Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
I have some concerns about the pretty dismal playtime. If this is actually intended as an application, then 10 days of gameplay within a 30 day period with a 15 day gap does not look good. The playtime, with two exceptions, also appears to be for less than an hour. So I'm looking at around ~10-12 hours in a 4 week period. The previous definition of an active admin was a 10 hour per every 2 week gameplay, if I remember correctly. So you would be categorized as an inactive admin. If this was an application for someone applying for a staff position, either Trusted, Test Mod, or Moderator, then this level of activity would be cause for denial. 

[Image: unknown.png]

I also think the admin staff team generally works better with odd numbers or with two. When there are too many admins, you encounter the "too many cooks in the kitchen" problem. Too many varying viewpoints and waiting for people to vote on how to handle with issues slows things down. And then you might have inactive admins voting on things they aren't fully apprised to. That's not good. I don't remember a time where we actually ever had five or six admins, even if you were to count the ghost of Drew. 

I am completely on board with you having the Moderator rank, because there is always a need for extra staff, especially those that have the ability to ban. I do not, however, believe that there is a necessity for you to rejoin the admin team at this point. I believe that Bryan and Battons are doing a great job, and Nicol has been able to provide additional assistance with his ability to work on technical-side issues. I believe that the temporal difference in time from your resignation is also an issue - 8 months is a very long time. 

I'm not opposed to you ever rejoining the admin team. I would like to see more initiative, however. The admins are supposed to be the best of the best. People with bright ideas and can contribute to making the server run more smoothly. I appreciate that you have put forth some good ideas in the past, but those need to continue. I found the fact that you scrapped the rules rewrite that you have often mentioned pretty frustrating. As I remember, rather than share the rule rewrite with the staff team before your December resignation, you decided to just permanently delete it. With the exception of maybe Nicol and Dink, no one else saw this rule rewrite. This should have been preserved if you really put a lot of effort into it rather than deleted. 

At this point, and I'm sorry, I don't see how bringing you back into the admin team would be a net positive. Keep working at it as a Moderator and contribute ideas/assistance/etc. and that could certainly change.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca - 08-13-2021, 03:59 PM