Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
(08-15-2021, 01:24 PM)Prince Nicky De Lay Ley Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 01:19 PM)dong Wrote: @"Prince Nicky De Lay Ley" if you read what you’ve said to me this entire thread it was quite condescending and an attack in some way shape or form onto me. Your opinion is your opinion, but you didn’t have to be rude to me dude

I have attempted to provide the community with my feedback and assessment of your tenure as an admin. Much of my assessment was negative. I don't consider providing my opinion to be an "attack in some way shape or form onto me." I would expect an admin to be able to handle legitimate criticism without interpreting it as a personal attack on their character. I have repeatedly stated that I like you as a person and want to see you succeed.

I find it amusing that you are taking my criticism so negatively, considering this post that you wrote upon your resignation. I'm just trying to have my voice heard here, even though it is a voice that you may not want to hear.
Statements like the ones I highlighted in blue are what he is talking about. Saying things like: "I would expect an admin to be able to handle legitimate criticism" or "I find it amusing that you are taking my criticism so negatively" are attacks. Disregarding the argument about them being attacks on his character they are extremely condescending and you trying to pretend they are not is just another layer into what you are trying to do.

I'll make a quick list of all the quotes from your posts that are condescending or just an outright attack:
"If you or others can't see the difference between the personal and "professional," then I don't know what else I can do" (gaslighting people who disagree with you by saying they do not have the capacity to understand your words)
"That statement was either untrue or showed that you had failed to properly recognize several instances of your staff members commenting on and even posting evidence of inappropriate behavior." (Implying in the first part of this quote that he was lying)
"Maybe you should have properly fixed the system, rather than try to blame it later." (Gaslighting Dong by intentionally disregarding the work he did to try and fix the system)
"No one wants to ban a regular because often they are our friend or we will take a beating in an unban request. But some of us do it anyways." (The use of the word "us" is placing yourself on a pedestal so you can talk down to others)
"So in the 5 months that you were admin, you accumulated no more than 114 hours of additional experience." (Gaslighting through the use of the phrase "no more" implies that it was an insufficient amount of time, when in reality it fell well within and even surpassed the time requirements for admin)
"You cite this as one of your achievements or positive things that you did as a staff member. These were quickly deleted after you resigned. Not much of a legacy there, especially considering you have oft criticized them." (This is just an outright attack, blaming him for something that you admitted was done after he resigned. The phrase "not much of a legacy there" contributes nothing to your point except to attack Dong)

"I will cite my legacy as the PH Admin as a comparison and to see if you can provide me with something similar." (Gaslighting Dong is a pointless show of one-upmanship, to again put yourself above him so you can talk down to him)
"And comparing Murder Admin isn't exactly appropriate." (Saying that comparisons are inappropriate while you just did exactly that)
"I am not blaming Dong for inaction, because I too was guilty of that. I am, however, saying that he either lied or failed to do his job as admin and stay apprised of a deteriorating situation." (Saying you are not blaming him for inaction while blaming him for inaction in other parts of the thread. Not to mention how you accuse him of either lying or being a failure)
"I'm just genuinely confused how people, especially those that never staff under him as a Moderator, are praising how great of an admin Dong was. I don't think there really is anything to show for his less than 114 hours and 5 months of being an admin" (Again saying he was a useless Admin and criticizing those who you claim never staffed under him while you yourself admitted later on to only staffing under him while he "was on his way out")

edit: In reference to the comment about his playtime, you acknowledged that the "definition of an active admin was a 10 hour per every 2 week gameplay, if I remember correctly", but later on you claim that as an admin he fell into the category of inactive even though he fell into the definition of an active admin that you, yourself, provided.

These are just on pages 4, 5, and 6. You have been attacking him or attempting to bait him this entire time, if you want I can comb through the previous 3 pages to find instances of it there as well. Do not try to act high and mighty now while in all of your responses you have taken a tone that attempts to place yourself on a pedestal while bringing down those who disagree with you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong - by Ckg - 08-15-2021, 02:01 PM