Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall sticking?
I've made suggestions in the past before, but I feel like this one would actually be the most beneficial if it can actually be implemented.

Well sticking, it's literally what the name suggests it to be. I think a way to stick to the walls as a prop would increase the number of spots achievable as well as making some existing props much more useful then they currently are. The paintings in some maps for a example would actually become more useful.

I do see one problem it may have, and that's being how close to the wall you can actually get as these props, but I think that is a simple fix by being one prop then attaching to the wall and turning into another.

I believe using the crouch button whatever you have it set to could for activating it, so when you crouch while touch a wall it attaches to wherever you touched the wall at. But I see problems with accidentally attaching to a wall and being stuck by accident. So I think a better choice would be the jump button. So while you are in the air you can press space or whatever you have it set to, to attach yourself to the wall.

Now I do not know if this is even a thing that would be possible to add in any form, but I do think it's a cool thing that could be added that would make the server more distinguished from others.
I do see if this gets added then the illegal spots would need to be slightly altered. For example you would not be able to hide on the walls in the elevator shaft on high floor office as it's basically impossible to be seen by a hunter. Although I think the visable and shootable rule would apply, as well if slightly modified the rule that you must be accessible to those without jump packs. Which brings me to my next point, this could be something buyable in the point shop as a secondary accessory that you can use along side the jump pack.
did you just ask for us to try and invent an entirely new system for prophunt that could potentially cause more problems then there already are.
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
this would be really funny but it sadly does not exist
(08-20-2021, 09:54 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: this would be really funny but it sadly does not exist
That's upsetting to hear lol. Really surprised nothing like that exist with how old the game is.

(08-20-2021, 09:46 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote: did you just ask for us to try and invent an entirely new system for prophunt that could potentially cause more problems then there already are.
I did not ask you to make anything. As my other post makes clear, I was surprised something like this does not exist. But you know knock me down some more on the forums no biggie.
I just don't understand why if anything would be made at this day it would be the "match to slope" the idea to me jsut seems like it would be useful for paintings and really dumb memes
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
My thoughts on this are it's not needed. This is only for the painting props or any other prop that belongs on the wall but even then this is only going to allow for more exploiting and more places to look making the gamemode harder especially with a full game. Even if this was a thing I don't think it's something that should be added.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(08-20-2021, 10:08 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote: I just don't understand why if anything would be made at this day it would be the "match to slope" the idea to me jsut seems like it would be useful for paintings and really dumb memes

Paintings, various electrical boxes, signs, and a few other things, more crazy, creative, and unigue spots like Mork, Ry, Slash and others can get into, not just memes and paintings.

Idk what match to slope is. But considering it's already been made clear to me this type of thing does not exist, then there is no need to go over any more hypothetical situations as that's got me attacked in the past.
While I love this idea, it would absolutely be game ruining.

I love the idea because I could become a vending machine in so many more spots (since most of the regulars know my spots now).

However, imagine how slow the pace of each round would be if you have to scan every single wall for grey cans.  In fact, the larger the map, the more of a detriment this new functionality would have.  Regulars who can skillfully strafe jump would be even more difficult to find, making the game less fun for newer players.

I like that people are making suggestions for keeping PH exciting, but unfortunately this just isn't practical.
(08-20-2021, 10:13 PM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: My thoughts on this are it's not needed. This is only for the painting props or any other prop that belongs on the wall but even then this is only going to allow for more exploiting and more places to look making the gamemode harder especially with a full game. Even if this was a thing I don't think it's something that should be added.
I respect that, You gave your reasons which I agree with would happen as i even mentioned in my post about some flaws and such. Tho I think it would be harder I dont think that Is necessarily a bad thing for some maps.

(08-20-2021, 10:18 PM)chelllman Wrote: While I love this idea, it would absolutely be game ruining.

I love the idea because I could become a vending machine in so many more spots (since most of the regulars know my spots now).

However, imagine how slow the pace of each round would be if you have to scan every single wall for grey cans.  In fact, the larger the map, the more of a detriment this new functionality would have.  Regulars who can skillfully strafe jump would be even more difficult to find, making the game less fun for newer players.

I like that people are making suggestions for keeping PH exciting, but unfortunately this just isn't practical.
I can see that, that does point to some more major issues then just what's been mentioned so far.
I can already see a blue chair in places it shouldn’t be, with 6 pixels sticking out of the ceiling

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon