Unban Appeal for the sake of all my friends and foes at Dinkleberg
(08-17-2021, 08:10 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I would like some context.. the phrase "im aboutta pull up some addresses" isn't very threatening and I would definitely had known it was a joke depending on how they said it. I can understand how people from other circles don't really have the precedent set that joking about going to someones house isn't something we like here.

Consider:
"im aboutta pull up some addresses" - probably not serious but not cool, warn them to not do that before banning them
"If you don't shut the fuck up I'm going to leak your address" - much less jokingly an actual threat, ban them
It’s said don’t dox staff or something so I’m assuming he tried saying something about pulling some addresses from a staff member. Tbh if he was joking it was a hell of a time to be joking considering he apparently got in trouble for slur baiting and non stop trolling so the player was probably already on thin ice if I guess. Although it would be nice to see the video of it I guess if there is a video for it.

Also to the op of this thread don’t start mass downvoting people. Trust me that won’t work well in your favor.
(08-17-2021, 08:10 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I would like some context.. the phrase "im aboutta pull up some addresses" isn't very threatening and I would definitely had known it was a joke depending on how they said it. I can understand how people from other circles don't really have the precedent set that joking about going to someones house isn't something we like here.

Consider:
"im aboutta pull up some addresses" - probably not serious but not cool, warn them to not do that before banning them
"If you don't shut the fuck up I'm going to leak your address" - much less jokingly an actual threat, ban them

The exact quote that I said was something like "let me pull the mods address really quick". There was no build-up, I typed nothing before that, there were no serious threats made, the reason I said this was because one mod had a vendetta against one of my friends and was constantly gagging them for slur-baiting among other things. I said this in the most joking way possible like I thought it was just a small comment and everything was going to move on and all of a sudden I was slapped with a permaban and I was like okie. Really interested to know if it's somehow possible to pull up the chatlog or something.

(08-17-2021, 08:23 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:

Consider:
It’s said don’t dox staff or something so I’m assuming he tried saying something about pulling some addresses from a staff member. Tbh if he was joking it was a hell of a time to be joking considering he apparently got in trouble for slur baiting and non stop trolling so the player was probably already on thin ice if I guess. Although it would be nice to see the video of it I guess if there is a video for it.

Also to the op of this thread don’t start mass downvoting people. Trust me that won’t work well in your favor.

Refer to the first comment I made on this post. Did not expect to get slapped with a permaban, it was not clear how serious that offense was on the rule page about dox threats (and it wasn't a serious threat). I got in trouble 1 time for slur baiting, as also mentioned in the previous post. The non-stop trolling was definitely not me, there were several others trolling at the time so I guess I am being directly grouped with them and bearing the cross for everyone who trolled that day. There's no video because if it was a super serious matter, a mod would have taken a video of it, but they didn't, because it was not as serious and surely they were aware of the joking mood that was present on the server at the time. Again, this whole ordeal has been exacerbated tenfold. And the holier-than-thou attitude of people on this thread is a little repugnant. Like I'm in high school, I made a small distasteful comment, get permabanned. You had to be there, it really, truly, was not that big of an event. Not sure why this has turned into a soap opera.
Not that my input really matters, but this seems like a slight overreaction and I don't think a permaban is really warranted. If what DynastyOSX said is true, and "ket me pull the mods address real quick" is all that was said, a permaban seems over the top.

Besides the fact, that you can't really just "pull an address" off the internet real quick (without actually doing some digging, and investigative work) the tone just doesn't sound it had much intent behind it.

Threatening to dox someone is not illegal like some have said, actually doxxing someone is.

In a Vacuum I think a more appropriate ban would have been 2 weeks. If he was banned for other things such as trolling, slur baiting or whatever, I guess it makes sense.

Anyways neutral on an unban because I don't care, but figured I'd chime in.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(08-17-2021, 08:23 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: It’s said don’t dox staff or something so I’m assuming he tried saying something about pulling some addresses from a staff member. Tbh if he was joking it was a hell of a time to be joking considering he apparently got in trouble for slur baiting and non stop trolling so the player was probably already on thin ice if I guess. Although it would be nice to see the video of it I guess if there is a video for it.

Yeah if anything goes sour for this person it's probably the trolling in combination with the doxxing joke.. probably wouldn't be a huge deal if they didn't give off an impression of trolling beforehand
(08-17-2021, 08:40 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 08:23 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: It’s said don’t dox staff or something so I’m assuming he tried saying something about pulling some addresses from a staff member. Tbh if he was joking it was a hell of a time to be joking considering he apparently got in trouble for slur baiting and non stop trolling so the player was probably already on thin ice if I guess. Although it would be nice to see the video of it I guess if there is a video for it.

Yeah if anything goes sour for this person it's probably the trolling in combination with the doxxing joke.. probably wouldn't be a huge deal if they didn't give off an impression of trolling beforehand
Tbh I would of 1+ a reduction if he went about this appeal a bit differently.
(08-17-2021, 08:40 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

Wouldn't the "trolling beforehand" imply that it was a joke to begin with? If I said, out of the blue, that I was going to start pulling addresses, that would be far more sketchy than if I was trolling prior to saying I'm going to start pulling addresses.
So I've seen the evidence now that I'm home.
I think Ethan should comment on this since he issued the ban, but I suspect that the trolling, multiple warns for slurs, and a multitude of gags for Mic spamming, toxicity, and staff harassment were likely factors into this.

So let me ask you this, because based upon what I see it appears that the threat made was baseless.

Will you agree to read thoroughly our rules, and follow them?
Will you agree to stop harassing our staff members for doing their job, and stop mic spamming and being toxic?
Will you stop using slurs?

I think counting for all these factors, an unban would be inappropriate. But a reduction of a week or two is probably in order. I don't think the doxxing comment has logged was enough to perma ban. But we have to address the other issues here too.

Anyway, +1 reduction to say 2 weeks, I have concerns about his definition of joking. I think you really need to reevaluate how you're going to joke when you get back in the game. Slurs aren't funny, harassing staff isn't funny, and Micspam isn't funny. But I don't think permanent is appropriate nor is it within our guidelines.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(08-17-2021, 10:06 PM)Jammin Wrote: So I've seen the evidence now that I'm home.
I think Ethan should comment on this since he issued the ban, but I suspect that the trolling, multiple warns for slurs, and a multitude of gags for Mic spamming, toxicity, and staff harassment were likely factors into this.

So let me ask you this, because based upon what I see it appears that the threat made was baseless.

Will you agree to read thoroughly our rules, and follow them?
Will you agree to stop harassing our staff members for doing their job, and stop mic spamming and being toxic?
Will you stop using slurs?

I think counting for all these factors, an unban would be inappropriate. But a reduction of a week or two is probably in order. I don't think the doxxing comment has logged was enough to perma ban. But we have to address the other issues here too.

Anyway, +1 reduction to say 2 weeks, I have concerns about his definition of joking. I think you really need to reevaluate how you're going to joke when you get back in the game. Slurs aren't funny, harassing staff isn't funny, and Micspam isn't funny. But I don't think permanent is appropriate nor is it within our guidelines.

Yes, I read the rules and agree to follow them. Correction, for the zenth time, I slur-baited once and I got punished for it already, so double jeopardy in that regard. During that fiasco, I did not use any slurs, I was only slur-baiting, and yes, I will stop using them. For some reason, others were slur-baiting at the time too so I just jumped on the wagon, yes, it's normally not funny, but research some articles on mob mentality / crowd psychology. 
Trolling is literally an essential component of every multiplayer game, and sure, there are lines that shouldn't be crossed, but GMod is like the ultimate trolling game and it has been for years. I'll stop the distasteful trolling and limit myself for the sake of this thread's purpose and myself. I micspam occasionally, but it's just to make funny noises and shit. It's not like I'm singing, screaming non-stop, or playing earrape sounds or music, this was one of the first things I think I got punished for. A well-timed 1 second micspam is comedy gold. Basically, if you make any noises besides talking you get gagged which is fine I guess, you do you. I did this maybe a few times.
Staff harassment, okay, I will own up to that one and I apologize. It's just frustrating when every mod is a megalomaniac with an itchy finger for gagging/kicking/banning anyone who makes any minor offense. Like seriously it's GMod, it doesn't have to be North Korea every second of the day lol like it's not that serious. If everyone was banned every time they broke a rule or almost broke a rule, the server would be empty let's be real. This was about the extent of my toxicity, which in the perspective of the bourgeois, was justified against the authoritarians. I wasn't joking around when I was harassing staff, so no, it's not funny. So yeah, when people were getting punished left and right that day, it irked me a bit, but I agree to shut the fuck up from now on. It's just GMod so I guess I shouldn't care if there's injustice among others. Consider me reformed and agreed to your terms. Glad someone has finally seen how trivial this all really is.
+1 for unban. I think this ban is unfair. I met Dynasty through the server and I think this was just a very distasteful joke. Dude is cringe but from our conversation about it, I can vouch and say he learned his lesson and would like to play on the server again. Is this really grounds to out someone from this great community? :(
(08-18-2021, 11:58 PM)Pooh Wrote: +1 for unban. I think this ban is unfair. I met Dynasty through the server and I think this was just a very distasteful joke. Dude is cringe but from our conversation about it, I can vouch and say he learned his lesson and would like to play on the server again. Is this really grounds to out someone from this great community? :(

See? Another Dinkleberg user supporting my escapade. Yes, I make cringe jokes, yes, this whole thing was exaggerated beyond imagination. But what I do, I do for the people of Dinkleberg. It's been 6 days since my ban and Ethan, the one who banned me, still has made no comment. So I guess I am stuck in limbo now?