Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
(08-15-2021, 08:08 AM)Avi Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 02:00 AM)Prince Nicky De Lay Ley Wrote: *snip because that's a long post to quote*
snip

Avi, I don't think you realize that the Captain Price situation was mentioned multiple times in our Staff Discord. The fact that you posted on that thread later was useful, but certainly was not the first mention of it. I, and other staff members, had already made the situation known before then. I am not blaming Dong for inaction, because I too was guilty of that. I am, however, saying that he either lied or failed to do his job as admin and stay apprised of a deteriorating situation.

And I really don't think I'm being nitpicky. I'm just genuinely confused how people, especially those that never staff under him as a Moderator, are praising how great of an admin Dong was. I don't think there really is anything to show for his less than 114 hours and 5 months of being an admin, much of which was spent inactive as he was busy with life priorities.

(08-15-2021, 08:16 AM)dong Wrote: snip

I called you a good admin in your resignation thread because I was trying to be nice and you had promised repeatedly to never staff here again. I like you as a person and think you're a good dude, but I don't think you were one of the best admins. The Jack situation has literally nothing to do with that, as I gave you actual reasons in my above post as to why I hold my opinion. Blaming others and dropping the ball.

And comparing Murder Admin isn't exactly appropriate. I took on that role because there was no one else that was available to help with that server. It is literally a caretaker role.

Additionally, when I came back to TTT Mod last year, I was not actually resigned for a year. My rank was never removed and I didn't go to anyone to have it restored either (that was in January of this year, after you had already resigned). I quietly came back and effectively staffed the server for a month before even rejoining the appropriate channels of the Staff Discord. I didn't ask for some major promotion thereafter, either.

Please show me that I'm wrong. Succeed in your current position before asking for a promotion. Bring up the game time, community engagement, and prove to me that you have the ideas and ambition necessary to be an admin. Then, maybe, you should be a candidate for admin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong - by Prince Nicky De Lay Ley - 08-15-2021, 11:23 AM