Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
since were doin some snazzy fun weapon/t weapon rebalancing, we should probably take care of the worst culprit and nerf the jihad finally

best way to do so would be decreasing its effective range and not even messing with the timer imo

i dont know how viable any changes to stuff like that are i am no expert in the archaic arts of lua

but yeah

range 2 big and kinda inconsistent it feels like given the timer but increasing timer decreases its usability to zero because tha t's about just right where it is
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I kinda like as it is, it forces the T to give up their life, you have like ~3 seconds to kill the person using it, and there's a lot of ways to abuse terrain to prevent it from killing you (like hiding around furniture, jumping a level down, etc). I think it's balanced as is.
The HHG already makes a better jihad than the jihad so like

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(08-15-2021, 06:28 PM)NotRand Wrote: since were doin some snazzy fun weapon/t weapon rebalancing, we should probably take care of the worst culprit and nerf the jihad finally

best way to do so would be decreasing its effective range and not even messing with the timer imo

i dont know how viable any changes to stuff like that are i am no expert in the archaic arts of lua

but yeah

range 2 big and kinda inconsistent it feels like given the timer but increasing timer decreases its usability to zero because tha t's about just right where it is
I was summoned from the abyss just to pop in and add a fat -no- to this post, as it is a threat to my entire livelihood (: 
Hey siri, how do I delete somebody else's post?

big -1 from me, the jihad queen
The range on the fucking jihad is inconsistent as hell. Rand isn’t wrong there. However I don’t know if decreasing the range will fix it but I’ll leave to the hands of the experts.
Jihad is fine and its very easy to avoid the damage, just grouch behind an obstacle and it nullifies it completely.

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
(08-15-2021, 06:56 PM)Thayr Wrote: Jihad is fine and its very easy to avoid the damage, just grouch behind an obstacle and it nullifies it completely.

Correct walls are S-tier. There is a simple toggle that allows jihad to go through walls as it uses almost the exact same lua the C4 does. Nicol and I discovered this when we were first adding the sticky bomb.
With that said, I personally like the jihad and I won't outright say no to any changes but I'd like to hear what more people say before considering one.
IMO the Jihad is one of the very few things that are damn near perfect right now, touching it would just make it worse.
[Image: tenor.png]
holy moly
The jihad should not be touched. Like at all.
If there's a way to fix the range issue, make it more consistent, that would be okay. But that is certainly not necessary, and the jihad should not be removed at all or nerfed.
Frankly, it's probably best to not touch it.

Due to my lack of shooting ability, I am a regular user of the jihad. I'll be the first to complain when someone 2 ft away isn't damaged, and I'll be the first to complain when I die to a jihad from the other side of the map. But its inconsistencies are almost a feature. By buying this item and using it, you guarantee your own death, and you have to deal with the inconsistent range. Think of it as a gun spread / accuracy. It's a certain degree of randomness, and it gives the jihad its own charm.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
no, jihad is funny