. You need to work on not getting too involved sometimes taking a step back and remaining unbiased. In saying that you are helpful and use !gag responsibly. Just Understand that you will be held to a higher standard if you get staff.

I believe that Damien is up to the challenge with a little guidance from the current staff.

+1
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(08-02-2021, 10:29 PM)Damien Wrote:
Other: If you have ANY issues with me, please discuss below (Even if it isn't ttt related)

Not gonna vote but just wanted to...

1. mention the fact that you got angry over me jokingly saying "you shouldn't post a song about not wearing a seatbelt, it promotes dangerous activity :/" not even a month ago.

2. point out the fact that pretty much every +1 is saying that you are too reactive and have yet to fix that, but that you can work on it once you're staff, even mentioning the fact that you'll probably abuse your privileges... that just means you aren't ready for staff.

3. point out the fact that you haven't shown that you'll stop saying slurs, you've just said you'll stop in this thread.
(08-05-2021, 01:28 PM)Reina Wrote:
Other: If you have ANY issues with me, please discuss below (Even if it isn't ttt related)

1. mention the fact that you got angry over me jokingly saying "you shouldn't post a song about not wearing a seatbelt, it promotes dangerous activity :/" not even a month ago.

2. point out the fact that pretty much every +1 is saying that you are too reactive and have yet to fix that, but that you can work on it once you're staff, even mentioning the fact that you'll probably abuse your privileges... that just means you aren't ready for staff.

3. point out the fact that you haven't shown that you'll stop saying slurs, you've just said you'll stop in this thread.
Thank you for replying and bringing up these issues!

1. I didn't read your sarcasm, that Is my mistake and I take full responsibility for being a dumbass. We did handle this privately and Concluded it on good terms.

2. I don't remember reading a reply mentioning that I'd abuse my powers? And It does take time to fix an issue with one's actions/behavior. I am always looking for ways to fix myself since I feel like I'm the furthest thing from perfect.

3. How am I supposed to show that I've stopped saying slurs other than saying I will/I have stopped saying them? No offense but I feel like this point is already brought up in another reply of mine. If you wish to discuss further about this point, make another reply and I'll do my best to give an answer.
(08-05-2021, 04:17 PM)Damien Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 01:28 PM)Reina Wrote:

Thank you for replying and bringing up these issues!

1. I didn't read your sarcasm, that Is my mistake and I take full responsibility for being a dumbass. We did handle this privately and Concluded it on good terms.

2. I don't remember reading a reply mentioning that I'd abuse my powers? And It does take time to fix an issue with one's actions/behavior. I am always looking for ways to fix myself since I feel like I'm the furthest thing from perfect.

3. How am I supposed to show that I've stopped saying slurs other than saying I will/I have stopped saying them? No offense but I feel like this point is already brought up in another reply of mine. If you wish to discuss further about this point, make another reply and I'll do my best to give an answer.

1. I apologized for posting the link to an autism symptom quiz, but that doesn't change the fact that you did overreact and take a lighthearted joke about seatbelt safety as a direct attack. 

2. You need to fix these things before you become staff. The fact that you applied while these issues were still happening just shows a lack of maturity and self-awareness imo. The abuse comment was someone saying you would be "heavy handed". 

3. Rather than accepting you saying you'll stop saying slurs and slur baiting as a solution to that problem, I believe the solution should be waiting and seeing if that behavior actually does change.
(08-05-2021, 07:36 PM)Reina Wrote: 1. I apologized for posting the link to an autism symptom quiz, but that doesn't change the fact that you did overreact and take a lighthearted joke about seatbelt safety as a direct attack. 

2. You need to fix these things before you become staff. The fact that you applied while these issues were still happening just shows a lack of maturity and self-awareness imo. The abuse comment was someone saying you would be "heavy handed". 

3. Rather than accepting you saying you'll stop saying slurs and slur baiting as a solution to that problem, I believe the solution should be waiting and seeing if that behavior actually does change.
1. As I said, I take full responsibility for taking it wrong. I didn't even condemn you for the autism comment in my original comment. I am mildly autistic and it doesn't even phase me anymore when people use autism as an insult.

2. I am trying to be as mature and self-aware as possible, that's why I am changing for the better, I feel like this is just a random shot at me for no reason, but I could be over thinking this.

3. The slurs/slur baiting isn't that hard of a thing to change. I can and have easily stopped doing both of those things.