Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
(08-15-2021, 11:23 AM)Prince Nicky De Lay Ley Wrote: My responses are in red
And I really don't think I'm being nitpicky. I'm just genuinely confused how people, especially those that never staff under him as a Moderator, are praising how great of an admin Dong was. I don't think there really is anything to show for his less than 114 hours and 5 months of being an admin, much of which was spent inactive as he was busy with life priorities.

This is an unfounded attack because admins are supposed to have 10 hours every 2 weeks, and if you you did the math you would see that at 5 hours a week (10 every 2 weeks) for 5 months would lead to 100 hours total, meanining that Dong's 114 hours fell in excess of what he was required to have. It seems, though, that you are holding him to what you believe to be the necessitated amount of time and are faulting him for that. While those thoughts are allowed, they should not be used as a means to attack people. The server rules are what we should go by, not someone's arbitrary thoughts on what "proper activity" should be.  Calling him inactive, when going off the requirements of the serven he was (by definition of the server rules) not inactive, is just a way of projecting your own beliefs in front of the server rules.

Additionally, when I came back to TTT Mod last year, I was not actually resigned for a year. My rank was never removed and I didn't go to anyone to have it restored either (that was in January of this year, after you had already resigned). I quietly came back and effectively staffed the server for a month before even rejoining the appropriate channels of the Staff Discord. I didn't ask for some major promotion thereafter, either.
I would argue that this is worse than coming back because you resigned, then took advantage of the fact that your rank was not removed to continue staffing without the proper approval when you shouldn't have been.  Since you resigned you were not supposed to be staff, the fact that you "quietly came back" just means that you entirely disregarded the proper channels of getting your rank back.  What would have happened if someone made an abuse thread against you in that time period or something similar?  It would have caused a shit show because you were not supposed to be staff, not to mention how not being in the staff discord meant you were out of the loop on the situations in the server (i.e not banning/kicking/slaying someone in case people are still trying to collect evidence). By shirking the proper channels to becoming staff again you were setting up a much worse situation than just simply trying to come back through the correct channels. You took advantage of the fact that your rank was not removed like it should have been and are now lauding that as something that should be praise-worthy.

edit: While writing this it seems like Avi already responded to these points, but I'll just throw in my two-cents.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong - by Ckg - 08-15-2021, 12:54 PM