Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
(08-15-2021, 02:00 AM)Prince Nicky De Lay Ley Wrote: *snip because that's a long post to quote*

Don't go pinning the Captain Price situation on Dong or any of the active staff at that time.  It's not fair to pin it on one person, or directly point fingers at them.  If you recall, when you made a thread addressing the Captain Price issue, I specifically stated that the Price situation dated a year before it ever happened, where I warned another former admin about the situation at hand, and to watch him in case he started something in the community (knowing very well his past reputation in other communities).  This was NEVER documented in the staff Discord, never documented in Admin chat, and never addressed with Dong.  It's difficult as admin to keep up with every aspect of a community, both you and I know this very well as Admins in this community, past or present.  So how is it fair to call him out on one point that wasn't addressed with him?

Another thing, in terms of committees, he tried to address an issue that previous admins (myself included) tried to address, making them viable and active.  I was handed down committees when I became admin, and honestly, they were bound to fail during my tenure long before Dong was ever staff.  Give credit where credit is due, that he tried to make them work when they weren't working previously, and they were discontinued because it was a failed idea from the start.  I think you missed a critical point as well with committees, that Nicol tried fixing them as well before Dong became Admin, which again failed, and were scrapped when there was only one admin to make whatever decisions they wanted to make.  Again, in no way should that count against him.

I would also like to stress, there is no need to compare Admin tenures between two different servers in the community.  It looks more like a flex on what you did then anything, each admin handles their tenure differently and has contributed to different server needs in different ways.  Those are all things that Prop Hunt needed or wanted at the time, but TTT is a different set of people with different wants and needs, so comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges.

Overall, the only thing I can understand from your comment is the playtime.  Would it help to see more? Probably. But considering the circumstances of this application where he was approached to return versus simply asking for a rank back, I think playtime would still help but the circumstances are slightly different.  For the rest, it seems nitpicky and looks like you found any excuse possible to tear down his reputation, which is hard to find credible because any one that knows your time in the community could nitpick and search through any and all posts you've made and do the same thing about you.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong - by Avi - 08-15-2021, 08:08 AM