Unban Appeal for the sake of all my friends and foes at Dinkleberg
Ingame Name: DynastyOSX

SteamID: 76561198055649676

Who Banned You: Ethan

Reason For Ban: "Do not threaten to dox staff members"

Length of Ban: Perma

Reason for Admins to Unban: The gesture to "dox" staff members (?) was a poorly timed joke, as everyone in voice chat at the time was talking about inappropriate behavior involving going to people's houses. I also feel like my ban was biased in a way since I got a permanent ban and others in the voice chat at the same time got smaller, less severe sentences like gags, kicks, or 24 hour bans. Nevertheless, it was a crude remark about a serious matter that will not be brought up again.  Heart

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): I'm a first offender, my track record is squeaky clean. I'm a boy scout at heart. 

Other: Pretty please
-1, threatening to dox staff is extremely against the rules on Dinklebergs. Not only does it make staff uncomfortable, it's illegal. Its one of the few "jokes" you can make on the server that will get you permanently banned. Dinklebergs is supposed to be a safe place for all players and I don't want anyone who thinks threatening our players is funny to be playing on the server.

It also doesn't help that the reason you were gagged in the first place, was that you had been non-stop trolling and slur-baiting on the server.

Your ban was not biased as any player who made the same statement in chat would be permanently banned.
(08-17-2021, 03:50 AM)ratty Wrote: -1, threatening to dox staff is extremely against the rules on Dinklebergs. Not only does it make staff uncomfortable, it's illegal. Its one of the few "jokes" you can make on the server that will get you permanently banned. Dinklebergs is supposed to be a safe place for all players and I don't want anyone who thinks threatening our players is funny to be playing on the server.

It also doesn't help that the reason you were gagged in the first place, was that you had been non-stop trolling and slur-baiting on the server.

Your ban was not biased as any player who made the same statement in chat would be permanently banned.
Highlight, control c + v for me.

-1. that is just not fucking cool.
@DynastyOSX

Is this true? Were you trolling and slur-baiting prior to the ban as well?

Regardless of the alleged actions, -1 to the doxxing comment. There are many egdy jokes you can make, doxxing is the one of few that is a danger to us on the internet.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
STEAM_0:0:47691974 is your steam ID

Sounds like others in voice chat weren't threatening to dox others. We have some level of tolerance for stupid trolling but none for malicious harm.

-1 any form of unban/reduction
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I'll go against the grain here and +1 on a ban reduction to something like a month. You did something excessively stupid (more than just mass rdm, slurs, or cheating in a game, etc, but something that is actually illegal) but you were probably being edgy and don't have the capability to actually ddos anything. Consider it a lesson learned
The rules should be more explicit about the consequences of certain wrongdoings. Had I known that saying "I'm about to pull some addresses" would get me permanently banned, I would not have said it. And I got gagged for slur-baiting 1 time, and I stopped doing it after the gag, so ratty's accusation of "non-stop slur baiting" is false to further illustrate the biased thinking that is at work. There were others in voice chat slur-baiting at the same time, so he may be mistaken in memory.

Note, the slur-baiting and doxxing comments were several hours apart, I don't even remember if they were on the same day. I'd also like to add that I'm a high school student with little to no technical prowess, the doxxing remark was for distasteful trolling as I do not even know how to do stuff like that. It's understandable since how is anyone supposed to know that for certain? Anyways, yes, I am a youngin' so sorry for not understanding completely the rules and regulations of our government and grasping the severity of my actions. How am I supposed to learn my lesson if I'm not given a timeout and the opportunity to come back and redeem myself? I love Dinkleberg's TTT server mostly because it's one of the last fun, surviving servers in a dead game. I need something to come back to whenever I boot up GMod you know?

In conclusion, this was my first offense. In the doxxing section of the rules, maybe put in small letters "Doing this will get you permanently banned" and maybe reference the law in footnotes or something if you want to go the extra mile. I completely understand and accept the ban, but a permanent sentence just seems completely overboard given (again) that 1. this was my 1st time doing something really bad, 2. I obviously care enough to play on this server that I'm going through the process of an unban appeal so I'm likely not going to pull the same stunt twice, and 3. the rules are not completed with an accompanied consequences section, which is usually one of the most fundamental parts of a code of law. I guess I respect the ultimate decision of this situation since most of you will probably examine this through one lens and the outcome is utterly out of my control, but just trying to give one last slice of advice if this is to be my death rattle.
(08-17-2021, 02:25 PM)DynastyOSX Wrote: The rules should be more explicit about the consequences of certain wrongdoings. Had I known that saying "I'm about to pull some addresses" would get me permanently banned.
Would you go onto any other server and say that shit? Also -1 play stupid games win stupid prizes. Maybe a reduction at some point but not now.
(08-17-2021, 02:33 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 02:25 PM)DynastyOSX Wrote: The rules should be more explicit about the consequences of certain wrongdoings. Had I known that saying "I'm about to pull some addresses" would get me permanently banned.
Would you go onto any other server and say that shit? Also -1 play stupid games win stupid prizes. Maybe a reduction at some point but not now.

I honestly would if the comedic opportunity arose. It wasn't serious in nature to begin with, but I can see how this kind of thing can be lost in translation. I've been doxxed more times than I can count, the thing is is that people never follow up with anything about it because they're just trying to be scary and meme-y. I promise no one is special or important enough to have some stranger on the internet actually care about where they live, especially within the context that my comment was made. It's just humorous to watch smug individuals go ape-shit when the premise of someone finding out they live with their mom in Georgia comes up, which is an example of trolling. It was a brief quip on a small server of a low population game that people forgot about 30 seconds later, and that's really all there is to it. The situation has been exacerbated.
I would like some context.. the phrase "im aboutta pull up some addresses" isn't very threatening and I would definitely had known it was a joke depending on how they said it. I can understand how people from other circles don't really have the precedent set that joking about going to someones house isn't something we like here.

Consider:
"im aboutta pull up some addresses" - probably not serious but not cool, warn them to not do that before banning them
"If you don't shut the fuck up I'm going to leak your address" - much less jokingly an actual threat, ban them