Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
(08-15-2021, 01:04 PM)Prince Nicky De Lay Ley Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 12:54 PM)Ckg Wrote: snip

Those are fair criticisms, but I would note that I am not going to, nor have I, applied for TTT Admin.

I do not see how not having applied for TTT Admin makes the situation any different. You still came back in a way that skirted around the whole process, regardless of what rank it was for or what rank you ambition to acquire it was still an innapropriate method to return to staff. Trying to compare this with Dong coming back is a complete non-sequitur and the fact that you brought it up in a way that was meant to disparage the way that he returned is wholly unfair and unjustified.
(08-15-2021, 12:45 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: never gonna understand people who use threads like this to put others down over situations that they had no control over while simultaneously putting themselves up on a pedestal

I am not intending to "put others down" here. I am assessing what I consider his job performance. If you or others can't see the difference between the personal and "professional," then I don't know what else I can do. And many of these situations were within control, as Nicol managed to get rid of the committee system very soon after Dong resigned. And reading the staff Discord is well within control.
While Dong had the power to remove the committee system, he was not an admin when it was established or going through the beginning stages (reference: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...=committee), therefore him trying to make it work should not be faulted.  I was TTT staff when it was first introduced and it seemed like the general consensus at the time was that it was a good change to the norm. In hindsight, it was a flawed system but this is much easier to say after it has been removed than when it was still trying to be fixed.    It was also, most likely, easier for Nicol to remove it entirely than it was for Dong because Nicol was admin when it was first implemented and was thus able to see the whole process unfold as an admin and then pull the plug accordingly. Therefore, Dong was not misguided in his attempts to fix said system. By trying to fix the committee system he was still trying to make a positive change and should not be faulted for that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong - by Ckg - 08-15-2021, 01:29 PM