Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord)
What do you guys mean I've been using it for a year at this point
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: b_560x95.png]
This would be nice since we have evolved past deleting channels with shitposting in them instead of punishing shitposters
+1 as long as medical advice (take these supplements, add more x to your diet, do this to help with that broken wrist) is strictly forbidden and things like progress photos are only taken fully clothed. Plus some kind of anti-body-shaming rule would probably be good, to prevent bullying and toxicity. Otherwise -1
(08-03-2021, 07:42 PM)Reina Wrote: +1 as long as medical advice (take these supplements, add more x to your diet, do this to help with that broken wrist) is strictly forbidden and things like progress photos are only taken fully clothed. Plus some kind of anti-body-shaming rule would probably be good, to prevent bullying and toxicity. Otherwise -1

lil bro u can’t do progress pics fully clothed
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(08-04-2021, 12:04 AM)jax Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 07:42 PM)Reina Wrote: +1 as long as medical advice (take these supplements, add more x to your diet, do this to help with that broken wrist) is strictly forbidden and things like progress photos are only taken fully clothed. Plus some kind of anti-body-shaming rule would probably be good, to prevent bullying and toxicity. Otherwise -1

lil bro u can’t do progress pics fully clothed
big bro there are children on the server and no age verification system
(08-03-2021, 03:56 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: What do you guys mean I've been using it for a year at this point
We made good use of it
We should restore the glorious channel previously known as the health-and-wellness channel. I created it two years ago originally in order to allow people to have more specific discussions about health topics. For some people, this is their primary Discord server and they come here to chat with friends. So they should be able to talk about the topics that they want to with their friends, with little interruption from server trolls or more specific server-side business. Just a nice separation of topics. It should not have been archived just because some trolls decided to disrupt it. That is what we call giving in. And giving in is not a part of a healthy lifestyle.

I do think the channel should be opt-in, but I don't think excessive age verification is really all that necessary. If the concern is shirtless pictures - people take their shirts off in TV shows, movies, in middle school gym class. I really don't think too many people will be posting those anyways, and it's not like something we haven't seen from @GM Nate during his shower streams. 

I would recommend an opt-in structure like the one below. Roles that can be added relatively easy by players, but only if they want to be in said channel. An alternative may be to have the "Health and Wellness" role by similar to the politics one described in the below image. It would be one that requires the player to already have some form of rank on the server in order to add - like Member+. That could weed out some of the people trying to post supplements links or inappropriate nonsense. 

Its literally not this deep its a wellness channel let people talk about working out, compare routines, or compare protein powders. I think its obvious no one in this community is a doctor and no one should take their advice seriously regarding actual health problems. People shitpost or troll warn and restrict them ez as that.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
we have discord staff now, bring it back and call it #gains
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
This is approved as long as we name the channel #harder-better-faster-stronger
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod