Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove 'act' taunts for Hunters.
Act taunts are a feature which have been in the server for a while sure, but they give the opposite team a major disadvantage in one thing. Reaction time, the reason for this is because whenever a player is taunting, the opposing team is unable to see what direction they are facing. Thus creating an unknown interval of time for the player to either escape or decide to stay in their desired hiding spot.

That's about it, I expect major disagreement but oh well.
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
But I like to dance :(
 Uh oh, all errors!
As one of the dancing hunters, no. 

As staff, I can see how this can be viewed as unfair. Especially to newer players who are just working on their reaction time and hiding as props. Still it's not really hurting anything to be honest from what I've seen. The worst thing about it is it's annoying to props.

If anyone is misunderstanding the "Act Taunt" he is speaking about. It is when a hunter is dancing using an emote such as 'Act Dance' in console, thus making your character animated. The animation will misguide anyone looking at them since they're dancing. Where they are aiming can't be relied on at that point.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I've heard some people in VC call the 'act' dancing an exploit just because, as the OP said, you cannot easily tell when a hunter is looking at you.
In my opinion, 'act' dancing mostly affects newer players without the 6th sense to run that comes with just playing on the server for a while.  With every game, there is a learning curve, so it could be argued that this topic is no exception.

One thing you will notice is that if someone is dancing and has a pet, the pet will always face the direction the player is facing, regardless of dancing.  Since most players dancing have a pet, this is a workaround.
Honestly, it can be annoying at times, but you get used to it after a while...
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
As an avid dancer and used to be getting shit on by dancers, it can be annoying yeah but I wouldn't necessarily call it an exploit when there are visual cues that you've been spotted by a hunter like someone above said about the pets being a workaround but if they don't have a pet then I would check to see if the hunter has stopped moving in that small window before you get blasted and/or if they are mind fucking you by roaming around the area you just might wanna dip.

*Also I'm pretty sure flashlights either point where they are aiming at or wherever the model/hand is moving that can also be used for your knowledge that you're fuuucked*
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
it's funny and I have no idea how to remove it -1
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
It's not an exploit by any means. However, I genuinely would be fine with making it a rule to ban the "act dance;forward" movement. It gives hunters a bit of an edge as you cannot tell where someone is aiming. Some people also have pets and such turned off in the pointshop. I feel as if this has actively helped make PH more competitive. Which, in my opinion, has been a detriment to the overall quality of our server. Not saying this would fix the competitiveness of the server, but I feel it could be a step in the right direction.

Edit: With this being said, I don't really care either way. Just putting my opinion out there.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
https://wiki.facepunch.com/gmod/GM:PlayerShouldTaunt

If we decide to do this we can take the same route that other gamemodes use to block it.
Honestly in my opinion, I see no issues with taunts/acts. It doesn't change the gamemode much.
I have had people stare at me directly and still didn't see me.

I can see how its annoying though to props when you don't know if someone is looking at you and you don't know if you should move or not.
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
I really fucking hate hunters that taunt while shooting props (Here come the -1s)

I feel like it's broken in the same plane as using the jump pack and forcing your head into the ceiling in TTT. You don't know when the person looks at you if you're a prop and don't know when to run. It's not apart of normal PropHunt gameplay and it forces players to add reaction to taunting as apart of their play.